3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Refresh mode for seats on 2015 US Fit

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 03:46 PM
Refresh mode for seats on 2015 US Fit

I thought the front seats were supposed to fold totally flat back to the back seats (with the headrests removed). But I can't get it to work. I move the seats as far forward as I can, but the front seats seem an inch or two too tall. Or the back seat seats are too long. There's an inch or two of seat that prevents total flatness. I want this feature to work!

(On a side note, I was trying this to maximize space to fit cases of Girl Scout cookies in my Fit. I ended up leaving the front passenger seat up. Any guesses on how many cases fit in the Fit?)

Anyway, am I missing something? I watched a video on YouTube and checked my Fit user Manual.

Thanks.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
Was the rear seat reclined that last 2 inches or in the first position? I think it effects the position of the front edge of the rear seat. You might try both settings.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:52 PM
Sadly I don't think it's supposed to be completely flat. I wish it was, but if you force the front seatback down farther you could get pretty close.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:43 AM
m_x
Ditto on having the rear seat "reclined." You have to click it into the furthest position back or the front seat won't fit.

It doesn't go "flat," but it will be nice and flush with the rear seat. You might still have to push it a little bit, but make sure the rear seat is as far back as possible and the front seat is as far forward as possible and you're good to go. I feel refreshed just talking about it!

Old 02-12-2015, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by m_x
Ditto on having the rear seat "reclined." You have to click it into the furthest position back or the front seat won't fit.

It doesn't go "flat," but it will be nice and flush with the rear seat. You might still have to push it a little bit, but make sure the rear seat is as far back as possible and the front seat is as far forward as possible and you're good to go. I feel refreshed just talking about it!
Thank you, folks!

Reclining the back seats definitely helps, but it's still really really tight, I have to lift the rear seat a little and then press down the front & back together. The fabric puckers quite a bit, it's so tight. It's more or less achieving the effect though, so it's doable. This is nothing like how it's described in the manual.

I'm curious if all of the GK (2015) Fits are this tight of a squeeze. Is it easier to do this with the leather seats? Maybe I'll check with the dealer.

And FWIW, I had 55 cases of Girl Scout cookies in my Fit with some room to spare. Could have fit 60 cases (720 individual boxes of yum). This is awesome -- very close to SUV numbers!

Thank you again.

Old 02-15-2015, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member
Mine's tight too

@AFirefly:
My GK is the same way. If I position things just right and lift and jam the seats together, I can just get it to work. But, as you say, it's not what the manual shows. I wonder if there are models that actually do what the manual shows. If so, I wonder what's different.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
The instructions in the manual envision the front seats moving more forward than they do. In fact, there's a step about sliding the reclined front seat back to meet the rear seat bottom. I also lower the back of the front seat until it's on the rear seat bottom, then lift the rear seat bottom until it's level with the front seat back, then push them down together.