Extended Driver and Passenger Seats. - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums


Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 04-25-2016, 03:52 PM
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: California
Posts: 6
Smile Extended Driver and Passenger Seats.

I just got my car back (2015 Honda Fit EX) from Extendmyseat.com (which I read about on fit freak while trying to find out how to get more legroom) and its like driving a brand new car. I'm 6'3" and all legs, but I LOVE my Fit. I had been waiting for someone else to drop off their car so they could engineer them, but I couldn't wait anymore and finally took the time to drive down and lend them my car. It took 3 days and they paid for my rental, and I got a free set of brackets out of it. I got my car back on Friday and both the driver and passenger seats extend way back. Further than I would ever need.

As far as I know, that's all they needed to do to be able to make them. So now that they are engineered, I image they will be available soon. I am sooooooo happy to be able to road trip again! I wanted to post this for anyone who is tall and has this problem, this worked for me.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-09-2016, 09:40 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New England
Posts: 16
So if I pre-order seat brackets from extendmyseat.com they should work on 2015 Fits.

At the present time the Pre-order from Extendmyseat is for Honda Fits 2007 to Present.

If I'm not mistaken, the seat bracket mounting is different from 1st Genneration to 2nd Generation and changed again in 3rd Generation.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-10-2016, 04:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Boston
Posts: 28
Pre-ordered seat extender for 2015 Fit

In response to my email, extendmyseat.com said
"the brackets fit all of the years from 2007- present."
I pre-ordered a driver's side kit, using the 10% off coupon code "mothers" from their Facebook page. The website says mid-June...The 2015 Fits needs a click or two more seat travel for comfort.

Last edited by Citty-Fitty; 05-10-2016 at 04:37 PM. Reason: edit
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-05-2016, 06:10 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Boston
Posts: 28
Driver Seat Extension Rails Installed

My extendmyseat.com extension rails for the driver's side of my 2015 Honda Fit were delivered last week and installed today. I took them to a Yelp recommended shop that repairs/replaces leather seats. The shop charged $100 for the installation. Given it took just 30 minutes to install the rails on the drivers side, I feel I overpaid a bit. I'm heading out on a five hour drive tomorrow and went with the first shop that would do the work today, while I waited. Short notice, comfort over cost and several inches of travel added to the driver's seat. I'm absolutely delighted with the change. Thanks to, outtanames, for getting the ball rolling.

Last edited by Citty-Fitty; 07-06-2016 at 05:34 PM. Reason: edit
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-05-2016, 06:25 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New England
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citty-Fitty View Post
My extendmyseat.com extension rails for the driver's side of my 2015 Honda Fit were delivered last week and installed today. I took them to a Yelp recommended shop that repairs/replaces leather seats. The shop charged $100 for the installation. Given it took just 30 minutes to install the rails on the drivers side, I feel I overpaid a bit. I'm heading out on a five hour drive tomorrow and went with the first shop that would do the work today, while I waited. Short notice, comfort over cost and 4-6 inches of travel added to the driver's seat. I'm absolutely delighted with the change. Thanks to, outtanames, for getting the ball rolling.
How long were your extension rails on order ?
I placed an order over 2 mouths ago for my Accord and I'm still waiting.

Last edited by b121; 07-05-2016 at 06:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-05-2016, 07:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Boston
Posts: 28
Driver Seat Extension Rails Installed

I ordered them on May 10, 2016 and they were delivered July 1, 2016.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-23-2016, 07:25 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New England
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citty-Fitty View Post
I ordered them on May 10, 2016 and they were delivered July 1, 2016.
I ordered a passenger side set for my wife's Accord on 02 May 2016
and they f-i-n-a-l-l-y arrived on 19 July 2016.
They installed very easily and I now have the leg room I need, and no longer suffer leg pain from lack of leg room.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-01-2017, 10:11 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1
Extending

Quote:
Originally Posted by outtanames View Post
I just got my car back (2015 Honda Fit EX) from Extendmyseat.com (which I read about on fit freak while trying to find out how to get more legroom) and its like driving a brand new car. I'm 6'3" and all legs, but I LOVE my Fit. I had been waiting for someone else to drop off their car so they could engineer them, but I couldn't wait anymore and finally took the time to drive down and lend them my car. It took 3 days and they paid for my rental, and I got a free set of brackets out of it. I got my car back on Friday and both the driver and passenger seats extend way back. Further than I would ever need.

As far as I know, that's all they needed to do to be able to make them. So now that they are engineered, I image they will be available soon. I am sooooooo happy to be able to road trip again! I wanted to post this for anyone who is tall and has this problem, this worked for me.
I was thinking about purchasing the brackets, but I see that it only extends it by 3 in. Was 3 inches enough for you? I am the same height as you btw. If I can find something that can extend farther that would be better.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-02-2017, 07:57 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Boston
Posts: 28
The company website says they extend seat travel by 4-6 inches. They have made the world of difference in my car, affording comfortable seat positioning for a variety of drivers. None are 6'3", however. Email the company, I found them very responsive. They were offering a mother's day promotion on their Facebook page when I ordered them in May of 2016. 10% off as I recall.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-08-2017, 12:15 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Bristol,CT
Posts: 1
Carpet

after install of brackets does the rear mats still fit or did you have to modify
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't move driver's seat back far enough Counselor 3rd Generation (2015+) 21 07-05-2017 04:28 PM
Car Seats in the 2017 Fit LX AndreaJV 3rd Generation (2015+) 10 06-13-2017 10:15 AM
Extending Front Seat Rails? jmontena Fit Interior Modifications 0 10-23-2016 12:15 PM
Seat heater Install Factory Look TequilaSqueela 3rd Generation (2015+) 6 06-29-2016 05:05 AM
Easy large bike transport doane2u 2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 12 03-06-2013 07:37 PM


Tags
extended seat, more legroom

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:35 AM.