General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

differences between Usdm and Edm Fit/Jazz?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
differences between Usdm and Edm Fit/Jazz?

Hello, as a new and proud fit owner, i was wondering if anyone can enlighten me on the differences between the Usdm Fit and the European one?
I know that you get the 1.5 Vtec engine whilst we only get the 1.3 and 1.4, but are there any differences in bodyparts, lights, suspention etc?
will i be able to buy parts made for the usdm ones for my 2005 jazz?

Also, what size wheels and tires do you recomend, it is going to be lowered on coilover suspention, but how much will i be able to lower the car without it the tires rubbing the wheelarches etc?

All answers will be much appreciated!

Regards,
Frode Olsen
Norway

Old 03-18-2008, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome

Loots of body parts are different such as front and read bumpers and sideskirts, also im pretty sure the headlights are different.

There are threads on wheel sizes and suspension sutups, and whether or not they will rub or not.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
hood, bumper, bumper rebar, fenders, side skirts, rear bumper...... the list goes on. iirc, it'd be more similar to the UK/EURO fit/jazz right?

Old 03-18-2008, 11:15 PM
5 Year Member
Very different. The North American Fit is about six inches longer, due to the heavier front and rear bumper bars. There is a thread on this site that shows the North American bumper bars vs. the rest of the world's. It's pretty significant. So, the bumper covers, hood, front fenders and headlights are all different, along with lots of other parts. Even the guage faces have different colors. The part should all swap out, but I guess it depends on how much money you want to spend.

Here in the U.S. and Canada, many owners have swapped out the right side visor for the JDM one--it has a mirror and business card holder, and ours doesn't. This is my next purchase for mine. A few people have done a full JDM conversion, so they've taken off the North American front and rear ends and put one the ones like yours. Hope that helps.

Welcome to the site, and spend some time. You'll learn so much here.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:19 AM
Retired Moderator
I belive you guys have a "Better" interior aswell, with more tech features and such. That, aswell as the body parts as mentioned.

Tyler

Old 03-19-2008, 07:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kolbotn
Hello, as a new and proud fit owner, i was wondering if anyone can enlighten me on the differences between the Usdm Fit and the European one?
I know that you get the 1.5 Vtec engine whilst we only get the 1.3 and 1.4, but are there any differences in bodyparts, lights, suspention etc?
will i be able to buy parts made for the usdm ones for my 2005 jazz?

Also, what size wheels and tires do you recomend, it is going to be lowered on coilover suspention, but how much will i be able to lower the car without it the tires rubbing the wheelarches etc?

All answers will be much appreciated!

Regards,
Frode Olsen
Norway
Hei og velkommen hit
Største forskjellen mellom USDM Fit og den Norske (Europeiske) Jazz'en er vel at Fit kommer med 1.5L VTEC motor og de har en litt større front og bakfanger på grunn av noen sikkerhetsbestemmelser i USA. CVT er ingen option i USA, kun Automat eller Manuell.
Og de har litt annet interiør. Blant annet har de ikke elektronisk AC. Og vi har noen litt mer praktiske hyller.

Jeg tror lys og støtdempere og annen styling deler er det samme. For å se etter deler kan du også bruke deler fra de Japanske modellene. Har funnet lite Norske steder som selger styling til Honda Jazz, men BS Bildeler er den beste jeg har funnet til nå.

Går å leiter etter dekk og nye felger selv. Tenker på 16x7 eller 17x7 felger. Sorte med polert kant.

Kom med bilder av din Jazz. Vi liker bilder her på forumet

Translation:
Hello and welcome here
The largest diffrence between USDM Fit and the Norwegian (European) Jazz is that Fit comes with a 1.5L VTEC enging and they have a little larger front and rear bumper because of some safetyregulations in the US. CVT is no option in the US, only AT or MT.
And they have a little diffrent interior. Among others they dont have electronic AC. And we have some more practical shelfs.

I think lights and suspension and other styling parts is the same. To look for parts you can also use the parts from the Japanese models. I have found few Norwegian sites that sell styling parts for Honda Jazz, but BS Bildeler is the best I have found until now.

I'm looking for new tires and wheels myself. Thinking of 16x7 or 17x7 wheels. Black with polished edge.

Put out some pictures of your Jazz. We love pictures on this forumn

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
Tromsø, Norway

Old 03-19-2008, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
Thank you guys for the warm welcoming
I appreciate all answers!
I'll do some searching and get to know the forum,
And i'll put up some pictures as soon as i get the car