General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How much did you pay for your Fit Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 11:10 AM
I think they want to encourage AT for the quicker and higher sticker price sale. I ordered a MT a couple of weeks ago and they said that it would be no problem at all.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
Cool MT sports still coming...

I walked in to the dealership on April 4th and they asked me if I would be interested in the black or (another color) sport coming in the next week. I said I wanted a red 5MT sport. The salesman then searched for one, only to discover that one was in Portland and supposed to get to their dealership on the 20th. I put my $500 down and went smiling all the way home. From all my reading on this forum, I expected to wait 3-6 months but I only had to wait 3 weeks!
The 13th he calls me and says its there! The tuesday after that I drove my Milano Red 5MT sport home. It does happen.

And yes, everyone is living happily ever after... and it's only the beginning...

Oh, and the funny part is that I had called them in March to try to get a test drive so my wife could experience it and they said they would call when they got one in. On the 20th, the black sport finally arrived and another salesman called me to let me know I could test drive a fit. I was pleasantly surprised. Since I put the money down on my fit, they didn't let another soul touch her. That was nice.

Old 04-29-2007, 04:32 AM
Originally Posted by Areitu
Have you heard anything about Honda stopping imports of MT Fits from any dealerships?

I went to a local dealership and they tried to tell me the Fit Sport no longer comes in manual, and that honda stopped importing them quietly. A friend of mine said he heard the same thing from two other Honda dealerships.
As of April 27th, there was a Blue Sport 5 speed manual at Stevens Creek Honda in San Jose, CA. It had just come in. Don't know about the future.

Old 04-29-2007, 05:07 AM
Originally Posted by spam54
I test drove what could be my Fit today, and an AT Sport with a trunk tray, trunk cover, all weather floor mats, gas cap lock for $19,100.......Why do i feel like i'm gettin the worst deal out of all of you? Please reply for i gotta let the dealer know my decision.
You're not. Mine was 16,765. Then since I didn't know they were a scam I paid extra for the alarm, the interior/exterior protection package, the 6 year/80000 mile extended warranty, and 8.5% taxes in California. No floor mats or other extras. $21,000 out the door. Wish I would have read these posts first.

Old 04-29-2007, 06:26 AM
manual fits are still available...

those who tells you that it's not avaiable is lying.

however, they are hard to come by.

Old 04-29-2007, 09:35 AM
tell them to throw in the 5 year 75,000 warrenty.

Old 04-29-2007, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by spam54
I test drove what could be my Fit today, and an AT Sport with a trunk tray, trunk cover, all weather floor mats, gas cap lock for $19,100.......Why do i feel like i'm gettin the worst deal out of all of you? Please reply for i gotta let the dealer know my decision.
tell them to throw in the 5 year / 75,000 warrenty or no deal.

Old 04-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by bigmac
tell them to throw in the 5 year / 75,000 warrenty or no deal.
I'd make them throw in the 7yr/120k warranty.

Old 04-29-2007, 07:29 PM
NW price gouging...

