General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Thanks Bama, I was just going to go to the dealership and get them... is the price jacked up enough to warrant ordering online with shipping?
I haven't priced them at the dealership, but I would guess yes. What I did is went ahead and ordered 2 sets, so the shipping was split between 2 sets. The factory wipers lasted me over a year, so I'm guessing the 2 refills should get me by for about 2 more years. They seem more durable and lasting than the aftermarket ones.

-Dustin

Old 11-11-2013, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
My 2nd complaint about my fit after the dreadful carpet these cars have.
The STUPID TPMS light that won't go off due to a dead battery in one of them I suppose.
Sure would be nice if I was given an option to turn this off... I don't feel the need to pay for replacement sensors and pay to have the tires pulled and remounted until I need new tires. What a PITA...

Old 11-11-2013, 09:11 PM
I am really not liking how the headrests are bent forward. I am now looking at those little neck pillows.

There is so much I DO like, though.

My most favorite (in the feeling spoiled department) is the cup holder near the window air vent where I can blow hot air on my coffee and keep it warm. :-)

Old 11-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Administrator
I am happy to say that one of my biggest complaints early on with the car was I couldn't find a comfortable driving position

I ended up reclining the seat more than I normally do and that actually was the trick

Old 11-12-2013, 09:15 AM
I put the headrests in a vice and bent the posts straighter. That solved one of my biggest problems with the car. Reclining the seat didn't help me, because the seat-to-headrest angle remains the same.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:36 AM
^pics? I wanna see your headrests now, thanks!

Old 11-12-2013, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by PaleMelanesian
I put the headrests in a vice and bent the posts straighter. That solved one of my biggest problems with the car. Reclining the seat didn't help me, because the seat-to-headrest angle remains the same.
Originally Posted by AZ_HondaFamily
^pics? I wanna see your headrests now, thanks!
Stock photo for comparison, not my car.

My potato-phone-cam photo of after:

I clamped the vise on the part of the post right at the base of the headrest, then slid a 3-foot pipe over the other end and bent it back a bit. Did this for each post separately. I did one headrest, checked it, did a bit more, checked it. Then I did the other one to match. Have to be careful to bend them straight front-to-back or they won't line up in the sockets.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:37 PM
Fit Peeves

The stick shift on the manual is too short. If my seat is adjusted so I'm a comfortable distance from the steering wheel I have an uncomfortable reach to the gear shift knob. It's ok when just shifting one gear but when quickly accelerating through 2-3 gears it's annoying cause I have to lean forward the whole time to keep my hand on the stickshift
Also, the seat fabric on the Base model is pretty crappy. I can't imagine it looking any good for more than a year. Anybody have any recommendations on how to prolong it's longevity?

Has anybody had any trouble keeping the rear seats locked down? They seem to unlatch more and more easily the more I use them and the latch doesn't seem very secure. You'd think they'd put in a more positive locking device. Can you imagine if someone is sitting there during a rollover and the seat unlatches!

Old 11-20-2013, 10:46 PM
Crick in the neck Headrests

Originally Posted by taraforweb
I am really not liking how the headrests are bent forward. I am now looking at those little neck pillows.

There is so much I DO like, though.

My most favorite (in the feeling spoiled department) is the cup holder near the window air vent where I can blow hot air on my coffee and keep it warm. :-)

Totally agree. What's with these car manufacturers that they think everyone's neck is bent @ 45 degrees? The headrest on the Prius is the same way. Did they come out with some new research that it prevents whiplash or something?
I can't even imagine riding like that on a long trip.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fungo
The stick shift on the manual is too short. If my seat is adjusted so I'm a comfortable distance from the steering wheel I have an uncomfortable reach to the gear shift knob. It's ok when just shifting one gear but when quickly accelerating through 2-3 gears it's annoying cause I have to lean forward the whole time to keep my hand on the stickshift
Also, the seat fabric on the Base model is pretty crappy. I can't imagine it looking any good for more than a year. Anybody have any recommendations on how to prolong it's longevity?

Has anybody had any trouble keeping the rear seats locked down? They seem to unlatch more and more easily the more I use them and the latch doesn't seem very secure. You'd think they'd put in a more positive locking device. Can you imagine if someone is sitting there during a rollover and the seat unlatches!
1.) Are you very short? Is your seat very reclined?
2.) Don't fall into the car, lower yourself down gently in a manner which does not require you to 'twist' into the car.
3.) No, my seats lock just fine and I put them up/down all the time.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:13 PM
Totally agree. What's with these car manufacturers that they think everyone's neck is bent @ 45 degrees? The headrest on the Prius is the same way. Did they come out with some new research that it prevents whiplash or something?
actually, yes. it's part of the active head restraint system. you'll notice that if you push on the area between your shoulder blades it actually moves the headrest forward.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:24 AM
If the headrest moves forward actively, why does it have to start out so far forward?!! It's a new federal thing and everyone's doing it, but I hate it.

The shifter is too far forward. Not too short - I tried an extension but that didn't help anything. I just shift with my fingers instead of my palm. (I'm 6'2")

Old 11-21-2013, 09:37 AM
5 Year Member
Old 11-21-2013, 09:42 AM
5 Year Member
I don't like this either but I found that by adjust it up and down I was able to find a spot where it doesn't really affect me while I'm driving.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:43 AM
That bent extender would work. I get by with a sort of "knuckleball pitch" grip instead. It's free.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
If the headrest moves forward actively, why does it have to start out so far forward?!! It's a new federal thing and everyone's doing it, but I hate it.

The shifter is too far forward. Not too short - I tried an extension but that didn't help anything. I just shift with my fingers instead of my palm. (I'm 6'2")
That's strange, like I said to the other person, do you recline your seat way back?

I imagine that could compound the effects of the angle of the headrest as well.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
Some other extenders posted by the same member CIRCUIT HERO - Rare Goods for Competition Spirits | PRODUCTS I like the shift knob.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:46 AM
1. I tried a straight-up extender and it doesn't change the seatback-to-shifter reach distance.
2. metal shifter knobs = hot in summer and cold in winter. No thanks. They look great, but aren't so wonderful in practice.
3. I have a workaround - change my grip on the knob. I'm fine with it now.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:50 AM
An extender helped me with my "shift reach" but I have long arms. The problem was having to bend my arm downwards to reach the shifter which shortened my reach. With the extension my arm is pretty much straight going to 5th but I don't have to move forward at all anymore. If that makes any sense. Much less travel between knob and wheel, passes the thumb and pinky test in 1st.

I thought about the bent extension but felt that 2nd and 4th would be awkward for me, 2nd is already a little awkward with a straight extension. My knob is super close to the vent control and i'll hit it with my hand if I don't pistol grip, but I have a tall knob and I always pistol grip 1-2 anyway. At least I know i'm in 1st that is my only complaint. Probably going to try short shifter and see how that changes things. I think with the extension it will end up being perfect for me.

I just wish Honda would have put the shifter like 3" closer, but it was probably ergonomically designed for a shorter driver that needs the seat further up.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:35 PM

because science!

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit