Transmission Slipping?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
Transmission Slipping?

Hi there guys,

i'm new at this but i just recieved my 2005 JDM Honda Fit GD3 Full Mugen Body Kit And Suspensions.

I drove it today whole day for the first time, i can't really tell you guys how it drives but i think my tranny is slipping, is there someone that can help me out here in giving me some advice on what to do or what to check to see if it's the transmission slipping or not.

Automatic Transmission

Hope you guys can help me.

Old 03-21-2014, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by Tha Dragon
Hi there guys,

i'm new at this but i just recieved my 2005 JDM Honda Fit GD3 Full Mugen Body Kit And Suspensions.

I drove it today whole day for the first time, i can't really tell you guys how it drives but i think my tranny is slipping, is there someone that can help me out here in giving me some advice on what to do or what to check to see if it's the transmission slipping or not.

Automatic Transmission

Hope you guys can help me.
What engine model is this? what is it doing? have you checked your fluid? and most importantly is this a CVT transmission?

Old 03-21-2014, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by D429302
What engine model is this? what is it doing? have you checked your fluid? and most importantly is this a CVT transmission?
L15A VTEC engine

i tried to step on the gas at like 4000RPM it kept like stalling there and after that kept going, but it feels like it doesn't grip when stepping on the gas.

I'm gonna check it as soon as i get home today is there anyway i can check it instead of only taking out the gauge?

Yes CVT Transmission

Thanks

Old 03-21-2014, 02:21 PM
L15A VTEC engine

i tried to step on the gas at like 4000RPM it kept like stalling there and after that kept going, but it feels like it doesn't grip when stepping on the gas.

I'm gonna check it as soon as i get home today is there anyway i can check it instead of only taking out the gauge?

Yes CVT Transmission

Thanks
Your transmission is ok. that is normal for CVT transmissions to act like that. They do not work like a normal automatic transmission does. it uses bands. When you floor it the rpms are gonna stay high rpms as your speed climbs.

Old 03-21-2014, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
Your transmission is ok. that is normal for CVT transmissions to act like that. They do not work like a normal automatic transmission does. it uses bands. When you floor it the rpms are gonna stay high rpms as your speed climbs.
Ok,

Thanks for helping out man and about the "Paddle Shifting" How does that actually works?

Old 03-21-2014, 02:50 PM
Ok,

Thanks for helping out man and about the "Paddle Shifting" How does that actually works?
All that the paddle shifting option is doing is changing the metal band and pullies to a certain gear ratio to mimic a gear. The real only reason i could see you use the paddle shifting is to stay in a higher rpm range if needed for whatever reason like, decell or downhill coasting, etc. the cvt already acts in a way that it stays in the rpm range with the highest torque the engine creats so your getting the max torque output at all times under acceleration. Thats why you have that feeling like your "slipping". in all honesty paddle shifters are kinda a joke for a cvt transmission.

Old 03-21-2014, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member
All that the paddle shifting option is doing is changing the metal band and pullies to a certain gear ratio to mimic a gear. The real only reason i could see you use the paddle shifting is to stay in a higher rpm range if needed for whatever reason like, decell or downhill coasting, etc. the cvt already acts in a way that it stays in the rpm range with the highest torque the engine creats so your getting the max torque output at all times under acceleration. Thats why you have that feeling like your "slipping". in all honesty paddle shifters are kinda a joke for a cvt transmission.
Ok thanks i got you,

but if i wanted to tested out i just need to press the 7 speed mode button and then i can use the paddle shifters?

Old 03-21-2014, 03:12 PM
Ok thanks i got you,

but if i wanted to tested out i just need to press the 7 speed mode button and then i can use the paddle shifters?
i am not sure what you mean by the 7 speed mode because the US may be different. but i believe you can just press the paddle shifters and it will turn it into manual mode and you should see the gear number on your dash. if your crusing you should be able to downshift and and see the gear your in. to exit out of manual mode while your crusing i believe you hold both paddle shifters for like 5 seconds than it returns you to auto mode.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
i am not sure what you mean by the 7 speed mode because the US may be different. but i believe you can just press the paddle shifters and it will turn it into manual mode and you should see the gear number on your dash. if your crusing you should be able to downshift and and see the gear your in. to exit out of manual mode while your crusing i believe you hold both paddle shifters for like 5 seconds than it returns you to auto mode.
ok,

Thanks man, thanks for the advice