General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Just picked up my new Fit!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 01:35 AM
5 Year Member
Just picked up my new Fit!

Just picked up my new Fit Sport Automatic!!....well, my wife's new fit.
The color really pops out on cloudy gray days like this below.

Got it for $16,200 which I think was a pretty good deal. ( Is there a thread of what people paid for their cars & accessories to compare? )

This site has been awesome at providing answers to just about anything I wanted to know!!

We "downgraded" big time ( please no bashing for my saying the DG word! ), in the gadget/accessory/plushness categories from her Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited but we still love the Fit so far ( 3 whole days ) and I'm hoping this will be a big "upgrade" though in the MPG and "no more stupid expensive crap breaking" categories! I'm counting on Honda quality rep even on their cheaper cars like this.

This car looks cool, is a blast to drive and still has tons of storage w/ those seats folded down...Now if only I can figure out how to fold them in that straight up position??

Today the wife just narrowly missed a chance to test the side /curtain airbags as she was literaly inches away from getting T-bones by some dumb woman on a cell phone who blew a red light while gabbing away!

We're going to do a few things to it:
Body paint matched the dash swoosh, door window button trims ( That's all she'd let me do ). Had to pay extra to get the dealer to paint it b/c for whatever reason no one sells them done up in the orange. But only $50 bucks extra including installing them, not bad IMO.

Going to do leather seats w/ orange inserts/ dark grey outers & seat heaters. ( Any threads w/ pics of other's interior apolstery changes? )

Adding auto-starter b/c she does not like to get into a cold car in the winter

Adding tint b/c it looks cool w/ the orange color + with all those windows that car could become an oven in the Summer I'd imagine!

Adding trailer hitch for hitch bike rack. ( Note, I read that towing can void the warranty, so if you add one, just make sure to take it off before going back to the dealer for any work! )

I wanted to get some comp grey wheels but she did not want to drop any more $$ on it.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:19 AM
5 Year Member
Sweet Fit. There is a thread or two on here of someone doing leather, it looks pretty good.

Don't feel bad using the DG word, my sister was looking for a new vehicle when she had her second kid. She had a Yukon when she had my nephew...a freaking Yukon! I tried to tell her that a Fit would work, her reason against it was that she claimed she couldn't fit the two kids and a "pack'n'Play and other kid related items.

Funny story (sorry if this is getting long), I picked up a 6 chair dining room set, with table, from her. She had it in storage and it took 6 trips with her Yukon. My friend with a short bed dodge pick up and my Fit took all 6 chairs, the table, a cuisenart, another table, and an old rocking chair in one trip. I had six chairs (including the rocking chair) and the leaves of the table in my fit alone. Yes I think I still have pics.

Tiny, efficient, machine...the fit is go!

You wouldn't be looking to adopt a 29 yro artist/designer with a Milano Red Fit? would you?

Old 03-30-2008, 04:29 AM
Good to see another St. Louis area Fit on here. I was starting to think i was the only one. What dealer did you get yours from?

Old 03-30-2008, 04:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NB68
Just picked up my new Fit Sport Automatic!!....well, my wife's new fit.
The color really pops out on cloudy gray days like this below.

Got it for $16,200 which I think was a pretty good deal. ( Is there a thread of what people paid for their cars & accessories to compare? )

This site has been awesome at providing answers to just about anything I wanted to know!!

We "downgraded" big time ( please no bashing for my saying the DG word! ), in the gadget/accessory/plushness categories from her Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited but we still love the Fit so far ( 3 whole days ) and I'm hoping this will be a big "upgrade" though in the MPG and "no more stupid expensive crap breaking" categories! I'm counting on Honda quality rep even on their cheaper cars like this.

This car looks cool, is a blast to drive and still has tons of storage w/ those seats folded down...Now if only I can figure out how to fold them in that straight up position??

Today the wife just narrowly missed a chance to test the side /curtain airbags as she was literaly inches away from getting T-bones by some dumb woman on a cell phone who blew a red light while gabbing away!

We're going to do a few things to it:
Body paint matched the dash swoosh, door window button trims ( That's all she'd let me do ). Had to pay extra to get the dealer to paint it b/c for whatever reason no one sells them done up in the orange. But only $50 bucks extra including installing them, not bad IMO.

Going to do leather seats w/ orange inserts/ dark grey outers & seat heaters. ( Any threads w/ pics of other's interior apolstery changes? )

Adding auto-starter b/c she does not like to get into a cold car in the winter

Adding tint b/c it looks cool w/ the orange color + with all those windows that car could become an oven in the Summer I'd imagine!

Adding trailer hitch for hitch bike rack. ( Note, I read that towing can void the warranty, so if you add one, just make sure to take it off before going back to the dealer for any work! )

I wanted to get some comp grey wheels but she did not want to drop any more $$ on it.
Let me get this out of the way, DAMN NICE HOUSE , and welcome to the forums.

There is a thread of someone with leather seat, and the auto-starter? I don't think anyone did that before (I could be wrong), so you maybe the first to attempt it so good luck.

Once again welcome to Fitfreak.net

Last edited by Slimjimx701x; 03-30-2008 at 04:38 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:17 AM
5 Year Member
Welcome to FitFreak!

I dig the BOM, +orange on orange is a aesthetic setup. just no orange wheels plz :33

I paid about 16.5 out the door for mine with TTL, so I'd say you got a good deal.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member
Thnx for the welcomes.
For the other STL guy, I bought mine at Frank Leta Honda in O'fallon/St. Charles.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:52 AM
Thnx for the welcomes.
For the other STL guy, I bought mine at Frank Leta Honda in O'fallon/St. Charles.
Did they try to tack on any extras that they refused to take off?

Old 03-31-2008, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
Nope, no extras tacked on. No real problems at all.
Actually just the opposite. We wanted some of the stuff like floor mats, rear matt applique and some trim but decided they were too expensive there. We were going to get them on-line and install ourselves and they said they'd match the price and do the install too.
Good experience w/ Leta thus far, plus they do the 3 free oil changes and free car washes for life thing.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:01 AM
Retired Moderator
Congrtaz on the new ride man, looks sweet!
Welcome to FitFreak!

Tyler

Old 03-31-2008, 05:02 PM
Banned
Legit! I was really close in buying an orange one...love the color!

Old 03-31-2008, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
To put the seats in tall mode just pull up on the seat bottom, then push it up as far as it can go into the seat back and push down on the bar to lock it in place. Pull the bar out to unlock them.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
Congrats and welcome aboard!

Old 05-09-2008, 11:47 PM
Nope, no extras tacked on. No real problems at all.
Actually just the opposite. We wanted some of the stuff like floor mats, rear matt applique and some trim but decided they were too expensive there. We were going to get them on-line and install ourselves and they said they'd match the price and do the install too.
Good experience w/ Leta thus far, plus they do the 3 free oil changes and free car washes for life thing.
Just bought mine yesterday at Frank Leta, but my sales consultant told me only the first oil change is free. He did say free washes whenever I wanted, but I won't let anyone touch my paint. I wouldn't even let 'em wash it to deliver it to me.

Old 05-10-2008, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member
They do a hand wash but the whole lifetime wash thing is a bit of a joke I found out b/c they do not have people waiting to do it. You basically show up whenever and they get to it when they can between other mech jobs so you sit there for a while I'm told and wait for someone to be available. Who has time for that?

Old 05-10-2008, 04:44 PM
They do a hand wash but the whole lifetime wash thing is a bit of a joke I found out b/c they do not have people waiting to do it. You basically show up whenever and they get to it when they can between other mech jobs so you sit there for a while I'm told and wait for someone to be available. Who has time for that?
I could tell they hand wash which is why I won't let them touch my paint. They obviously don't know how to properly hand wash a car. My new Fit has fine scratches and swirls all over the place. I'd buff all the blemishes out, but due to the dent in my A-pillar they are gonna have to re-paint. Between the horrible paint and the upcoming bondo and re-paint, I'm not at all happy with my first Honda experience.

Old 05-10-2008, 04:47 PM
FREAKING NICE HOUSE AND HONDA FIT!

Just tint it, drop it, and slap some nice JDM rims on there ASAP!