General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

New Storm Silver owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 01:31 AM
New Storm Silver owner

Hello everyone! My wife and I just picked up our new 2008 Fit Sport in Storm Silver last night at a local dealership in the Phoenix area.

After some work over e-mail with the salesmen in several local dealerships' fleet/internet departments I was able to get a commitment for a price of $15,671 for a manual transmission Sport with tinted windows (a must in the desert), including destination (Apparently invoice is $15,502 including destination and a 1% HDAG, whatever that is). The only dealer add-on that we had to pay for was the already-installed wheel locks at an obviously over-inflated price of $120. With that being said, the whole process went relatively easy. All the hassle of fighting over price was done through e-mails and all we had to do was walk in with our quoted price and finish the paperwork. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:18 AM
I cant say i have ever bought a car over email before. I have bought 2 cars over the phone though and that seemed to work out pretty easy or atleast for me. For my GTI i bought it over the phone without even seeing it and they even drove an hour to bring the car and the paperwork to me. haha. Congrats on your new ride and it sounds like you got a pretty good deal.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
congrats on the ride! you got a good deal (except on the wheel locks) but oh well! over all you did good!

Old 04-02-2008, 03:30 AM
5 Year Member
Congrats on the buy. Welcome to Fitfreak!

glad to see another person from this horrid desert.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:29 AM
5 Year Member
never heard of someone buying over email. but congrats on the new purchase.

welcome to fitfreak.net

Old 04-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Welcome to the Fit Family - post some pictures of your car when you can. Any mods in the works?

Cat :x

Old 04-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Cat
Any mods in the works?
Yup, well . . . . I guess you can call it a 'mod'. I've ordered a ScanGauge II to add to the car. Other than that, nothing in the immediate future. I'm coming from a car that was heavily modified (fox Mustang 5.0) so I'm sure there will be some mods some time in the future, since I can't leave things well enough alone. I'm really impressed with the fuel efficiency so far. I've got a little over a 100 miles on it now and the fuel gauge hasn't even hit the 3/4 mark. I know you can't really tell the fuel mileage from just going off of the fuel gauge, but if I can get 350 miles out of it before the first fill up I'll be happy, which shouldn't be a problem if the gauge moves pretty linear as the tank depletes.

It was the first time I've done the 'internet buying' experience, but I thought it was great because I took care of all of the haggling over price through e-mail over the course of a couple of days, on my time. Then I just went down to the dealership with my quoted price in hand and finalized the deal. I also bought on the last day of the month, so they were eager to make the deal. I suggest anybody interested in a car to wait to the end of the month to purchase. Dealerships are so eager to make their total sales for the month look good that they will make a lot of deals that they normally wouldn't just to get it on the record for the month.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Retired Moderator
Awesome man! Congratz on the new ride!

Tyler

Old 04-02-2008, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Arizona Notch
Yup, well . . . . I guess you can call it a 'mod'. I've ordered a ScanGauge II to add to the car. Other than that, nothing in the immediate future. I'm coming from a car that was heavily modified (fox Mustang 5.0) so I'm sure there will be some mods some time in the future, since I can't leave things well enough alone. I'm really impressed with the fuel efficiency so far. I've got a little over a 100 miles on it now and the fuel gauge hasn't even hit the 3/4 mark. I know you can't really tell the fuel mileage from just going off of the fuel gauge, but if I can get 350 miles out of it before the first fill up I'll be happy, which shouldn't be a problem if the gauge moves pretty linear as the tank depletes.

It was the first time I've done the 'internet buying' experience, but I thought it was great because I took care of all of the haggling over price through e-mail over the course of a couple of days, on my time. Then I just went down to the dealership with my quoted price in hand and finalized the deal. I also bought on the last day of the month, so they were eager to make the deal. I suggest anybody interested in a car to wait to the end of the month to purchase. Dealerships are so eager to make their total sales for the month look good that they will make a lot of deals that they normally wouldn't just to get it on the record for the month.

congrats on the buy, and wow coming from a pony to a fit?(honda)