General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit now or wait!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Old 02-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by skittles
I'm about to do the same thing so I know what your going through. I tradeing in my 05 crv-se for a fit sport. I like the 09 but to me it's where I can save a few bucks. The 09 will atleast go for a grand if not more with a Skyroof. Plus there not going to more off msrp for atleast a few months.Plus first year bugs need to be worked out a bit. Your trade will be dropping in value. This is why I'm getting a 08. Maybe when they do the 09 refresh in 2012 I'll pick one up. And I'm getting a 08 Fit sport AT with all weather floor matts for 16100.00 before taxes.
The first year bugs will already be worked out when the NA 09' Fit (that all the auto industry sites have reported will arrive this fall) hits our shores. The new body style is already on the street in Japan as an 08'.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by crankshaft
The first year bugs will already be worked out when the NA 09' Fit (that all the auto industry sites have reported will arrive this fall) hits our shores. The new body style is already on the street in Japan as an 08'.
in an ideal world this is true.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by spin out
the current fit is flat-out goofy looking. it's almost as tall as it is long.

i think it will be interesting to see the new one in person, because the current fit looks different in person than in photos.

there's a fit in my future... just dont know which one yet.
Thats a very strong opinion about the current design. Most people will say the current Fit looks better. But its all opinion..

Tyler

Old 02-12-2008, 04:14 PM
5 Year Member
the current fit is flat-out goofy looking. it's almost as tall as it is long.

i think it will be interesting to see the new one in person, because the current fit looks different in person than in photos.

there's a fit in my future... just dont know which one yet.
i don't understand this logic. the new fit design is going to still be based on the current design, even if it's loosely based.

i don't want to sound like a jerk or anything, but with how often i've seen your posts about how much you dislike the current fit, it surprises me that you are still even considering one.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
unless you absolutely want a car dont get it. cars are one of the worst
investments you will ever make from a financial standpoint. you waste
so much money when you make a "mistake."

if you absolutely like the current design, get it.

if you think you might like the new design, wait. you'll probably find
new or relatively new used 08's when the 09's are out in the market
anyway, so no sense rushing it.
Man....this sounds like really sound advice, but I just hate waiting!!

Old 02-12-2008, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
Ummm...

No, I have never driven a CRV. I just think they look cool and have always liked them. Elements, too.

First-year bugs, well, I doubt there'd be any to speak of. Those guys at Honda are nothing if not thorough. But yeah, I like the current Fit's look better than the PICTURES of the upcoming model.

Has anyone added a sunroof to a current-generation Fit? My brother Jeff had one added to a Buick he had once, and it was perfect and looked great. Just a thought.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HapaLynai

holy jebus... the jdm version is a lot smaller.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pip_rocks
i don't understand this logic. the new fit design is going to still be based on the current design, even if it's loosely based.

i don't want to sound like a jerk or anything, but with how often i've seen your posts about how much you dislike the current fit, it surprises me that you are still even considering one.
i dont dislike the current fit. if a new one wasnt around the corner, i'd def buy the current version.

...and the reason i may still buy the current version is if the new one doesnt arrive before my current car dies. ....or if they tack on $1500 to the new one.

and even though i believe the current fit is "goofy looking," i still have a fondness for it. hell, i'm somewhat goofy looking myself.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by crankshaft
i hope you're right.... but which sites are you talking about?

i've searched around and all i see is sporadic speculation... some of which isnt encouraging.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:56 PM
i dont dislike the current fit. if a new one wasnt around the corner, i'd def buy the current version.

...and the reason i may still buy the current version is if the new one doesnt arrive before my current car dies. ....or if they tack on $1500 to the new one.

and even though i believe the current fit is "goofy looking," i still have a fondness for it. hell, i'm somewhat goofy looking myself.

That's part of the reason I will probably go ahead and get an 08...I'd rather pay invoice for an 08 than MSRP+ for an 09 which will probably cost more to begin with.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:22 AM
i hope you're right.... but which sites are you talking about?

i've searched around and all i see is sporadic speculation... some of which isnt encouraging.
Yeah, unfortunatly no word from Honda but these sites mentioned the release date. Dunno if it all came from one source and it just spread among the auto sites so....

According to Edmunds at the Tokyo Auto Show Inside Line: Video Player

Temple of VTEC (some guy that took spy pics of the new TSX at the U.S. Honda HQ said he also saw the new Fit being driven around)
Temple of VTEC New Model Release Matrix

Car and Driver
2009 Honda Fit - Auto Shows - Car and Driver October 2007

The only thing that would stop me from getting the new Fit is my patience :3

Last edited by HapaLynai; 02-13-2008 at 12:29 AM.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:17 AM
5 Year Member
According to Edmunds at the Tokyo Auto Show Inside Line: Video Player
Temple of VTEC (some guy that took spy pics of the new TSX at the U.S. Honda HQ said he also saw the new Fit being driven around)
Temple of VTEC New Model Release Matrix
Car and Driver
2009 Honda Fit - Auto Shows - Car and Driver October 2007

The only thing that would stop me from getting the new Fit is my patience :3
thanks so much! i've seen the edmunds video before... but the other 2 were new to me. definitely makes me more optimistic.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:54 AM
price for the 09 Fit? it depends on a comparison of what you re needs and demands

Old 02-14-2008, 08:15 AM
.....The only thing that would stop me from getting the new Fit is my patience :3
Ditto.........

Old 02-14-2008, 10:32 AM
I don't really like the new Fit. I think it's mainly because the headlights are (for me) too big. Just looks....weird.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:47 AM
Forgot to edit my post to include these links.

Another article that mentions the release dates for North America and Europe.
Honda gets 20,000 Fit orders in Japan in 2 weeks | Reuters

Someone (from the U.S.?) claiming to be part of a focus group that saw the new Fit. Don't know how far a company has a focus group on a product before release but anyways.....I just want to think that person is from the U.S. (says "my bad" and spelled "color" without a "U")
Honda-Tech.com: Honda Fit: Sat in an 08 Fit yesterday

Originally Posted by holloway2006
I don't really like the new Fit. I think it's mainly because the headlights are (for me) too big. Just looks....weird.
Yeah, the "bug eyed" look kinda weirded me out at first but I got used to it, kinda like how I thought the new xB was ugly at first......or maybe I just have poor taste in cars =[

Old 02-16-2008, 05:06 PM
According to that Reuters article the next-gen will be even more fuel efficient. I actually like the looks 99x better so I may end up waiting after all even if it means paying a premium...

Old 02-16-2008, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
why I went '08 and not '09

The bigest reasons I did not wait and I could and just picked up my '08 Fit Sport is the new i-VTEC 1.5l engine. The VTEC is old school, but all the bugs have been worked out and they run a long time. 200k + easy. Can't say that about the new engine and if your interested in economy the extra 10hp is no help. Top that off with a new car design (well sorta) and more CASH.

My racing friend worked in a large Honda shop and he said the i-VTEC eng in the Cvics are having issues.

That aslide it was tempting with the many solutions and improvements.

Old 02-16-2008, 05:24 PM
many of you may have already seen this (and its not USDM) but its funny enough to post here (it was in another thread recently) enjoy....
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...vs-suzuki.html

Quick Reply: Fit now or wait!!!