Prices in the NW (OR., WA.) are running a bit rich.
Most dealerships don't ave any cars to test drive, let alone sell. I was able to test drive a base automatic.
The car I am buying is a Sport AT, Blaze Orange Metallic,... nothing like this locally or w/i my reach.
The only car set up like this, about 3hrs away, I ordered for 18k (w/ all season mats. cargo cover, bumper applique and cargo cover), due in 10 days.
I searched high and low and this is what I learned;
- Sport AT (not BOM) available @ the end of May - 18.2k
- Used Sport AT (2), available now ~3hrs away (not
BOM) - 19.9k
- Red Sport AT, ~ 2hrs away - 20k
- 5 Sport AT (all but black) arriving through May - 17.6k
(with no upgrades) - BOM coming last - 5/26
- Red Sport Fit, w/ upgrades (mandatory) - alloy wheels
all season mats, cargo tray and cover, locking nuts,
locking gas cap, bumper applique - 18.9k
- Silver Sport AT - mats, cargo cover, cargo tray - 18.2k
Then add doc fee (35), tax and license...$ $ $ $
Much of this will come down to timing.
If you walk into a dealership and see a Fit you want.. buy it. If you can wait 2-3 months, you will be better able to negotiate price / options. If you want to travel to CA., FL., or ...? maybe the cost of the plane ticket and the gas will be less than the markup... This is a new and very cool car. Sometimes you may need to pay a little extra. I know I'm paying a little extra.. that's OK.
I've negotiated better deals in the past, and i'll negotiate better deals in the future.
Do your best, accept the reality of the supply / demand chain, and choose to wait or pay a little extra.
Always ask for more though.
Ask for trinkets, mats, coffee cups, key chains, gas cards, etc. Again, this is a cool car... ENJOY...
p.s. If you want any of the cars I described, PM me and I'll tell you their locations....

Old 04-30-2007, 04:52 AM
5 Year Member
Oh well, got my white on black Fit today......out the door was 18.5
FACT: i probably got one of the lowest deals in Hawaii
FACT: It pales in comparison to the deals in the mainland

Old 04-30-2007, 05:44 AM
i bought mine back in febuary and got it for msrp.i did have to wait about 3 months for it though.

Old 04-30-2007, 06:28 AM
I bought my Fit over the weekend. Paid $19k (including 9.5% sales tax). I'm going pick it up this afternoon.

Old 04-30-2007, 07:08 PM
Costco Auto Sales

I just ordered my Fit Sport 5AT with no dealer add-ons for $16465 (100 below MSRP). I went through the Costco Auto buying program. They sent me to Weseloh Honda in San Juan Capistrano, CA. No hassles. The car should arrive in 3 weeks (5/20). I'll keep you posted.

For Honda accessories, I go to H and A Accessories dot com - Genuine Factory Honda and Acura Accessories at discount prices. Accessories made by Honda and Acura for your car. I'm going to see if my local dealer will match their prices.

Old 04-30-2007, 07:18 PM
My OTD price was 17,400.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Paid???!!!???

Jeeeezzzz....

$300 a month for 6 years, I don't care I had to have her.

2007 BOM Sport AT

~whatever~

Last edited by Colomom; 04-30-2007 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
$15,120 with the heavy duty rubber floor mats. I wanted a blue M/T but I didn;t want to wait 2 months, so they knocked some of the price off of the Red one. I'm glad I went with red, it looks pretty sharp.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Unhappy

I am hoping I will be able to get my fit.

Has anyone financed theirs?

I don't know if I can get it financed - this is my first time buying a car through a dealer. I am a college kid, but my credit score is good (791 when I checked my report yesterday). I don't know what type of APR the dealer will offer me, or if he'll even offer to take me up on the Fit. I mean, dealers generally work with their customers to get the sale, and by financing it that means I'll be putting extra $$ in their pockets at the end of the term.

Hmm...

Old 05-01-2007, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
I had several deals working. I was waiting to sell my Mazdaspeed Protege. I sold it on Sunday (I do miss it too). Anyway, the white sport w/manual I was going to buy sold two days before. I had another white sport w/manual at a different dealership, but it had the beige interior. I was originally against it, but I went and looked at it and actually liked it better. I got it for MSRP with free tint. I ordered all my floor mats, cargo tray, etc. through Bernardi Parts.

David - Dallas, TX

Old 05-01-2007, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
Check with your bank first. Get an APR, and

Old 05-01-2007, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
Check with your bank first. Get an APR, and use it as ammunition when you talk to finance. The dealership will try to beat it. I have good credit and got 5.9 through USAA, but Honda couldn't beat that. Interest rates have been slowly rising. I financed a car 2 1/2 years ago for 4.5.

Quick Reply: How much did you pay for your Fit Sport?