General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 11:09 AM
A few have removed the front bolts on the seat rails and inserted 3-4 3/8" washers under the rails to raise them and reinserted the bolts. I've found this to be most helpful.

As far as sporty drive - many on this forum would disagree and have tricked out their Fits to be performers. I enjoy my MT as it is, stock.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
A few have removed the front bolts on the seat rails and inserted 3-4 3/8" washers under the rails to raise them and reinserted the bolts. I've found this to be most helpful.

As far as sporty drive - many on this forum would disagree and have tricked out their Fits to be performers. I enjoy my MT as it is, stock.
I didn't really mean to say that the Fit isn't a sporty drive at all. The handling is awesome for a minivan and I really enjoy it. Sometimes even for a little fun on a racetrack. But with CVT transmission, the acceleration is far from sporty. And obviously, there is no legal way in Europe to improve that. If there aren't such restrictions, it's definitely possible and cool to turn the Fit into a performer. I would have loved to do so.

Last edited by GTornado; 04-14-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Nice looking ride you've got there.
How are you 'restricted' from modifying the engine? That's something I'm not aware of.
Is it because it's a street car?

I really like the yellow Jazz.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Juliane
Adjust your side mirrors all the way OUT, so you are not looking at the side of your car, but the cars coming up on you. You have no blind spot that way.
It definitely helps to have the side mirrors set far out, but you do not get 100% coverage, there are still some blind spots.

If you set the side mirrors very far out, there can be a gap between rear mirror and side mirror. Now, since a car is about 15 ft long x 8 ft wide, you'll probably see the front of the car in the side mirror and back of the car in the rear mirror at the same time, but that is not truly 100% coverage.

Smaller objects (motorcycle, bike, pedestrian, Smart car) may still be hidden in blind spots. You can test this in the driveway by having a person move around and seeing if you can see them in any location.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:33 AM
I love my Fit, but I don't like:
-the carpet. It's so cheap I'm wearing right through it around the edges of the floor mats.
-plastic wheelcovers on the base model. Of course, you can't find a base model of any affordable car without them, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
-gear ratio is too low in 5th.
-car is just a little too small for the combination of a tall driver in front and a rear-facing infant seat in rear center.
-you really have to pay attention to make sure the seatbelt reels back in properly rather than getting jammed in the door when you get out.
-I often get a shock exiting the car.
-An air filter costs 25 bucks.
-A/C is weak.

Last edited by Boba Fitt; 04-15-2011 at 07:35 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:35 AM
5 Year Member
what i don't like: she's a real princess... i always have to buy her new stuff...

Old 04-15-2011, 09:09 AM
5 Year Member
Nice looking ride you've got there.
How are you 'restricted' from modifying the engine? That's something I'm not aware of.
Is it because it's a street car?

I really like the yellow Jazz.
Thanks man.

In Germany, it is allowed to modify the engine, but everything has to be approved by authorities. In general, you could do whatever you want to do, but you have to tender documents (surveys about materials used etc.) or you must test it yourself at accredited organisations. Most of the import parts do not have these documents and all these tests are really pricey (e. g. import rims - authorities told me that testing them can cost up to 10.000 or more Euros - no way for a student like me!).

They want to know everything about how your modification affects the car's emissions, driving and braking behavior, etc.. Otherwise, authorities don't accept your modification and you're not street legal.

It's due to safety regulations and liability aspects. Kinda sucks and lots of bureaucracy, if you ask me.

Last edited by GTornado; 04-15-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:29 PM
That's amazing - and we here in the USA think government is big! So if you boost your Jazz and don't tell anyone, how will they know? Do your cars require yearly inspections?

Old 04-16-2011, 08:08 AM
5 Year Member
That's amazing - and we here in the USA think government is big! So if you boost your Jazz and don't tell anyone, how will they know? Do your cars require yearly inspections?
Government is even bigger in the EU and in Germany...Therefore, car enthusiasts have a good life in the states, I guess. Yes, we do have inspections every two years and superchargers, turbos etc. are way too obvious. I am not allowed to run a CAI in combination with a sport exhaust, either. It's too loud for our regulations, even with a silencer. So, any improvement regarding performance is more than difficult.

Last edited by GTornado; 04-16-2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
2010 NAV

when you type in like sports authority or whole foods it pulls up ones clear across the USA. I find it really annoying. Honda suggests buying the updated nav cd for $175!!! That doesn't seem like an update issue, don't you think?

