General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Gahh, dealership scratched my paint

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Banned
Gahh, dealership scratched my paint

I took my 2878 mile fit to the dealership yesterday to get the recall taken care of and have my second master key made finally, since they didn't provide it when I bought the car. Anyways, I had to go ship some stuff while I was waiting so we ran down to the post office and grabbed some lunch then headed back. They had to send the blank key down to the acura store because the cutting machine wasn't working yesterday.

So I'm waiting and the assistant service manager had been helping me and he told me that they were going to program the key and then wash it, so I tell him I don't want it washed (I have worked as a tech at an Acura dealership, and I know the people they hire to wash cars...) but anywho he contests and says it'll be fine, yadayada. I tell him again, I do not want them washing my car. I find out that they did it anyways, and when I walk out to my car theres a really deep new scratch about 6 inches under the mirror on the drivers door.

So I walk back in and talk to the assistant manager and tell him I want him to come look at the nice new scratch they put in my car. He tries to say that we can't be sure that it happened while it was in for service, to which I replied with you bet your ass I can, I have about 400 pictures to prove it.

So moral of the story is that you should take your car to the dealership because they have agreed to fix it so it that it is as good as it was the day it rolled off the lot.

/rant

Old 02-03-2008, 02:44 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
sooooooooooooo

soooooooooooooooooo what happend? touch up paint followed by buffing times waxing times more buffing or nothing or what!???SUE THeM FOR A NEW PAINT JOB DO ITT! lol

Old 02-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
damn that sucks, i always tell dealerships not to wash my car too. i hope everything works out for you.

Old 02-03-2008, 03:16 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
My car hasnt been scratched at the dealer yet, and I hope it doesnt. I always hear them beating on it though. Revving and stuff. Gets me so angry.
Guess they dont know sound travels. I KNOW what my car sounds like.

Old 02-03-2008, 04:34 PM
Banned
I'm supposed to talk to the manager tomorrow morning, the dealership has a body shop on site but they are conveniently closed on saturdays, so I should know more of whats to come tomorrow morning. I just rewashed the car and started buffing out the swirl marks their brush left in the paint. So when I talk to him tomorrow I'm going to bring that up as well since they damaged the clear coat after I clearly told them not to wash it.

Old 02-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
My car hasnt been scratched at the dealer yet, and I hope it doesnt. I always hear them beating on it though. Revving and stuff. Gets me so angry.
Guess they dont know sound travels. I KNOW what my car sounds like.
I know i hate when delaerships are hard on the cars..Pisses me off big time yo.

Tyler

Old 02-03-2008, 06:03 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
from where ? i thought most dealers used a automatic washer now (cheaper than people)

Old 02-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Banned
Hoffman, its less than 10 miles from my house and they owed me the key. They're still fairly small, and they had a porter in the main tech bay washing cars with a big brush. The dealership I worked at used super soft sponges

Old 02-03-2008, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
dude that sux hoffman is treating u like that, i dont really like them, they have never been very kind to my family and they seem to do mediocer work, not to change the subject but were you parked at starbucks tonight? i met up with a fellow fitfreak there and there was a blue fit there. i hope it all works out for u with hoffman, if they keep giving u crap just call honda of america...

Old 02-03-2008, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
I got my Fit at Hoffman... I've never had any problems with the service department though, I won't be buying another car from the sales department however.

Who did you talk to about the scratch? They really like to dick you over there, especialy if you're young. They're actually a big company, the Honda place isn't all that big but Hoffman owns the Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Ford, Porsche, Audi and a bunch of others in the central CT area. So I had a hard time getting to them when I had a problem with my finances due to the asshole in financing at Honda.

Long story short, I wrote them an email threatening legal action and I got a phone call from Bradley Hoffman himself. I think I still have his number if you think you may need it.

Last edited by Arisenfury; 02-03-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
id say give him a call! lol that would get what you want... why do dealerships always want to screw you.... i go to torrington honda and have not had problems with them ever (they forgot to give me a master key too but fixed it ASAP) in the future try them out, my family has bought several cars from them and they always give us a fair deal, unlike hoffman who tryed to get us to trade in our 1st gen. civic hybrid for a 2nd gen. and wanted to give us several thousand less than what is was worth, torrington gave us over bluebook...

