General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

2008 Fit Sport Noise in front end.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 06:22 PM
2008 Fit Sport Noise in front end.

I just bought my 2008 Honda Fit Sport 5-Speed last month and I've had to have it in the shop for 2 weeks now! Only has 1500 miles and about 500 miles ago I started having this problem. There is a clunking noise coming from the front end when i'm either starting or stopping in first gear. It feels like the car is creaking from the torque at start or stoppin. So far my dealer has told me 2-3 different things they've found wrong. The Carriage Bolts and front left strut and still they can't get rid of the noise.

They say it's "safe" and not a lemon law issue since it's not "safety-related" but they will keep it in the shop until they can fix it. So far they have been cool and let me have a free rental. I just want to know if anyone else has had this problem or if it is a first. The dealer says they have never seen or heard anything like this before. I had a similar noise on my 2000 CRV when the CV boot went out.

I really like this car and hope they can get it fixed!

Old 01-19-2008, 06:33 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
bad engine mounts?

Old 01-19-2008, 06:40 PM
i just got a call from the dealership and they are now going to replace the lower control arms. i'm scheduled to get the car back wednesday so hopfully this is a final fix!

Old 01-20-2008, 12:58 AM
Banned
I have had this noise from two different sources. One was a loose "A" frame bolt and the noise went away by tightening the bolt so their replacing the "A" frames sounds like it may work.

Also the disc brake calipers on the Fit/Jazz like to "stick" to the mounting bracket and when they release they make a clunking sound. Does the noise come and go with brake application? A quick dab of the proper lubricant applied to the load bearing ends of the calipers and brake pads got rid of that one.

Old 03-09-2008, 03:27 AM
I just recently bought my 2008 fit base and i'm now hearing a clunking sound as well... sounds like its coming from the front right side (passenger). It is a very slight clunking sound almost like i'm driving over evenly spaced bumps on a road? if that makes sense.. if I speed up to 50 mph and then coast in nuetral so i don't hear the compression i can hear the sound very clearly, i can also feel it very faintly in the gas pedal if i just rest my foot on it... Anyone have any ideas? The car is at the moment completely stock except for tint and an alarm system...

Old 03-09-2008, 04:58 AM
I cant say I have heard it starting off in first...but I think I have heard it slowing down in 5th. (and its not the stalling period...but just barely not) It seems to happen right around when the engine supposedly fires up the fuel injectors again. Possibly between 1100 and 900 rpm.

I do hear/feel the horrible clutch dissengage when going slow (especially right after startup or when just cold in general but not always) makes me cringe.... But that is not what you are refering to I believe.

And to the poster just above maybe a flatspotted tire? From either a heavy and I mean heavy skid/wear or more likely from being static for long periods. I have heard this happening on some Fits tire combinations that the tire flat spotted until it warmed up and then it was fine. Does yours change after a while of driving or is it just a constant?
Does it increase in frequency as you gain speed or is it constant as well?

Old 03-09-2008, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by footloose
i just got a call from the dealership and they are now going to replace the lower control arms. i'm scheduled to get the car back wednesday so hopfully this is a final fix!
Did that fix it?

Old 03-09-2008, 09:30 AM
damn i might be having the same issue, on a AT though. lmk if that fixes it!