General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Hood dampers. I cant find any that fit the fit

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 07:26 AM
Hood dampers. I cant find any that fit the fit

I have been looking to no avail for hood dampers that are for the fit and not cheapie universals or custom jobs. Does anyone have them and or know where to find them? Sorry Mods if this is in the wrong thread but i couldnt figure out where the best place to put it was

Old 02-29-2008, 07:39 AM
5 Year Member
I would also be very interested in finding out.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:51 AM
Here is a thread that has been lingering around lately but no real idea when they are comming out. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gauge-interest-fit-product-group-buy/19297-t1r-hood-damper.html.
This is the closest i have found yet but i want them bad... Besides my LEDs for the engine bay all i need is the dampers to complete it. Atleast for now. hahah

Old 02-29-2008, 09:40 AM
Retired Moderator
Unfortunately Carry Boy has not been replying to AJ's e-mails, so it looks like we might be hooped

Old 02-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by Illusive
Unfortunately Carry Boy has not been replying to AJ's e-mails, so it looks like we might be hooped
Damn that sucks. So for now there is no other company out there? Thanks for the head up Illusive none the less.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:17 AM
someone needs to get with password jdm, they have hood dampers for other honda applications, im sure if you show interest they'll make em?

Old 02-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by hmgFIT
someone needs to get with password jdm, they have hood dampers for other honda applications, im sure if you show interest they'll make em?
Unfortunitly there are lots of companies that make other Honda applications but getting them to make something for the fit takes time with testing and manufacturing. In other words its just gonna take forever for them to be out. Im sure in a year or so there will be some but i dont want to wait that long.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
Unfortunitly there are lots of companies that make other Honda applications but getting them to make something for the fit takes time with testing and manufacturing. In other words its just gonna take forever for them to be out. Im sure in a year or so there will be some but i dont want to wait that long.
i sent them an email we'll see what they say.

btw, i love the highway 40 when entering NC from TN, my god those roads are curvy and nice! have you been down in that area?

Last edited by hmgFIT; 02-29-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:00 AM
i sent them an email we'll see what they say.

btw, i love the highway 40 when entering NC from TN, my god those roads are curvy and nice! have you been down in that area?
Yea i love going through there. I used to take weekend trips to Knoxville just to whip the car around. haha. Tail of the dragon is the best road your gonna find on the east coast though. Heres a link to there site Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap and Cherohala Skyway, Graham Co, NC

Old 02-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Yea i love going through there. I used to take weekend trips to Knoxville just to whip the car around. haha. Tail of the dragon is the best road your gonna find on the east coast though. Heres a link to there site Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap and Cherohala Skyway, Graham Co, NC

my god thats nice!

Last edited by hmgFIT; 02-29-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:41 PM
my god thats nice!
Yea your telling me. I havent done it in my fit yet but i did it in my MK4 VR6 GTI and also in my buddies Mini Cooper. Im gonna wait till i get my suspension finished and rims/tires before i go again. Its a blast. We actually had to stop half way through the run in the Mini cause we cooked the steering fluid. We were really gettin some on that go. When we got home he had to order new tires aswell. We went crazy on that trip. Keep that in mind next time you come into NC. Its worth the detour.

Back on topic. Hood dampers? anyone

Old 03-01-2008, 07:16 AM
5 Year Member
Back on topic. Hood dampers? anyone
Would one of you mind explaining what this is?

Old 03-01-2008, 08:44 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pcs0snq
Would one of you mind explaining what this is?
bascially your prop-up piston like on your hatch. open it and it stays
open, right? those 2 little neumatic (i think) pistons.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:53 AM
5 Year Member
So this is a modification to add struts to the hood to eliminate the need for the hold up rod. Did any Fit/Jazz come with struts from the factory?

Old 03-01-2008, 08:56 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pcs0snq
So this is a modification to add struts to the hood to eliminate the need for the hold up rod. Did any Fit/Jazz come with struts from the factory?
yep. an no, i dont think Fits did. it's extra cost for the manufacturers
so they dont use these as much as before when hoods were so damn
heavy it was backbreaking to open them. lol

Old 03-01-2008, 09:26 AM
5 Year Member
I was just looking at my '08 for OEM looking designed spots for them and don't see anything. There is a boss on the hood but looks to be too far to the rear to work. Drilling that boss with out hitting the other side would be tricky. I had my '99 accord hood open and was seeing how that one looks/works.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:57 AM
I have no official idea how to install the dampers but am a huge freak when it comes to under the hood checking. Every time i fill up i check all my fluids. The dampers will help me out alot and thats why i want them.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Well I think i may have an idea. So Tein really perfected and made the sweetest hood dampers. So we just got some for the RX-8. They were making kinda like a universal app for a while but I think they stopped. You should still be able to buy something close to the EP3 civic hatch. That may work. You could call their customer service or go online at Tein.com. I'm gonna call tom. and get more info. I'll keep you updated.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by MyShoeBox
Well I think i may have an idea. So Tein really perfected and made the sweetest hood dampers. So we just got some for the RX-8. They were making kinda like a universal app for a while but I think they stopped. You should still be able to buy something close to the EP3 civic hatch. That may work. You could call their customer service or go online at Tein.com. I'm gonna call tom. and get more info. I'll keep you updated.
Thanks for the info and yes please keep us updated seeing that im not the only one interested.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Lol, yeah man no prob. Like I said I will call...wait...mon

Quick Reply: Hood dampers. I cant find any that fit the fit