Old 02-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Arisenfury
I got my Fit at Hoffman... I've never had any problems with the service department though, I won't be buying another car from the sales department however.

Who did you talk to about the scratch? They really like to dick you over there, especialy if you're young. They're actually a big company, the Honda place isn't all that big but Hoffman owns the Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Ford, Porsche, Audi and a bunch of others in the central CT area. So I had a hard time getting to them when I had a problem with my finances due to the asshole in financing at Honda.

Long story short, I wrote them an email threatening legal action and I got a phone call from Bradley Hoffman himself. I think I still have his number if you think you may need it.

If you could pm that number to me that would be helpful. I'll see whats up tomorrow. I had an interview for a parts job back in the fall at Manchester, which is kind of a hike but I'd be willing to make it to get the car serviced there from now on. They seemed almost as organized as the dealership I worked as a tech in, which was a really well organized shop.

I didn't particularly enjoy the sales experience I had with them either, they took forever to find the car for me, and didn't bother to call and let me know they had it, I just happened to stop in to ask them about it.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
Damn Hoffman did that to you? The guy who owns Hoffman's (all of it) kid went to my high school. He drove this huge white Denali..blech. Anyways I got my Fit at Hoffman and they were really good about it. Did a dealer swap with a dealer in New York and I had my car within a week and got a decent deal.

BTW was that you at the Starbucks lot? Me and Jason were there earlier.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Problem is the Fit has no clear. Its water based, thats why it scratches so easily. What will probably happen is theyre going to try and buff out the scratch. If they arent careful because of the Fits shitty paint they may burn the spot.

Since your car is VBP a burn may not show. My pass. fender has a tiny burn mark from a scuff I had a friend try to buff out. Its now a little pink. My fenders are screwed.
fit_2_fcuk needs that JDM front end ASAP!

Old 02-03-2008, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
Where would you purchase touch up paint from online?

Old 02-03-2008, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by coupdetat
Damn Hoffman did that to you? The guy who owns Hoffman's (all of it) kid went to my high school. He drove this huge white Denali..blech. Anyways I got my Fit at Hoffman and they were really good about it. Did a dealer swap with a dealer in New York and I had my car within a week and got a decent deal.

BTW was that you at the Starbucks lot? Me and Jason were there earlier.
They're not a horrible dealer, and I don't think they try to take advantage of customers too much... my salesman Kris Dahl was awesome, but Shaun Feaster in the financing department just dicked me over many many times with my extended warranty and refused to return phone calls and would try to out source the problem to other people but himself.

In the service department they've been nothing but honest and helpfull with me and have never washed my car if I told them not to. I got my 06 Civic from them and then the 07 Fit a year later.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Banned
Kris was my salesman too, great salesman, but Sean Feaster is a scumbag, he doesn't return phone calls or emails. I called for him a couple times in one day and I talked to someone who said he was there and he wasn't busy, but he still wouldn't return calls.

And that wasn't me at starbucks, you'd know if it was me, I've got red H's and the jdm Fit badge, and an I <3 my honda thing in my from window

Old 02-03-2008, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
Is Sean the sales manager in that back office? That guy always looks like he hates his life.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by coupdetat
Is Sean the sales manager in that back office? That guy always looks like he hates his life.
that would be him alright

Old 02-03-2008, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
I'd watch my back if I worked at Hoffman Honda, I get serious pull-a-gun-and-take-hostages vibes from Sean. He just seems mad depressed. I bought my car from Rey Ortiz and he was great haha although he weighs like 300 lbs so I didn't get a good feel for acceleration when test driving the car with him.

BTW, there's this red Mazdaspeed 6 with 20k miles that's been in the lot since first started looking at cars over Thanksgiving break. I bet they're dying to give someone a good deal to take it off their hands!

Quick Reply: Gahh, dealership scratched my paint