General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Ordering fit sport without the spoiler/body kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Ordering fit sport without the spoiler/body kit

Pretty straight forward: can I order a fit sport w/out all the extra plastic bolted on?

There's no way I'd buy a fit without the options that come with a sport (cruise, audio upgrade, alloy wheels), but I can't stand the "sport" body apprearance. It's just not my style. I prefer the base looks.

(on a side note, I can't for the life of me figure out how to search these forums)

Old 05-16-2007, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
I don't think you could, If the dealer lets you, they might charge you extra for taking them out, If I were you, I'd just sell them myself.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:27 AM
update: i've figured out how to search forums. I guess you have to be a registered member.

Old 05-16-2007, 11:08 AM
Retired Moderator
I'm sure there will be plenty of people in your area willing to trade you your fit sport kit for their stock stuff...

Old 05-18-2007, 03:17 PM
agree with hotkamote and illusive...jsut buy the Sport and then take off the sport kit yourself and sell it off. its just a lot of screw and tabs....not hard.

Old 05-20-2007, 07:48 PM
^ what he said. I personally wouldn't buy the fit without the extra plastic, so I'm sure someone will be willing to take the body kit off your hands.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:54 PM
what... that makes the fit 10X better just get a base i guess.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:58 PM
but he said he wants the cruise, better sound system, fogs, etc. These are difficult (and some are impossible) to install in the base fit without ALOT of work.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Also don't understand why anyone would like the base look over the sport?

Old 05-23-2007, 11:10 AM
Different strokes, I guess. Personally, I'm a practical guy. I don't care one way or the other about the body kit. Actually I find the lower front end a bit annoying in deep snow and around curbs. It doesn't actually DO anything useful, just looks cool. I wouldn't have paid extra for it if it were an option.

But the other stuff you get with the Sport vs Base is more than worth the price difference. For someone who really doesn't like the look of the Sport, it makes sense to remove unwanted stuff from Sport vs. adding extras onto Base.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:48 PM
i too don't understand why people buy base over sport (if money is not a factor). sport looks so much better with better gizmos. (especailly fogs)

nevertheless,, if you reallly want the base look.. just remove body kit & fogs and spoiler and sell them for profit..

Old 05-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by bestfit
i too don't understand why people buy base over sport (if money is not a factor). sport looks so much better with better gizmos. (especailly fogs)

nevertheless,, if you reallly want the base look.. just remove body kit & fogs and spoiler and sell them for profit..
Just to clarify, you don't need to remove the fogs if removing the body kit. I'm pretty sure you can just remove the skirts and leave the fogs right where they are...

Old 05-23-2007, 02:08 PM
there will be two holes on the bottom of the bumper if you remove the front lip. very unattractive. Might as well get the base model bumpers and lose the fogs or go w/oem fog kit.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
When we ordered our Fit (9 months ago) we wanted a 5sp LX. The dealership first said "no prob.", but then couldn't get it. So I worked out a deal with them to give us the base tires and to take off the body kit on a sport they could get from another dealership. We agreed on a price ($700cnd over the LX's price) with the idea that they'd just put the stuff they took off and put it on another DX/LX later.

When we went to get the car, the body kit was still on it. I asked why and they said the OEM body kit uses large mounting holes. Se we got the body kit for free. At first I was a bit pissed because I wanted the extra ground clearance (don't laugh, we go into the country often). Since then though it's grown on me and only once did I ever bottom out (going out of a parking lot into a pothole - no damage at all).

So no, you'll probably not want to take the body kit off unless you are willing/able to make colour-matched plugs.

Digi

Old 08-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Being curious, and being concerned about ground clearance, I took a close look at the body cladding installation. To my surprise, the cladding is cleverly designed and does not actually decrease ground clearance any more than the thickness of the cladding wall thickness itself.

If you were to remove it, you would probably only gain approximately 1/8" of ground clearance, and you would have several holes in the bumper covers.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:19 AM
Retired Moderator
^thats suprising, but cool!

Old 08-11-2007, 01:28 AM
Personally I've had a lot of trouble with scraping the front end of my Fit. However, B'ham is horrible to lowered cars. The roads are broken up and small potholes everywhere.

If you do get the Fit and want to sell off the kit, let me know. If it's a blue Fit, I'd like to buy the front lip from you to replace mine.

Old 08-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Just me but I love the Sport Fit - the body kit was one thing that made me fall in love with the exterior. It is so low to the ground and just looks the part of a nice sports ride. I am careful of the kit and to date no problems with scrapping or bottom outing. I watch the side skirts too when pulling into drive in's with curbs.

Cat :x

Old 12-28-2013, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
it sucks

It sucks that the fit body kit oem is so hard to find. I wish I had it from factory.

Old 12-28-2013, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
Just fer yuks and grins, do you think a Fit Base is less likely to be stolen, just cuz it doesn't have "the look"? Have also seen posts about wheels being stolen on Sport.

Oh, if you own a Base, does that mean you are a base player?

Oooooo, bad pun.......

Quick Reply: Ordering fit sport without the spoiler/body kit