General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Mods for 2008 FIT Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
Mods for 2008 FIT Sport?

I just picked up a Red FIT Sport automatic for $16,024.84 (includes destination and handling).
It's a Christmas present for my wife Ann whose 2001 Turbo Beetle got toatled the other day (she's fine).
I really like how it handles.
It's like a skate board.
In fact, it's as good as my 2003 Neon SRT-4 and that has Mopar Stage 3 Coilovers (K&W).
Which got me to wondering...
What kinds of mods other peeps here are installing on their FIT's?
Nothing too exotic (no nitrous or big turbo kits) but maybe an exhaust, CAI, etc.

Thanks!

Last edited by Simon.Starkie; 12-15-2007 at 11:47 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:50 PM
Im not sure about the exhaust...but I know ive heard many good things about the Fujita CAI. I heard it works well with the Fit.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
check out the aj racing section in here.they have i/h/e plus coilovers and lots of other parts

Old 12-16-2007, 12:39 AM
5 Year Member
Wow, that was fast. Thanks guys.
I also checked and found my old friends at Modacar have some goodies for the FIT.
They used to have a really mean Honda shop car that Casey once told me was about 900HP but not streetable.
Their website seems to have some decent exhausts for the FIT for a reasonable price so I'll check that out on the way to work.
Thanks again.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Simon.Starkie
I just picked up a Red FIT Sport automatic for $16,024.84 (includes destination and handling).
It's a Christmas present for my wife Ann whose 2001 Turbo Beetle got toatled the other day (she's fine).
I really like how it handles.
It's like a skate board.
In fact, it's as good as my 2003 Neon SRT-4 and that has Mopar Stage 3 Coilovers (K&W).
Which got me to wondering...
What kinds of mods other peeps here are installing on their FIT's?
Nothing too exotic (no nitrous or big turbo kits) but maybe an exhaust, CAI, etc.

Thanks!
Aloha and welcome,

How did you manage to find a Fit in California? I thought there was big demand and high prices? Did you have to wait a long time?

Mods-
Replace the tires- the Dunlop SP31 AS are passenger All Season. Not totally horrible but more for comfort than anything else.

Want performance? Try 195/50-15 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R for $106 each from tirerack.com but tire treadwear is only 180. Strong wet and dry traction and decent comfort for street use.

Lighter rims would be nice. Tirerack has 15x7" rims down to 9.5 lbs each for about $199 each. Enkei racing Series RPF1 in silver. +41mm offset.

Cold air intake is limited for Auto transmission Fits. Axle back exhaust or cat back exhaust possible. Headers also possible.

Lowering springs and coilovers for a drop and better handling.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:50 AM
Retired Moderator
As far as exhaust, if you want a cat back i recommend Skunk2. Or A-back i recommend, megan racing, HKS, and HFP. Thats just my opinion. As far as intake stay way from K&N.

Tyler

Old 12-16-2007, 03:25 AM
5 Year Member
don't get the fujita CAI it wont' fit the AT!!! If u want a nice AT that i HIGHLY recommend, get the one from Injen technologies. It's been dyno proven to give some HP. As for headers, u can get the DC's but i've noticed that the fit lacks low end torque, so to correct that, go and pickup the headers from Weapon R which are DYNO TUNED for low end torque. As for an exhaust system, i HIGHLY recommend getting the aspec mid-pipe and axle-back. The midpipe just got released a week ago and i LOVE IT!! I've had mine on for about a week and the car really picks up really nicely! Oh btw they are DYNO PROVEN as well. =]

Old 12-16-2007, 12:26 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by MINI-Fit
How did you manage to find a Fit in California? I thought there was big demand and high prices? Did you have to wait a long time?
I also live in Norcal and just bought one a few weeks ago. I had zero wait and paid under MSRP....

Old 12-16-2007, 01:04 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
here's wat i got on or coming this week. car will be 'done' by
this weekend (other than the alignment next week).

i got my 5MT last week as well.

Springs: DF210's
Wheels: some RPF1 knock-offs in 15x7 40mm offset 195/50 912's.
Knob: i have a MT but got a TypeR style knob locally
Trim: zeta trim, deadpedal, cargo cover, honda factory sw cover
Exhaust: megan axle back (for cosmetics, tone)
Intake: might do the aspec (MT only)
Stb: might do the aspec
Window tint: rear windows, 20-25%

later on im going to do:
Factory window visors.
LED illumination for cupholders (just some blue LED's)
Black out foglight surround pieces and add yellow H11's.
5mm spacer for the rear wheels to push them out a little (to +35mm)
Huge TypeR decal. jk

further later on...
Black headlight assemblies.
16" summer wheel/tire set. looking for faux RG6 anyone know
where i can get one with 4x100?

Old 12-16-2007, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
Gotta do the Zeta Products dead pedal!

Old 12-16-2007, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
get some lightweight wheels. and you can either drop your car on Eibach's or skunk2 springs or get some sway bars to improve handling. As far as bolt ons go for. You really are limited because of your transmission however Injen CAI and The H-Fit intake all have had pretty good reviews. As far as Exhausts go J's Racing as a few good ones. however the Modacar cat back is prolly best bang for the buck

Old 12-17-2007, 06:12 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.

I'll probably start with simple stuff like a CAI and a catback and work from there.
Nothing too radical, just my usual "try to improve on an already excellent factory setup".

I had horrible results with Eibach springs on my SRT-4.
Bottoming out, blown struts, poor ride quality.
That's why I ended up with Mopar/KW coilovers.
At $1400 or so, they were expensive but are still awwsome 4 years and 50k later.

I'm a big fan of lightweight wheels because the reduced unsprung weight really helps braking, acceleration and tire/brake wear.
I have 17 x 7 Centerline Storms on my SRT-4 which are forged and weigh only 14lbs compared to 20lbs for the 17 x 6.5 stockers.
I prefer all-season tires and will probably try Toyo Proxes 4's or T1R's rather than Falken Azeni's or RE01 Bridgestones when the time comes to replace the stock Dunlops.
I may even go with siping again...the Dodge sure seems to stop better with that.
But even stock, the FIT is a blast to drive in the twisties, especially when playing with the paddle shifters!

I'll probably try a Prothane kit to firm-up the sway bar and LCAs etc since I had such good results with that previously.
And maybe some thicker sway bars like Hotchkiss if they are available.
Not sure about the "beam axle" in back, but I suppose beware "snap oversteer" is the usual concern as it is on most nose-heavy FWD cars.

I think maybe lightly tinted windows to finish it all off although I read somewhere that the stock windows may be "solar resistant" already.

If I do get bitten bad by the mod bug, then something like this:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/aj-r...tml#post166852
could be fun.
I'm pretty sure Casey at Modacar could install that for me, no sweat.
It seems weird to see the Greddy eManage in that link.
I'm not fond of piggy-back fuel controllers which try to fool the factory PCM's but are necessary to drive bigger injectors when a turbo is added.
Speaking of PCM's, I hope the PCM on the FIT is not as proprietary as the Chrysler PCM I have on the other car.
In fact, I'd much prefer an SCT Flash Tuner and perhaps some Auto Enginuity for the data logging to make sure the tune is safe.
Or an AEM EMS standalone but that's getting uber expensive.
Finally, perhaps Honda has upgrade kits like the Mopar Stage 3 I have on the SRT-4 (currently 350HP/365TQ).
I'm really a big fan of factory upgrades mainly because they really work, are durable and are typically calibrated to not hurt the car too much.

Thanks again and Cheers!

Last edited by Simon.Starkie; 12-17-2007 at 06:40 AM.