General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

hissing jazz

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 10:44 AM
hissing jazz

hi everybody, am a newbie owner of a jazz 1.3 cvt ( actually my wife is), anyway i was driving it this afternoon and noted that there was a hissing sound more like a hose getting a puncture near the front right side of the engine near the right tire,i've already checked it and there are no leaks, we've had this car a couple of days now, but i never noticed that sound, anybody have ideas what it is?TIA

Old 09-01-2007, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dragon64
hi everybody, am a newbie owner of a jazz 1.3 cvt ( actually my wife is), anyway i was driving it this afternoon and noted that there was a hissing sound more like a hose getting a puncture near the front right side of the engine near the right tire,i've already checked it and there are no leaks, we've had this car a couple of days now, but i never noticed that sound, anybody have ideas what it is?TIA
When does this sound occur?
Driving at any particular speed?
When the engine are at idle?
Do you hear it from the inside or from the outside of the car?

I hear a whistling noise from my car when the car is coasting in speed around 65-85km/t and the tone is higer at higher speeds. As soon as I touch the throttle pedal it is gone. The tone is too low frequency in speed below 65km/t and too high at speed above 85km/t so you can't hear it. And I only hear it when radio is off or at low volume. It has nothing to do with aircondition system, since the noise is constant whatever mode the A/C system is in. I have no idea where the noise come from but think it is normal (I hope) and it has been there from the car was brand new and has never changed in volume.
The whistling noise is appearing to come from the front right side, but is hard to pinpoint.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the reply, actually i hear it when am stopped and leave the car, and i hear the hissing sound, sounds like a split radiator hose spitting hot water,but in this case no water spilling or any leak at all