General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

fan noise?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 01:28 PM
fan noise?

so i swear i saw this posted like four months ago, long before i had any trouble with fan noise, but the search engine can't find anything, so i'm posting again. nearly every time i turn my fit on, the fan starts raging. it can be hot or cold outside, moving or not moving, and it's still blowing like crazy. i thought it might go away, but i just hit seven months and it's still going. has anyone else had this problem? i know it's normal for the fan to be on sometimes, but it just seems to be a little much. any info would be appreciated.

Old 12-31-2006, 02:13 PM
your AC is on, do you have it on defrost

Old 12-31-2006, 04:52 PM
no, nothing's on.

Old 01-23-2020, 08:02 PM
Fan Noise

I’m not sure if this is the same issue that you are talking about, but a while ago my Fit developed only two speeds: off, or full blast when it was on. I took it to the shop, and it was a faulty fan blower resistor, which allows you to set the air at lesser speeds. Now, my blower is acting up again...sounds like a propeller going when it is on...makes a bit more noise when I drive it. Anybody know what it could be?

Old 01-26-2020, 07:31 AM
My cabin fan squeaks from time to time, but switching modes from low to high usually clears the issue. I don't notice it enough to justify ripping up the dash to find and lubricate the fan bearing.

However from the wording of the OP the tags lead me to believe cabin fan- but then there's engine related tags as well. Is this the cabin fan, or radiator fan you're posting about? Are you just the kind of person that uses all the hashtags because "hipandtrendy"? : P

Last edited by knope; 01-26-2020 at 07:35 AM.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:04 AM
Cabin Fan Noise

Originally Posted by knope
My cabin fan squeaks from time to time, but switching modes from low to high usually clears the issue. I don't notice it enough to justify ripping up the dash to find and lubricate the fan bearing.

However from the wording of the OP the tags lead me to believe cabin fan- but then there's engine related tags as well. Is this the cabin fan, or radiator fan you're posting about? Are you just the kind of person that uses all the hashtags because "hipandtrendy"? : P

It’s the cabin fan I’m talking about. With my issue, the sound increases if I turn the fan speed higher. It also seems to become more pronounced if I have been driving at high speeds for a while. I am guessing it is either the fan itself or the blower motor. If anyone else here has any insight on this, I’d appreciate it. I’m sure replacing a blower motor is a pretty costly repair.

Old 01-26-2020, 10:38 AM
Can you reproduce and record the noise? With mine it's sporadically audible as a squeaking noise.