General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How do you feel with the cancellation of making Honda Fits?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2023, 02:24 AM
Originally Posted by TnTkr
I hope you don't mind me asking, because you mentioned you are still getting used to the CVT, why didn't you buy a manual Fit this time?
We were looking to buy a new car, but it was a very long lead time to get a manual gearbox model but this used Fit EX with the CVT fit us perfectly as we would have bought a brand new Fit if they were still available in the US and it saved us a ton of money over buying a brand new car and, depending on which new car, we would not have had the option of a manual gearbox, anyway. This is the first secondhand car we have ever purchased; all the other cars were bought brand new. So given that, manual gearbox cars are slim pickings around here and it was a good thing to try out these new-fangled CVTs as that, most likely, is the future as more car companies drop manual gearbox vehicles, such as what Subaru is doing (if I hadn't purchased the '19 Fit EX we would very likely have bought a Subaru Impreza Sport or Crosstrek). Sadly, Honda doesn't have a car that really fits our needs and wants within their current offerings.

When I test drove cars with CVTs in them (Honda Civic Sport Hatchback, and Subaru Crosstrek Sport) I came away quite impressed with the CVTs in them, actually. I will most likely be using the paddle shifters for the most part. I know they not like something in the vein of Ferrari's F1 paddle shift system, but if the paddle shifters in the Fit give me a bit of control over the transmission, I will be happy with it.

Last edited by Jeff Scott; 01-31-2023 at 02:42 AM.