General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

No love from fellow Fit Owners????

Old 09-28-2007, 04:55 PM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 743power
HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he better put his flame suit on quick!

Old 09-28-2007, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illmatic07
Yeah...if it weren't for this site and magazines, I'd swear only older people drive Fits. I think I've only seen one other person in my city(Boise, ID) that is doing stuff to his Fit.
Ditto. I swear I will be one unique cat when I put shoes on my Fit and lower it. Not to mention tinting. All Fit's I see around here are pretty plain Jane

Old 09-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I saw a young guy once driving a Fit, we passed each other on the highway and gave each other the wave

Old 09-28-2007, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
the first time i saw a person driving a fit while i was in mine i gatta freindly wave! and it was some really old lady too lol but she was mad cool for sayin hi!

Old 09-29-2007, 01:23 AM
I just honked to a Fit on the freeway the other night. The dude in the car honked back, then I see his arm fist-pumping out the window in my rearview mirror. That's some enthusiastic love, wouldn't you say?

Old 09-29-2007, 01:37 AM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Originally Posted by lambert
I just honked to a Fit on the freeway the other night. The dude in the car honked back, then I see his arm fist-pumping out the window in my rearview mirror. That's some enthusiastic love, wouldn't you say?

Hehe sounds like a fellow fit freak!!

Old 09-29-2007, 02:11 AM
C_O
aloha

i try to waive at every fit owner i pass, but 8/10 owners usually pass with a smug look on their face. i've limited my aloha's to "modified" fits; of course unless they waive first.

C_O

Old 09-29-2007, 05:22 AM
5 Year Member
Smile Fit to wave

I always flash and wave when I see another Fit, and I'm older than most of you guys. I don't get wave-backs either, usually, but I think it's just because so many people are absorbed in their own worlds, and like some of you have said, lots of Fit owners aren't enthusiasts. I am enthusiastic about the car (even though I'm not a modder unless you count the tint and my hopeful future disc brake mod), but you have to admit that it's also a very practical car, and a lot of soccer moms and Clark Griswolds buy them to use as the "family truckster".

We should have an all-Fit parade through Cleveland or somewhere, blow our horns and throw candy to the kids.

Old 09-29-2007, 10:25 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Hey I would wave but I never see any Fits on the road. I did come out and find a SSM parked beside my MR at CVS. I waited but the driver
never did come out so I left. There is suppose to be a MR base in my
hometown but I've yet to see it. Yes, I would be honking, blinking lights
and saying hello if I saw any.

Cat :x

Old 09-30-2007, 09:16 AM
5 Year Member
When I first got my Fit last year they were so few and far between that whenever I saw one I would wave or honk, and more often than not would get a wav or honk back. These days though there are so many of them everywhere.... nobody waves back anymore. So I don't bother.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
Have had only two waves since April of last year.

Got a lot more waves in vintage Benzes, Volvos and Citroens (waves, people asking you questions at intersections, petrol stations, stores, resturants, going 70 down the interstate, etc) as these stood out in the wasteland of modern cars.

Honestly, I have had more waves from Suzuki Aerio drivers than other Fits!

Old 10-01-2007, 12:46 AM
I've had mine since July. To tell you the truth about the time I relize I'm passing a Fit it's to late. I have seen so few around KY, but I am seeing more. I'm going to try to get my wave hand ready. I ride a motorcycle and I wave at any other bike. The Fit is going to the garage to get serviced this morning. My wrench finally came on. It is showing A 1.
I'm so excited.....lol.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:54 AM
5 Year Member
Next time your in newport news if i see you ill wave A lot of fit owners used to wave back when I first got my car because there were so few in the area, now it seems like theres a whole lot more but nobody even looks at you

Old 10-01-2007, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
i've seen a BOM 3 times now, and each time the guy pointed at mine and i waved back.

that's the only fit i've gotten a wave back from, and they are getting more popular around here.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:21 PM
it's just a different group of people. S2K drivers are pretty much all enthusiasts... if they weren't, they wouldn't have droped $35k on a 2 seater that isn't very flashy...
The Fit is a $15K econo-hatch... despite it's handling prowess (which isn't even in the same leaque with an S2K... much less an F1 car). A few of us chose it because it's fun, but most people chose it because it's relatively cheap, efficient, a Honda, and insanely practical. Those are the people who never seem to look at anything other than a spot on the road 20 feet in front of their own car... they are probably completely oblivious to your flashing, waving, honking, etc. If you want to get their attention, you'll probably have to hit them...

Old 10-02-2007, 01:47 PM
A few weeks ago I was sitting at a traffic light and a woman in her 60's pulled up in a White Fit. We talked for a few minutes about our fits until the light turned green. Other than that I only had a few people wave back to me.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:46 AM
5 Year Member
I've also tried waving/flashing at other Fit drivers, but I usually get no response.
I did have a cool experience on the highway yesterday. I was driving along, minding my business when I suddenly see this SSM Fit in front of me. Usually I try catch up with other Fit drivers on the road but as I'm catching up, this chick in a Lunar mist Fit pulls up next to me and then sneaks in front of me. So now we are a convoy of 3 and we are charging through the traffic. Suddenly I look in my rearview mirror, and I notice a VBP trying to catch up to us. Eventually he did, and then there were 4 of us in a convoy making our way through the traffic, 2 sports and 2 base. Eventually we had to split up and go our separate ways. Damn, its quite sad, but I suppose thats the closest to a "Fit Meet" I'll ever get to.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:31 AM
5 Year Member
Very cool, Suzi! Wish we coulda joined you.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:23 PM
heh, I've waved a couple of times...I got a stare back once, and otherwise the people weren't paying attention

Old 10-08-2007, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member
why are all the fit owners round here old ladies????? no love from them!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No love from fellow Fit Owners????