General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How I got my Fit, and 3800 mile report. (long)

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bennet Pullen
The Bad:

While there is a lot a love about this car it’s not all rosy. There are a few things I have issues with.

Number one is the drive-by-wire throttle. Am I the only one who thinks it is slow? It’s like every action with the throttle hits the engine half a second later. This really sucks when shifting quickly, because I have to let off the throttle and wait a second before I shift or else when I put the clutch in the engine will continue to rev up. If I was shifting at red-line this could easily send the tach into the red.

Am I the only one with this problem? I’ve heard Civic SI owners talk about it but no Fit owners. Maybe it’s actually a bug and I should have it looked at by the dealer.

My other complaints are all the standard fare. No dead-pedal, no passenger side vanity mirror, the steering wheel is to far away when the pedals are right, or it’s the other way around, the back hatch gets dirty really fast, the headlights are adjusted to low, etc. Most of these things can either be fixed via aftermarket or are really very trivial though.

Overall I am as happy as can be with my new Fit, so thanks again to hondaful for the tip. I would recommend this car to anyone in a heartbeat, and I have!
those are my exact complaints.

the first day i had an issue with teh "drive by wire". but i have adapted my driving style and have no longer have an issue with it. (my fit has ~3700 miles).

the standard equipment is little to none, but i guess that is how Honda is able to sell the fit at a low price. i'd LOVE for an aftermarket company to make a steering wheel spacer. lol. *crosses fingers*.

btw. that was a GREAT read!

Old 11-20-2007, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by solbrothers
those are my exact complaints.

the first day i had an issue with teh "drive by wire". but i have adapted my driving style and have no longer have an issue with it. (my fit has ~3700 miles).

the standard equipment is little to none, but i guess that is how Honda is able to sell the fit at a low price. i'd LOVE for an aftermarket company to make a steering wheel spacer. lol. *crosses fingers*.

btw. that was a GREAT read!
Wow, I didn't think this thread would ever crop up again.

I think now that my experience with the drive-by-wire throttle may have had very little to do with the throttle itself. When I first got my Fit other than short test-drives I had never driven a car newer than a 93. Now after 20,000 miles in my Fit, and some extended drives in a number of other more modern cars, I think my problems were not isolated to the Fit. Virtually all of the other modern cars I have driven have exhibited some form of "throttle hang" just like the Fit, drive-by-wire or not. The Fit is a little more noticeable than the others, but they all do it. I think it must have something to do with emission control, maybe getting off of the gas abruptly causes more emissions?