General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 07:15 PM
I don't see anything wrong with the FIT. Just the blind spots took me a while to get used to because I also drive my S2000 top down when I can.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Love the Grill.... Would love to do something like that to mine... It's the Base model and the fins are missing in places.

Another thing I found I didn't like but also happens in other cars is, I take my Yellow Lab everywhere and when I put down just the back windows and play the stereo, you get this awful thing that happens to your ears, like they getting boxed or a whacka whacka whacka. It's some kind of harmonic distortion or something. If I crack the front windows a little bit and it goes away.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Spiked Up
Another thing I found I didn't like but also happens in other cars is, I take my Yellow Lab everywhere and when I put down just the back windows and play the stereo, you get this awful thing that happens to your ears, like they getting boxed or a whacka whacka whacka. It's some kind of harmonic distortion or something. If I crack the front windows a little bit and it goes away.
haha, what an odd coincidence, but i discovered this very phenomenon just today.

i was coming back from the dog park with my vizsla, and i cracked the back windows... sounded like a helicopter was hovering right next to the car! freaked both me and him out until i realized what was going on.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Messed me up too! Thought something was wrong with the car! Strange ordeal

Old 12-10-2012, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
I am not sure highway mpg would be much improved with a 6th gear as my only criticism would be high RPMs on the highway. It seems to get almost the same mileage at 60 as it does at 70 (about 38-40).

Well anyways...

-Highway RPMs are a little high with 5MT, would like a 6MT
-People seem to want to race a lot (my tinted windows maybe?) but I am not 16yrs old so I ignore them
-Seat material gets really dirty (custom Clazzio's coming soon) my 2011 Camry SE had black "sport cloth" and it was AMAZING. Wish Honda used the same stuff. I think the Corolla S uses the same material.

Overall, I love this car more than any I have ever owned (and I have had a LOT of cars, even high end/sports cars). That's really saying something...

Old 12-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Front end(suspension) is a bit fragile,but then again, my driving is a constant test for suspension toughness.JJ

Old 12-10-2012, 05:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jjsifo
Front end(suspension) is a bit fragile,but then again, my driving is a constant test for suspension toughness.JJ
Hey JJ, still beating up on your Fit I see...

Old 12-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Fit fitness

Originally Posted by Subie
Hey JJ, still beating up on your Fit I see...
Subie!!! old man ,how are you doing?? been off line for a while now,we had elections here also and it will affect my job,but I hope in a good way, you ok? JJ

Old 12-10-2012, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jjsifo
Subie!!! old man ,how are you doing?? been off line for a while now,we had elections here also and it will affect my job,but I hope in a good way, you ok? JJ
Doin' good JJ. Just keep those tires on the ground and don't get your flyin' mixed up with your drivin' habits! You Speed Racer...

Old 12-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Fit fit

Originally Posted by Subie
Doin' good JJ. Just keep those tires on the ground and don't get your flyin' mixed up with your drivin' habits! You Speed Racer...
EVERYBODY tells me that!!!!!,,Must be true,take care man!!!! JJ

Old 12-16-2012, 07:29 PM
5 Year Member
Not enough aftermarket parts for the 2010 GE8.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:31 PM
Aftermarquet parts

Originally Posted by Moyock101
Not enough aftermarket parts for the 2010 GE8.
TRUE,,it is just a matter of a couple more years, those things are selling like never before. JJ

Old 12-17-2012, 12:08 AM
seat material. shit sticks to it too much

Old 12-21-2012, 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by Spiked Up
Love the Grill.... Would love to do something like that to mine... It's the Base model and the fins are missing in places.

It's just wind buffeting, it happens to most sedans if you crack just the single back window, this is when the air pressure fluctuates in and out because it has no where to enter / escape, it's basically acting like a parachute air pocket.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:41 AM
A for my main complaint, I wish it had a 6 speed auto like most of the competition mated to the civic's fuel miser 140hp 1.8L, it would get better mpg and have more power, win win situation, I've always wondered why the civic being heavier, bigger and with 23 more hp still gets better EPA mpg ratings then the smaller fit with a 1.5. It would be a rockin car if it had the civics engine.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:15 AM
It really needs 6th gear for highway driving

Old 12-24-2012, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Mini_Odyssey
A for my main complaint, I wish it had a 6 speed auto like most of the competition mated to the civic's fuel miser 140hp 1.8L, it would get better mpg and have more power, win win situation, I've always wondered why the civic being heavier, bigger and with 23 more hp still gets better EPA mpg ratings then the smaller fit with a 1.5. It would be a rockin car if it had the civics engine.
It gets better gas mileage because it has a lower coefficient of drag. The fit and most other hatchbacks create vortecies behind them which causes drag. Combine that with the Fits big windshield and you have lots more drag that a civic. Its worth it for the extra space though

Old 12-27-2012, 05:14 PM
I don't like that the cd player in my 2009 Fit Sport doesn't recognize all cd formats

Old 12-28-2012, 12:28 PM
seats and headrest is a lil hard for me.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:36 AM
5 Year Member
- Navigation system: Interface for both audio and navigation are absolutely horrible, butt-ugly, more dated than even the term "dated". So ugly (Interface/Graphics) I'm embarrassed for people who drive by to see it in my dash. Decent system overall... just ugly as hell! May have to rid my dash of its ugliness!

- The interior: Far too utilitarian look and feel. In some ways it too is ugly like the navi system onscreen graphics, but not quite as bad. On second thought, not so much ugly, just far too plain for my tastes. There are saving graces such as the gauge cluster which I like fairly well. Yet I like interior space and functionality, considering its size.

- Exterior paint: Will almost chip, scuff, etc. if you even look at it too hard (yes, mild exaggeration... but only mild). Pretty clear in some places, orange peel in other areas, etc... Just bad quality control on the paint. Probably one color layer and one layer of clear coat with minimal rubbing out, if any wet sanding/rubbing at all.

- Sheet metal: Horrible... will dent, ding and bend if you lean on it with any semblance of weight... seriously! Can run my finger along the roof with minimal pressure and see a wave of sheet metal running in front of my finger where I gently push. Tin, maybe?

- Power: Could stand a little more power... but didn't expect any more than I got, really.

- Power mods: Apparently nothing one does to boost power (CAI, SRI, exhaust, etc.) will give the Fit any more power than it already has. It would appear the ECU compensates for any boost and brings it back to factory specs. Kinda' takes some of the fun right out of modding the Fit... trying to squeeze what one would like to try and squeeze out of the Fit. Someone HAS TO come up with ways around the "governing quality(?)" of the Fit's totalitarian nature!

- Cheap interior/exterior materials: Sorry, I think Honda could have done better even though it is an econo-box.

- Gas mileage (or lack thereof): The gas mileage far surpasses that of my Avalanche or my wife's GMC Envoy, for sure, but it's FAR from what Honda claims of it. If I were one of those suit-happy idiots who lives in courtrooms to extort money from companies I would have filed multiple class-action lawsuits by now. I seriously don't know how some on this forum and elsewhere are getting 37+ mpg and higher. I'm lucky to get 27 mpg under normal driving conditions.

There are other things I don't like, but the above are things that are borderline major with me.

There are definite things I like, a lot, about the Honda Fit Sport. But then, you asked for negatives, not positives.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit