General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit = Next EG/EK?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Fit = Next EG/EK?

So i was talking to my friend about what car im going to get and i lowered it down to a 2007 Honda Fit w/17k miles for 13,995 and a 2005 Scion Tc w/22k for 13,995. Its pretty much going to be my daily driver. What do you guys think? I know its a FIT forum, but i would like to hear from people with experience with TC's and FIT's.If i get a Fit, I'm planning on dropping it on coilovers, rims/tires, catback exhaust, intake, headers, and MAYBE Turbo.
As for the TC, its pretty much the same but except for turbo, ill get a supercharger.

Ok, back on topic. My friend was telling me that he thinks that the fits are the next EG/EK because its a hatch and is super light and handles pretty well stock form? Would you guys agree?

Old 12-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I consider the Fit more an Ef. Take a look at the Civic Wagovan.
Identical to the Fit basically. Just old. I love Wagos too.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:10 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Car handles great, all of the reviews since last year are pretty much in favour of this car. An interesting note, a lot of reviews include raves about the "fun factor" which although subjective seems to be a term that continuously reused to describe the experience driving this car.

My own view of the car is that it is an great for daily driving, can pack just about anything, great on fuel and with almost no comprimises. Unlike most economy cars it really feels connected to the road, test drive them back to back and you will see what I am blabbing about

Old 12-03-2007, 11:19 PM
reading more and more about fits on the forums and seeing pictures and stuff makes me really want a fit! My friend picked one up soon and i referred him to the site.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
i would agree with you thinking it will be the next eg. i have thought that since it came out. im not saying the eg is going anywhere...ever but i do agree. EXCEPT the fit is a MUCH nicer car to start out with. it is a lot quieter, a lot bigger, much better engine, way more amenities, same weight, same gas mileage, and even more performance all from the factory. i will always love eg but i think the fit is better.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:18 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
the fit's the next fit! it's like an ef/eg/ek cept when you're not racing, you can take your whole family on vacation in it.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:19 AM
I would disagree with this one, EG/EK had interchangeable parts with coupes, hatches, integra throughout 2 model generations. Fit on the other hand doesn't have that advantage, with the shortened release in here in NA aftermarket development is less than compared EG/EK. If only they have released it earlier maybe.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:23 AM
I believe in time this car will reach a cult stasis.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jsmitty
Truf!!!!!!

Old 12-05-2007, 06:47 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by Jsmitty

Jsmitty, honestly, I have been waiting for a LONG time for someone to say this on the board, and to my knowledge you are the first one. Congrats! And I also believe it will be too.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:18 AM
5 Year Member
while i havent driven a Scion TC. my friend has one. and first thing I though of was WTF what a POS. His circumstance is unique as he paid WAY too much for his POS. 9K more than he should have. idiot has some weird sense that if he is gonna buy a car he has to get the best of that line. Like he had a 99 Civic SI. I told him with the money he spent on his TC and only has 160 hp, he could have gotten a god WRX. "oh no I would have to get the STI but I cant afford the STI" whatever. the guy is an idiot.

anyway the Fit is a lot more fun in handling and very functional. the TC not so much. Really you wont regret a Fit. you might regret the TC.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by Solscud007
while i havent driven a Scion TC. my friend has one. and first thing I though of was WTF what a POS. His circumstance is unique as he paid WAY too much for his POS. 9K more than he should have. idiot has some weird sense that if he is gonna buy a car he has to get the best of that line. Like he had a 99 Civic SI. I told him with the money he spent on his TC and only has 160 hp, he could have gotten a god WRX. "oh no I would have to get the STI but I cant afford the STI" whatever. the guy is an idiot.

anyway the Fit is a lot more fun in handling and very functional. the TC not so much. Really you wont regret a Fit. you might regret the TC.
MUCH MUCH rather have a tc than another wrx. my 03 wrx was the biggest piece of shit i've ever driven! trannies made of glass!

if i EVER drove another subaru, it'd be an STI jsut cause you don't have to cringe everytime you shift in them

Old 12-05-2007, 09:01 AM
actually i think i might regret the TC because everywhere i go i see one left and right. and the fit has grown on me alot. especially when i keep driving my friends fit.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:30 AM
I just know this car is something special. It will definitely become a classic. It is a great car. Very fun to drive, lots of space, quiet, quality interior, everything I was looking for in a car. Now, I just need a K20 and I'll be set.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KDL323
actually i think i might regret the TC because everywhere i go i see one left and right. and the fit has grown on me alot. especially when i keep driving my friends fit.
dude i couldnt agree more with you man... scion TC is pretty mucj everywhere i got 10 ppl near my house that has one... thats why i chose the FIT 'cause its different

Old 12-06-2007, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hatch69
I would disagree with this one, EG/EK had interchangeable parts with coupes, hatches, integra throughout 2 model generations. Fit on the other hand doesn't have that advantage, with the shortened release in here in NA aftermarket development is less than compared EG/EK. If only they have released it earlier maybe.

ASIDE from the fact that the TC is a total chick car ( )

i'm suprised no one has acknowledged this statement, because its totally true!

If interchangability is the issue though, there are a good deal of performance parts already available for the fit, since the last honda hatch needed a whole engine swap to be competative.

but it still remains that the fit has a better interior.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
I consider the Fit more an Ef. Take a look at the Civic Wagovan.
Identical to the Fit basically. Just old. I love Wagos too.

the fit is DEFINTELY more like an EF. (minus the interchangability of parts tho.)

look at the old civic wagon, its totally a fit, just old. (and less oragami oriented seats.)

Old 12-06-2007, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
The Fit is a really nice car. So much use of it; It's fun, peppy, great handling, fuel economy, reliability, looks. It's gonna be a while however before you see Fast Fits like you see fast EG's since swaps and turbos are not common yet.