General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What would you make with full hight tech machine shop access?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 03:17 AM
5 Year Member
Exclamation What would you make with full hight tech machine shop access?

If you had an oportunity, what would you make for the Fit?

For years my best man and I were encouraged by a friend, who is a very high tech machine shop owner, to come over his shop and start experimenting by making our own car/bike parts. He is about 60-65, has a collection of E-type Jags, Lamborghini Espada, 512TR Modificata,…. His client list is a collection of heavy hitters from space, medical, deep sea research, racing,…. What I am trying to say is that he is not decking heads and porting them for living. That is a child’s play for him. This is an opportunity of a lifetime to make things other machine shops would not touch for expense and lack of time reasons. This guy is trying to get us hooked to work for him for years!

This weekend I am driving to So. Cali to brainstorm with him!

Hit me with your ideas!
I am thinking about high end stuff like exotic car parts quality and radical design not found on parts available for our beloved Fit!

Aluminum (or some other material) dead pedal and entire matching pedal sets.
Entirely new cold air induction.
Shift knobs and wheel pedals for A/T.
Gauge bezels.
Rear disc brake adapter plates for different calipers
Big brake kits of my own design.
New grills and canards
Adjustment plates for factory rear wing
Various bits and pieces in engine compartment and suspension,………………………………..

If we go through a “trouble” of making a single piece for myself, it would be a waste not to make a decent production run on some stuff everybody likes.
Problem with most of the stuff on the market is the fact that it was created to make good profit by people that are not usually as much into our Fit as much as we are! They cut corners and charge a fortune! Sometimes just because of the brand name!
I plan on building prototypes of my own ideas and designs and set up a meeting with anybody willing to meet with me to discuss them, exchange ideas, test fit items to find out an ease of install for average Joes (not everybody is a mechanic!)…….
I live in SF Bay area, but shop is in So. Cali.
Final product (if we successfully get to that point and our friend does not kick us out for bothering him too much!) will be made available to you guys for as cheap as they can be made. I do not plan to get rich here as much as I would like to tell my boss to go to hell.
I am just an individual looking for “more” than is available and fortunate to have a good hook up on a guy with wealth of experience and machines most machine shop owners would kill to have. You will be my jury and the executioners on how successful it turns up.
If you do not won’t “big boys” taking our ideas hit me on my e-mail: isaban234@yahoo.com or PM me.
I will let you know what I am working on the same way!

If anybody is interested to hook up this weekend in LA, let me know!

Old 06-14-2007, 03:36 AM
rear brake caliper bracket and front big brake caliper bracket.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by quangalang
rear brake caliper bracket and front big brake caliper bracket.
+1 I vote for the rear brake caliper bracket to qualgalang's specs

Eric

Old 06-14-2007, 10:35 PM
Brackets to bolt a rotrex supercharger in...and probably be done before JR has theirs on the market!