General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit now or wait!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 07:47 AM
Fit now or wait!!!

So I went to my local dealer and they will give me an '08 Fit Sport AT for $600 plus my '05 CRV in trade!! I checked out the numbers and it looks like a great deal.

But then I saw the '09 Fit remodel and now I have a tough decison.

1. Trade in my CRV for the '08 Fit now for very little $.
2. Wait for the '09 Fit - That "Skyroof" looks awesome, plus the other improvments.

If I got the '08 Fit and decided to trade it in for the '09 would my '08 Fit trade be worth less in trade than my CRV in trade at that point?

Man, this is a tough one.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:59 AM
5 Year Member
2. Wait for the '09 Fit - That "Skyroof" looks awesome, plus the other improvments.

The Skyroof is not a done deal for the NA Fit. It may or may not become available - we just don't know at this time.

If you traded in a '08 Fit for a '09 Fit, you would take a big hit, which in my guess would be a bigger hit than the CR-V's depreciation.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:29 AM
I'm about to do the same thing so I know what your going through. I tradeing in my 05 crv-se for a fit sport. I like the 09 but to me it's where I can save a few bucks. The 09 will atleast go for a grand if not more with a Skyroof. Plus there not going to more off msrp for atleast a few months.Plus first year bugs need to be worked out a bit. Your trade will be dropping in value. This is why I'm getting a 08. Maybe when they do the 09 refresh in 2012 I'll pick one up. And I'm getting a 08 Fit sport AT with all weather floor matts for 16100.00 before taxes.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by jacksan1

The Skyroof is not a done deal for the NA Fit. It may or may not become available - we just don't know at this time.
That's true, but they would be crazy not to offer it, IMO.

Originally Posted by jacksan1
If you traded in a '08 Fit for a '09 Fit, you would take a big hit, which in my guess would be a bigger hit than the CR-V's depreciation.
Your probably right since cars depreciate most in the first year. Have the Fits been depreciating at a greater rate than other Honda's?

Originally Posted by skittles
I'm about to do the same thing so I know what your going through. I tradeing in my 05 crv-se for a fit sport. I like the 09 but to me it's where I can save a few bucks. The 09 will atleast go for a grand if not more with a Skyroof. Plus there not going to more off msrp for atleast a few months.Plus first year bugs need to be worked out a bit. Your trade will be dropping in value. This is why I'm getting a 08. Maybe when they do the 09 refresh in 2012 I'll pick one up. And I'm getting a 08 Fit sport AT with all weather floor matts for 16100.00 before taxes.
I've got the SE as well. All of what you say makes sense; some good thoughts here. Still a tough call tough.

If the '09 were a diesel then I would definitely wait, but that's probably a few more years down the road.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:56 AM

Exactly why I bought an '08 model. This model has been out for nearly 7 years and would have plenty of time to have the bugs "ironed out". And yeah, the 2nd gen Fit is not guaranteed to have that sky roof option for the NA market. Also too, I like the look of the current Fit better than the next gen. Good luck.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:00 AM
Only thing i wish the 08 had was the color white. Damm you honda.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:04 AM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
Only thing i wish the 08 had was the color white. Damm you honda.

Don't be hatin!!

Old 02-12-2008, 09:06 AM
hahahaha had to rub it in.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
Question Why...

Do you not like your CRV? Given the choice, I'd like to have one, myself.
But we all love our Fits, don't misunderstand me here. It just seems like a CRV would do anything a Fit would do, and with more power. Am I mistaken?
The CRV should be just about paid for, shouldn't it?

Old 02-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by Steeldog
But we all love our Fits, don't misunderstand me here. It just seems like a CRV would do anything a Fit would do, and with more power. Am I mistaken?
Well I got 31 more payments a little shy of 400 a month. I'm downsizeing in my life for my little girl sake to put her in college. If i put a few grand down and everything works out my payments should be around 150 a month plus saying a bit in gas.Trust me I like my CRV but I just need a small car to get me from point A to B.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by Steeldog
Have you ever driven a CRV? Its not the most fun car in the world to drive. I test drove a Fit and it was simply more fun to drive.

My CRV is paid off in full, but a brand new Fit would only cost me another $600!

Old 02-12-2008, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member
dude i would go with the fit... i drove my parents CRV in high school... always found it under powered... not fun to drive at all.... the only reason we have it is to drive in snow and tow our boat 2 times a year... the fit is way more fuel efficient... way more fun to drive, great in the snow, holds a TON of cargo, i would get the Fit now... we don't really know what the '09's will really be like so its a gamble... also in the next year not to sound negative but something could happen to your CRV like a drunk totaling it... then you would be screwed. also i think the '09 looks like a minivan lol

Old 02-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Firebat666
dude i would go with the fit... i drove my parents CRV in high school... always found it under powered... not fun to drive at all.... the only reason we have it is to drive in snow and tow our boat 2 times a year... the fit is way more fuel efficient... way more fun to drive, great in the snow, holds a TON of cargo, i would get the Fit now... we don't really know what the '09's will really be like so its a gamble... also in the next year not to sound negative but something could happen to your CRV like a drunk totaling it... then you would be screwed. also i think the '09 looks like a minivan lol
Thanks for the input - good to hear that the Fit is OK in snow - I was a bit worried about that.

The CRV has plenty of power, but its not so good in the turns, which is where I found the Fit to be way more fun.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:10 PM
5 Year Member
The Skyroof for the JDM Fit sells for approximately $1200 US, give or take a few dollars, depending upon the exchange rate.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Retired Moderator
I would go for the current Fit just based off looks. But overall id say wait for this new Fit coming. I hear its better in every way. Dont hold you breath for the "Sky Roof" Japan always gets stuff we dont get and that might be one of those things. And there's no confirmation its coming out in late 08 and theres word it might not be coming out till 2010 but thats a rumor at this point. Good luck with your decision.
Welcome to FitFreak!

Old 02-12-2008, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
I would go for the current Fit just based off looks.

the current fit is flat-out goofy looking. it's almost as tall as it is long.

i think it will be interesting to see the new one in person, because the current fit looks different in person than in photos.

there's a fit in my future... just dont know which one yet.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
unless you absolutely want a car dont get it. cars are one of the worst
investments you will ever make from a financial standpoint. you waste
so much money when you make a "mistake."

if you absolutely like the current design, get it.

if you think you might like the new design, wait. you'll probably find
new or relatively new used 08's when the 09's are out in the market
anyway, so no sense rushing it.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:33 PM
FIT no wait!!! Fit is GO!!!!.....

Old 02-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
apparently snapfit works for american honda in torrance.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:32 PM
shhhhhhhhh.....
nobody knows...

Quick Reply: Fit now or wait!!!