I do kind of like how the navigation will integrate with the ipod, but the honda navi touch screen is a little primitive. They could have done a much better job, but I manly got it for the stability program with regard to the suspension, but for a $2k upgrade, I expected more.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
So far on day two of owning my fit I have put a bit over 70 miles on it since I got it yesterday (I drive a lot).

The gas peddle is waaaay to soft. Going to have to get a stiffer spring in there. I see some have already done that.

By the time I am in a comfortable driving position I am so far back I am at the limit of the telescoping steering columb and want the steering wheel about another inch out and the shifter (MT) about 2" back, but neither are out of reach.

Nowhere comfy for my left arm. My elbow is passed the end of the door.

The big one that will take some getting use to.

It's too darn quiet. I came from a 97 civic that you could hear everything. Now I think I have stalled every time I come to a stop.

Also, the stock radio sucks but I already ordered a new head unit.

I am loving driving it so far and don't know what you guys are talking about with needing a 6th gear. 70mph is a hair under 3500rpm in my base MT.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Paul56
This is more something Honda could improve on the Fit rather than something I have a passionate dislike for...

...the paddle shifters on the steering wheel should remain stationary when the wheel is rotated so we know where they are regardless of the position of the steering wheel.
Very true! The new GT-R35 has them mounted to the steering column, rather than the steering wheel, which is what you're talking about. I wish there was a way to DIY it, so at the same time, you could bring in an aftermarket steering wheel too.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:50 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kurisux92
Very true! The new GT-R35 has them mounted to the steering column, rather than the steering wheel, which is what you're talking about. I wish there was a way to DIY it, so at the same time, you could bring in an aftermarket steering wheel too.
Yeah, I've tried to downshift while going around a corner....doesn't work too well!!

I pretty much never use the paddles any more.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:14 AM
After almost a year of ownership and a road trip of 2,500 miles, I would say

-I don't like the fact that I don't have a locking gas cap.
-I don't like the fact that there isn't a maintenance schedule that I can plan around. I live in a very remote area for 6 months of the year which is 4 hours (each way) from a dealer. I don't want to have to drive back to town for maintenance if the little wrench light goes on when I've just been back for a couple of days. I can't figure out why they don't seem to want to make this public, after the warranty goes, it would be very tempting to get it serviced somewhere close.
-The carpets are thin as tissue paper.

Aside from that I love my Fit and really enjoy driving it.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Canuck-Fit

-I don't like the fact that there isn't a maintenance schedule that I can plan around. I live in a very remote area for 6 months of the year which is 4 hours (each way) from a dealer. I don't want to have to drive back to town for maintenance if the little wrench light goes on when I've just been back for a couple of days. I can't figure out why they don't seem to want to make this public, after the warranty goes, it would be very tempting to get it serviced somewhere close.

Forgot to mention I really missed the overhead lights from my Honda Civic over the dash, but remedied it with a small clip on halogen light on the flap.

Speaking of flaps, they are waaay too small.

Still love the Fit.

Old 04-23-2011, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Juliane
Yeah, I've tried to downshift while going around a corner....doesn't work too well!!

I pretty much never use the paddles any more.
I still use the paddles quite a bit--it just takes some adjustment. I rarely downshift while moving through corners, I tend to do it before and after.

Old 04-23-2011, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
I have a new complaint...I hate the Dunlop tires it came with. I haven't owned mine for a year, am about to reach the 10,000 mile mark, and the tires are already near the wear indicator.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Canuck-Fit

aww come on... just do the servicing yourself!

@kurisux92: the dunlop were so much junk i was almost glad they wore down so fast! with good tires the car feels amazing!

Old 04-23-2011, 06:32 PM
the worst thing about this car for me is the darn seating position, the seats are to high off the ground, it feels like im sitting in a damn chair. would not recommend this car to some one who likes to stretch their legs

Old 04-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by chunkylover
the worst thing about this car for me is the darn seating position, the seats are to high off the ground, it feels like im sitting in a damn chair. would not recommend this car to some one who likes to stretch their legs
I agree.... took me a month to get used to the FIT sitting up straight yoga position that my kindergarden teacher used to harp on. I should let her know that after all these years, I am forced to listen to her after buying a FIT

I was so used to slouch into my previous accord seat. However, my chronic neck ache was magically gone after I switched to FIT. I am not sure if the FIT sitting up straight position played a role here. However, I have not brought my FIT for long road trips yet and who knows, the FIT sit up position may back-fire on me on longer trips :-)... I will report after my road trip.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit