General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

In the market for an 08 Auto Black Honda Fit Sport !

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 04:28 AM
acf
In the market for an 08 Auto Black Honda Fit Sport !

Hey everyone! I've been trolling for a little while, this is my first post

So... what's the best price these days? I know that invoice is around $16,100. With little effort, I've talked to a couple dealerships that will do $15,700. You think it's possible for $15k flat?

All things considered with the new 09 model coming out in a few short months...

Old 04-08-2008, 04:50 AM
5 Year Member
really depends on what the dealer paid, and what they are paying now in lot fees. +finding a reasonable salesman +your financial history +dealercrap added on +their amount of fit's sold regularly and the number of them restocked

TTL is a big add on, depending on your state.
I havent heard of 15k flat, but i've heard much better than what I paid.(16.5 out the door)

id compare dealers, find the best model with the least test drive miles, and proceed to put your dukes up.

i gave a good fight, almost made THEM walk, and left with an amazing deal (alarm,mats,tint,gap,ionized,and then lowered the final price in financing)

but i wouldn't rely too much on the new fits coming up, it will help, but fits still sell like hot cakes; some states still have to special order them for customers.

Good Luck, and Welcome to FitFreak!

Old 04-08-2008, 05:02 AM
5 Year Member
Good luck on getting 15K flat for an Auto Sport. I bought my Silver AT from Fladeboe Honda in Irvine 2 days ago for $16,122. Riverside Honda had only Black, Vivid Blue, and Orange in stock for $15,822, which is one of the best prices I've seen for an AT. Didn't go with them because they didn't have Silver and said hey would charge extra to get one... Add TT&L of course.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Retired Moderator
Anything below MSRP in California is a good price! 15,700$ is a steal. 15 flat i dont think will happen. Good luck though.
Welcome to FitFreak!

Tyler

Old 04-08-2008, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
you guys that were able to talk the dealers down are freakin' lucky.

back in january '07 when i got mine NO dealers were negotiating. you took their price and that was it, hence my $16,565 before taxes, etc.

anyways, good luck to you and welcome to fitfreak!

Old 04-08-2008, 03:16 PM
acf
First of all, thanks for the warm welcome. Looking foward to being a part of the forums.

F033X: When I said 15 flat, I meant before TTL. If that's the case, $16,500 OTD is actually pretty close to what im looking for.

Super Mario, yeah Riverside Honda is openly selling them for $15,822, a couple other dealerships ive called said they can beat that price by a couple hundred dollars. Still not at the magic 15k before TTL though.

Im guessing as we creep closer to the 09 model, prices will get a lot more flexible. Not sure I can wait that long though!

Old 04-09-2008, 02:25 AM
Banned
I got my manual sport for 15200 a few weeks ago, with wheel locks and some door guard thing.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:32 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
you wont get 15k anywhere.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:36 AM
Talking

Got my Silver AT Sport in February, paid 16,500 with tax and all the interior crap they added 18,000 then extended warranty was 1,400, my fit was a grand total of around $20,000....but i think it was worth it because I couldnt find this color in AT Sport any where here in SD!

Old 04-09-2008, 03:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by copilot18
Got my Silver AT Sport in February, paid 16,500 with tax and all the interior crap they added 18,000 then extended warranty was 1,400, my fit was a grand total of around $20,000....but i think it was worth it because I couldnt find this color in AT Sport any where here in SD!
Which extended warranty did you get? Mine was $800 and I thought that was high. 6/100,000 miles. Did you buy in SD or did you have to drive north like I did?

Old 04-09-2008, 03:24 AM
acf
Thanks for the response everyone. This is all very interesting to hear.

JDMChris, you very well may be right. For me it's not so much about the money, it's just the fact that in a few short months, subjective looks aside, a much better version of the fit is coming out. It would probably be a better decision for me to wait... unless I can find that unicorn of a deal. Especially since im not dying for a car at the moment!

Thanks, I'll keep looking! I'm sure the perfect one will come my way soon enough.

Last edited by acf; 04-09-2008 at 03:29 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:35 AM
15k cash

if your dealing with straight up cash dealers are alot more willing to bend prices. and since the fit is no longer new they are willing to deal. try it

Old 04-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Super Mario
Which extended warranty did you get? Mine was $800 and I thought that was high. 6/100,000 miles. Did you buy in SD or did you have to drive north like I did?

WOW, ya I got mine From Hoehn Honda up in carlsbad, how in the world did u get that!!! mine is 5 years 60,000 miles....SHIT!!!!

Old 04-10-2008, 06:44 AM
5 Year Member
Once the 09 are close, they will deal.
5 weeks ago I picked up a new 2007 MT Sport that was still on the lot, and got a good deal...$3500 on Discover card (1% cash back ) and took a personal check for the balance... so a cash deal. They had 5 silver MT cars, and in NJ no one wanted a manual. They told me they were selling the AT as fast as they could get them, but the manuals were sitting there. Yesterday I was back at the dealer, and the other 4 silver MT are all still there after 5 weeks. One is used 2007, the other 3 new 08s. 16,100k out the door w/ wheel locks including $300 DMV fee, 7% sales tax, $275 paperwork fee that I couldn't get them to move on, and all the other crap they stuff in. They backed it out to a $14,095 before any of the other numbers, but then gave me $77.50 back because they hit me for a $20 finance fee on a cash deal, over charged 12.50 on the DMV registration, and charged me 2008 delivery fee when the 2007 was $40 less (they told me about the first 2 mistakes, and I found the last one after delivery).

2008 are only a couple hundred more than the 2007, so once the 2009 show up, I expect slightly higher but similar deals, at least in NJ on MT cars. VIP Honda was the dealer, and it was a pretty easy deal. If I hadn't wasted my time trying to get a number on a potential trade in, it would have been a 30 minutes exercise.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:14 PM
acf
Thank you this helps a lot. I'm still deciding if I should go with an 08 or wait for the 09. The extra hp and torque the 09 model provides isnt a huge jump, but I think for such a light car it would make quite a difference. The new interior does look much improved as well, although there's something about the 08 exterior design that I really love. The 09's long nose bothers me.

I guess that leads me to another question. Wait for the new "better" car, or stick with the (possibly) better looking but lesser 08...

Originally Posted by dacollier1
Once the 09 are close, they will deal.
5 weeks ago I picked up a new 2007 MT Sport that was still on the lot, and got a good deal...$3500 on Discover card (1% cash back ) and took a personal check for the balance... so a cash deal. They had 5 silver MT cars, and in NJ no one wanted a manual. They told me they were selling the AT as fast as they could get them, but the manuals were sitting there. Yesterday I was back at the dealer, and the other 4 silver MT are all still there after 5 weeks. One is used 2007, the other 3 new 08s. 16,100k out the door w/ wheel locks including $300 DMV fee, 7% sales tax, $275 paperwork fee that I couldn't get them to move on, and all the other crap they stuff in. They backed it out to a $14,095 before any of the other numbers, but then gave me $77.50 back because they hit me for a $20 finance fee on a cash deal, over charged 12.50 on the DMV registration, and charged me 2008 delivery fee when the 2007 was $40 less (they told me about the first 2 mistakes, and I found the last one after delivery).

2008 are only a couple hundred more than the 2007, so once the 2009 show up, I expect slightly higher but similar deals, at least in NJ on MT cars. VIP Honda was the dealer, and it was a pretty easy deal. If I hadn't wasted my time trying to get a number on a potential trade in, it would have been a 30 minutes exercise.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:51 AM
5 Year Member
To me, the first generation introduced to the US market is always the purest form of the car (almost any non-us based car manufacturer since the early 60's to current).
After that, the manufacturers react to the US masses and typiccally tone down the car to have a cushier rider at the sacrifice of handling, they often add content/std equip that pushes up the weight, the price, and the repair complexity, and sometimes pushes down the MPG, and then I slowly start to lose interest as the car gets bigger. However, if you are among the majority of the US population and want it to be a bit bigger than earlier versions, and want the additonal std equip that always seems to come with new models (if there is any in the new Fit) then the minor sacrifices to handling and weight, and maybe real world MPG, then it's probably worth waiting. Most people will probably like the new one more than the old one, but I'm generally not one of them. I've owned first generations of all of the following cars, and owned or driven 2nd gen as well (except the Audi & Fit), and always prefered the first gen (so far).
My first generation or Series 1 cars over the years: Jag XKE, MGB, Mini (classic and new BMW), Triumph TR6, Civic Si, CRX Si, Audi 5000 turbo Quattro, BMW M3, and now Fit.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:15 AM
acf
That's what some say regarding the s2000.

Originally Posted by dacollier1
To me, the first generation introduced to the US market is always the purest form of the car (almost any non-us based car manufacturer since the early 60's to current).
After that, the manufacturers react to the US masses and typiccally tone down the car to have a cushier rider at the sacrifice of handling, they often add content/std equip that pushes up the weight, the price, and the repair complexity, and sometimes pushes down the MPG, and then I slowly start to lose interest as the car gets bigger. However, if you are among the majority of the US population and want it to be a bit bigger than earlier versions, and want the additonal std equip that always seems to come with new models (if there is any in the new Fit) then the minor sacrifices to handling and weight, and maybe real world MPG, then it's probably worth waiting. Most people will probably like the new one more than the old one, but I'm generally not one of them. I've owned first generations of all of the following cars, and owned or driven 2nd gen as well (except the Audi & Fit), and always prefered the first gen (so far).
My first generation or Series 1 cars over the years: Jag XKE, MGB, Mini (classic and new BMW), Triumph TR6, Civic Si, CRX Si, Audi 5000 turbo Quattro, BMW M3, and now Fit.