General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

problems ,need help! vibrating

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 12:41 PM
Unhappy problems ,need help! vibrating

i have 2 problems about my 08 sport fit w/ AT.
First is my shift knob is vibrating ,not like a normal vibrating Everytime when i give gas or accelerate i can felt that vibrating, and so are the pedals. i can not feel the vibrat on my old 98 civic.
Second , i can really feel my fit changing the gears ,even down shift . especially the last downshift when it almost stop , it is really hard.
by the way my car only has 500miles. i don't know are those things normal or just i am too sensitive! is there anybody living around ca alhambra ,can test my car ,please!

Old 02-26-2008, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
if its real bad proll not normal... id get it to the dealer and have it checked.... did it just start doing it or has it done it since you have had it?

Old 02-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Retired Moderator
Yeah take it to the dealer. It doesnt sound like a normal thing. My pedals definetly do not vibrate.

Tyler

Old 02-26-2008, 02:08 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by tristan123
i have 2 problems about my 08 sport fit w/ AT.
First is my shift knob is vibrating ,not like a normal vibrating Everytime when i give gas or accelerate i can felt that vibrating, and so are the pedals. i can not feel the vibrat on my old 98 civic.
Second , i can really feel my fit changing the gears ,even down shift . especially the last downshift when it almost stop , it is really hard.
by the way my car only has 500miles. i don't know are those things normal or just i am too sensitive! is there anybody living around ca alhambra ,can test my car ,please!
My shift knob vibrates abit....had it checked out awhile ago...n da dealer said it was normal. I haven't noticed any change in the car since then and it has resulted in NO more issues. But just to be sure the dealer is always a good option.
IMO I would be careful downshifting in the FIT. The clutch can be shakey at times with an extremely sensitive gas pedal making for a rough transition into this car. With not many afforable clutch upgrades.....it is always easier to throw into N and brake to a stop as brake pads are much cheaper and easier to install!!
I know this doesn't solve your issues but it can help avoid future problems.

tonyd3773

Old 02-26-2008, 02:13 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
i've never ridden in an automatic fit so i don't really know how it should or shouldn't be. but if you feel like the problems are too much to be normal, you should bring it into your dealer like tony and get their opinion.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:35 PM
just so people dont get confused he said his car was an AT

Is it idling rough?(like really low) or is it just all the time
maybe an engine mount....hmmm....

Definately take it into the dealer
and keep us posted on your findings and rectification.

welcome BTW

Old 02-26-2008, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
PCM Upgrade?

I've seen some Fits have torn rubber motor mounts. This might be the issue. You would feel the engine rocking back and forth at every shift points...

Another thing... there have been some PCM upgrades. The pCM regulates the shift points on you automatic tranny...

Either way, this would be covered under warranty.

Please let us know when you find the resolution for reference....

Last edited by bluecivic107; 02-27-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:04 PM
Like other's said you can take it to the dealer.I have a Automatic also and the first 5000 mile's I heard and felt stange thing's in the brake pedal when depressing like a spring noise(was also a problem with my old Lexus IS300,go figure)and every now and then I still feel/hear the noise.And the rough shifting happen's to me when I push on the gas/brake pedal too fast(jerking movement's)and it happen's almost alway's when I let my mom drive it for the day.Just keep an eye out,but I think the problem's will clear up over time.Last if it's cold where you live it could be that.When it's cold here my reverse gear almost break's when I shift into it to back up.I hope you find out the problem and keep us informed.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:29 PM
Smile

A broken engine mount with only 500 miles? I dunno bout dat...please take it to the dealer.

tonyd3773

Old 02-26-2008, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member
for sure back to the dealer and make the service writer go with you to see it.
Sounds like a BALANCE issue to me. Flexplate, eng??

With the car in park, if you rev the eng up does anything vibrate?

Old 02-26-2008, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
never downshift into first. at least, that's what ive always been told

Old 02-26-2008, 09:09 PM
^VERY TRUE!Let the Transmisssion go into first gear the rest are fine. My trans.jerk's harshly if I shift into first above an almost complete stop.Good Luck.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:25 AM
thank you everybody for replying!
It has the problems since i had the car. But that time my mom blamed me too sensetive, so i tried to ignored them. but now, every time i drive the car i fell depress.
someting forget to say 1) when at 1500rpm or below,there are no vibrating or really small. but when it is over 1500rpm ,the vibrating is coming up to the shift knob, kind like from engine through the underpan up to the shift. ( it is not a even vibrating)cause i can feel the pedals vabrat ,too. And sometime ,when i brake, i can feel it is not smooth.
2) my car is AT, when i slow down, i can feel the last down shift is really hard ,like somebody pushing my back!
3)when it is at P, i give it a little gas ,the engine goes to 2000rpm, but it won't go back to 1000 directly. it will stay at around 1500rpm for a second, and then goes back ! i don't know it is just should be that or not. but my old civic doesn't like this!

by the way, today i got a nail in my right rear tire...

Old 02-27-2008, 06:23 AM
5 Year Member
It has the problems since i had the car. But that time my mom blamed me too sensetive, so i tried to ignored them. but now, every time i drive the car i fell depress.
someting forget to say 1) when at 1500rpm or below,there are no vibrating or really small. but when it is over 1500rpm ,the vibrating is coming up to the shift knob, kind like from engine through the underpan up to the shift. ( it is not a even vibrating)cause i can feel the pedals vabrat ,too. And sometime ,when i brake, i can feel it is not smooth.
2) my car is AT, when i slow down, i can feel the last down shift is really hard ,like somebody pushing my back!
3)when it is at P, i give it a little gas ,the engine goes to 2000rpm, but it won't go back to 1000 directly. it will stay at around 1500rpm for a second, and then goes back ! i don't know it is just should be that or not. but my old civic doesn't like this!

Old 02-27-2008, 09:29 AM

I would worry more about taking english lessons then the vibration in your Fit.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:35 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by hiroko12

HaHa...Lol...good one!

Seriously take the kid to the doctor...referring to your FIT!!!

Old 02-27-2008, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
You gots to be a RED NECK!!!

Chill out with that Sh*T... Man has concerns... If you can't resolve it...Leave it...

Now do me favor, suck on your cousins nipples before you start crying.

Old 02-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by pcs0snq
posting this ^^^ again because this is what would be helpful to know.
Are we talking not balanced, broken mount, poor engagement, combustion.....??? We dont know your particular tolerances so we need to know things that are more distinct.

1) still take it to a dealer
2) be a little more specific with when and how the vibrations occure thanks
3) No need to be throwing around unsavory remarks its not needed or called for. thanks!
4) still take it to the dealer (worth repeating )

Old 02-27-2008, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
yep
You have to wonder why questions like that are ignored, when trying to help a owner???? yet they jump all over the head banger comments.

I thought this site had a moderator that can take out the GARBAGE?

Old 02-27-2008, 08:04 PM
Smile

I think the statement made by "hiroko" wasn't meant to offend anyone. A fellow fitfreaker is in need of help and we are ALL doing everything we can to resolve the issue. Great replies have been made well worth listening too!!
I do not think we need to beat a dead horse about the statement made by "hiroko". There are moderators and they do monitor, I'm sure "hiroko" meant NO offense.
Let's stick to the issue at hand and let the moderators handle those issues.....otherwise they will lock the thread and we ALL will be SOL.

peace,
tonyd3773

Quick Reply: problems ,need help! vibrating