General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

chick car?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 05:26 PM
My 13 year old soon to be stepdaughter told me it looked like a mini station wagon. When I reminded her that it was what she would most likely be driving in three years, suddenly it was a "hot" car. It is all in your perspective.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:48 PM
FITrunner- HAHAHAHAH thats funny...
yeah I guess almost instinctively when I think of a female type vehicle I think of any Ford SUV or red Chevy Pickup. odd...yes/no?

maybe because of that all too over used phrase "Soccer Mom" and
teenagers with something to prove...hahaaa

its an odd world....

Old 02-11-2008, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
When i got mine, a co-worker asked me if it came with a matching purse

Old 02-11-2008, 06:18 PM
A lot of females look good driving alot of different cars and in most cases sexy. For example seeing a good looking female drive an M3 or a Supra, "man's car", is dayam hot and sexy. I believe many guys would agree with me. same goes with our fits, they are fun to drive and yet when you see a good looking female driving our fits agressively then it brings the sexy factor up!

Old 02-11-2008, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Snap Fit
FITrunner- HAHAHAHAH thats funny...
yeah I guess almost instinctively when I think of a female type vehicle I think of any Ford SUV or red Chevy Pickup. odd...yes/no?

maybe because of that all too over used phrase "Soccer Mom" and
teenagers with something to prove...hahaaa

its an odd world....
ROFL yeah and much like some women out there (not all) its not about actually using it, its about having it and not knowing wtf it does. Most of the big SUV's around SoCal have rarely seen any dirt or off road, which is technically what they are designed for. Yeah I need 3 tons of metal 4x4 gas sucking glory just to go to the grocery or the local hair salon. Did I mention I am single and have no kids? Ummmm yeah.

Last edited by FITrunner; 02-11-2008 at 06:34 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member
I have never got a comment about the car beeing a "Chick" car, but that is probably because we in Norway normaly dont drive around in those huge cars you over in US is doing.

But I have got a comment some times that they think it looks very small, then I open the hatch and flip down one of the seat. And most people cant stop staring at the boot then
I even heard a few comment from some that just have bought a new car and they were bummed that they had not seen this car before, because it was clearly better than the one they got. I got that from one that had bought a WV Golf and from a coworker that had got a Suzuki Ignis.
But as hard it is to get hold of a Jazz/Fit even in Norway, it is not easy to switch car to a Jazz/Fit.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:05 AM
OOOOO OOOOO
I finally got a real unique comment today!
here it is-
Fumbling In the student lot at ECC (why I have not recieved my faculty/staff pass yet is beyond me.... ) a passer-byer said with a very perplexed look on his face "where is the interior of your car?!"
I then gave him a quick expanation...BLAHHA BLAHHA...

BACK STORYvvv
He was walking by and had apparently been driving behind me before I parked and could not see my interior because I had my seats folded down and my front passenger seat in full on long mode! HAHHAAAA, so he thought I had stripped out a NEW car! (cuz I still have my dealer tags)
HAHAHAHAAAA

Old 02-12-2008, 02:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Snap Fit
OOOOO OOOOO
I finally got a real unique comment today!
here it is-
Fumbling In the student lot at ECC (why I have not recieved my faculty/staff pass yet is beyond me.... ) a passer-byer said with a very perplexed look on his face "where is the interior of your car?!"
I then gave him a quick expanation...BLAHHA BLAHHA...

BACK STORYvvv
He was walking by and had apparently been driving behind me before I parked and could not see my interior because I had my seats folded down and my front passenger seat in full on long mode! HAHHAAAA, so he thought I had stripped out a NEW car! (cuz I still have my dealer tags)
HAHAHAHAAAA
lol, i'll agree, i haven't heard that one yet.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:41 AM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
No comments on chick car
but i do see a lot of old ladies driving the Fit

Old 02-13-2008, 01:01 AM
i had a lot of people chuckle at the car, especially at the autocross........

Until i PAX'd 23rd out of 111 different people, including many vettes, mustangs, miatas, and even a Lotus Elise... I also won my class against a Mini Cooper.

Pax Final Results, #1 - Palm Bay Autocross - Jan 6, 2008

Its an awesome little car... but i still traded it in today on an S2000... <shrug>

Old 02-13-2008, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
It is a chick car; remember that desireable females try to drive a guy's car. The Miata is a great point. Lots of females drive the Miata because they can, unlike some Vettes yet the race winners in Miata are legion.
Its a result of good design that virtually all females can drive Fits and Miatas just as hot-shoe drivers as well. (and some of those are female).
Don't let the 'chick' moniker get to you. Those often considered not chick cars are often the last car out of the garage for good reasons.