General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

No love from fellow Fit Owners????

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 01:37 AM
5 Year Member
i had an interesting highway incident too:

i was trying to merge left, and there was apparently a motorcycle in my blind spot, so i almost cut him off. but i end up merging behind him.

then i notice a SSM fit a few cars ahead of me, who then also tries to merge in my lane, and ALSO cuts off the same motorcycle due to him being in the blind spot again.

that motorcycle guy was probably none too happy with us fitfreaks.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:59 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
The blind spot/motorcycle thing is really scary, and I'm driving the car, so I can't imagine what it's like for the riders!

The problem is mostly with the quieter bikes that for some reason pace you in the left lane a few feet behind your car, I've had several close calls in the Fit because of the blind spot in the rear. The loud bikes you hear a mile away and always know where they are.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
Hey, I'm 44!

Originally Posted by Apex77
Exactly. I haven't picked up my FIt yet, but I have been observing Fit drivers. They do not seem like enthusiasts at all.
I see a lot of ~30+yr old women driving them. I don't they are enthusiasts. I also see some seniors driving them.
. . . with a nearly-year old baby! I'm no enthusiast, but I am more enthusiastic about this car than I was about my 2001 Accord Coupe (and this is my 4th new Honda in a row, after 1987, 1993 and 2001 Accord Coupes).

Enthusiastic to the point that I have had it a month and already the car has been clay-barred, hit with Menzerna Final Polish II, and Menzerna FMJ (twice), and I drive around with a microfiber cloth and detail spray in the trunk pocket.

You won't see most of my mods, since they will be to the interior. I already have JDM door sills, and will be installing the armrest/center console and the ceiling console some time within the next year. Maybe yellow bulbs for the fog lights, and some LED tail lights/3rd brake light in the future as well. (My sister-in-law in Brisbane's basic MT Jazz came with LED tail lights!)

I'd wave to people if I ever saw them - but there are few Fits on my side of town, and only one I see a couple of times I week on my commute. We're passing each other at about 50 MPH going in opposite directions, so waving isn't really on the agenda.

Yes, I'd be friendly enough to wave to anyone, even you young guys with lots of very obvious mods to your Fits.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
yup i try to wave and all i sometimes get is this odd look in there eyes like im someone crazy.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Firebat666
why are all the fit owners round here old ladies????? no love from them!
In the Simsbury area? Yeah all I've ever seen are old ladies driving them, there's an old guy that comes to my work all the time he just got a lunar mist base, it's hilarious. So far I'm the only real modified Fit that I've seen in the central CT area, there's another VBP Fit in New Britain with tints and window visors but that's about it.

Most "respect" I've gotten from another Fit owner was some younger guy in a NHBP on the other side of a divided highway staring.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Firebat666
why are all the fit owners round here old ladies????? no love from them!
The median age of Honda buyers, including the Civic, in the US is 44, so it makes sense.

Gotta go to Scion for a younger set. All the gimics and the goofy name is why I did not even shop there, and I have owned several Toyotas.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Spule 4
The median age of Honda buyers, including the Civic, in the US is 44, so it makes sense.

Gotta go to Scion for a younger set. All the gimics and the goofy name is why I did not even shop there, and I have owned several Toyotas.
There's an old lady, has to be in her 70s, that lives down my street in a bright red xA with tons of options from Scion like a new grill, looks like 16" wheels , roof spoiler, etc. To be honest I don't think she knew any better.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:42 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by Arisenfury
There's an old lady, has to be in her 70s, that lives down my street in a bright red xA with tons of options from Scion like a new grill, looks like 16" wheels , roof spoiler, etc. To be honest I don't think she knew any better.

Odds are her son or grandson picked the car out for her.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:44 AM
5 Year Member
Well, there are two tails to every bell curve. Scion's median buyer age is reported to be around 30.....

Old 10-09-2007, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member
I think that is one of the special release or special edition scions. They come out with modified versions of each car every year and sell them for 1k or so more. They had the green xb with dvd monitors, red xa with mesh grills and bumper spoilers, red tc with mesh grills and the dark grey wheels, yellow xb with jdm side mirrors, etc etc

Only reason I know this is because my friend is a toyota/scion loving freak.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:44 PM
WHEN I BOUGHT MY '07 FIT SPORT (ORANGE BLAZE), LIVING IN LOS ANGELES I FIGURED I WOULD GET WAVES SINCE THE STYLING WAS OF A QUIRKY SORT. I GOT SOME, ESPECIALLY FROM THOSE WHO HAD THE ORANGE BLAZE, BUT NOT AS MUCH AS I HAD EXPECTED. HOWEVER I DO STILL GET A LOT OF STARES AND PEOPLE COME UP TO ME (IN PARKING LOTS & CAR WASHES) COMPLIMENTING ME ON THE COLOR

Old 09-17-2010, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
Fit Love

Yeah, no love from the Fit crew. Usually good when it first comes out. Most just give you the stare or confused look .

WRX crews are tighter. I have an '02 bugeye and was a novelty then when it first came out. Salutes lasted a few years - like "hey, we know what everybody else were wondering about" type. Now with the "teeners" driving their grad-gifts, they don't know any better. Now the cat's out of the bag, not a sleeper anymore. But on average, most still wave back.

Originally Posted by Suzi_q
I've also tried waving/flashing at other Fit drivers, but I usually get no response.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:21 PM
i hear ya. With the older bug eyed subs, they stood out. With the new ones they just blend in with the others

Old 09-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
you wont get any waves from me while im driving the Fit so dont feel bad if you dont see me waving. nothing personal.

to me, waving to another Fit would be like driving a minivan and waving to another minivan... ' oh do i know you ?' kinda thing. would cause more confusion than anything else. lol

Old 09-17-2010, 04:42 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
Holy thread resurrection, Batman.

I give and get waves in the Fit, but it's hit/miss and mostly miss.

I give and get waves in the STi too, and mostly I get waves back. I tend not to wave at latest-generation Imprezas because it takes me too long to identify the WRX/STi versions! Although that will change with the 2011 STi sedan, which is nice enough to tempt me to consider a trade in...

Old 09-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Zombie thread!!!!

I'd feel a bit silly waving at every Fit I pass, now that these are so common on the roads. Like waving to other CR-V's or Camrys.

And yes, zombie thread want braaaains!!!

Last edited by Occam; 09-17-2010 at 06:04 PM. Reason: fatfingered the iPhone
Old 09-17-2010, 06:02 PM
Keep in mind there are so many fit owners that aren't enthusiasts, they just got the car because it was the right car for them.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by h0pes
Keep in mind there are so many fit owners that aren't enthusiasts, they just got the car because it was the right car for them.
Yeah, I agree. You're right. Totally different cultures.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:26 PM
I had an srt-4 before my fit and it was almost like a cult everyone thru up the sign when another sert drove past. But lets face it we drive fits. Most other fit owners i've seen have to much arthritis in their wrist to even lift it off the steering wheel or are overweight middle aged women. The fit isnt exactly a show stopping car.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Well I am 54 and graying but this is my Fit:

I get waved at by Fit and other Honda drivers all the time. I even get the Honda wave from time to time. If I see other Fits I do wave but most of the time it is only from younger owners that wave back. If I see a stock Fit being driven by someone old enough to be my Grandparents I don't wave because I don't want to jolt them. I do enjoy seeing stock Fit owners who are looking at my car trying to figure out why the heck mine looks so different from theirs! LOL!

Cat

Quick Reply: No love from fellow Fit Owners????