General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

its official...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by dasteph
I spoke with a local Ohio Honda dealer and they confirmed the news--said they've already gotten ORDERS for the car before the announcement!
did they mention what month it might be in??

Old 09-06-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by mav
Yeah well the Fit is no S2000, far from it. The dealers would be INSANE to mark up a bargain-based economy car because it would turn off the target customer base.

I would buy a $12K Fit to use as my daily driver but I wouldn't buy a $12K plus $5K markup Fit.
do you think they'll have a mark up on this car??

Old 10-02-2005, 03:32 PM
Thumbs up

The dealer I spoke to said most dealers he's spoken to understand that the car is not meant to be marked up--it's to get entry level folks back to Honda--and they know they can't compete by charging what Toyota does for a Scion Xa

Old 10-03-2005, 11:28 AM
mileage

Originally Posted by thaseint
I agree. Currently I'm driving a '02 Civic Si and I'm looking for something that gets better MPG. Like you I'm hoping for 40+ mpg; but I'm pretty sure that Honda will go with something comparable to the Scion xA/xB, meaning mid-low 30's.
I hope you are wrong about that. I suppose it depends on which "base" Honda is trying to cover with this car. Why would a Scion xA get so much worse mileage than an echo? Axle ratio or something I suppose.

Since this car isn't coming as a seperate brand like Scion, I think it is more important that it emphasizes economy so that it can compete with the Yaris.

It had better beat the new civic in mileage. Seems like it should also get mileage at least as good as the current version, which is better than "mid-low 30's".

Last edited by lostJR; 10-03-2005 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:38 AM
Dohc

Originally Posted by milkylog
Whatever motor will be dropped into the US FIT, I bet it will be SOHC. It doesn't look like a DOHC motor can "fit" in the FIT?
I was going over old press releases on this site and found this. Not a Honda source, but FYI:

"Michael Robinet, vice president for global forecast services at CSM Worldwide in Farmington Hills, Mich., said the U.S. Fit will arrive early in 2006 as a 2007 model. He said it will be powered by a 1.5-liter engine equipped with dual overhead camshafts and direct fuel injection."

Old 10-03-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by lostJR
I was going over old press releases on this site and found this. Not a Honda source, but FYI:

"Michael Robinet, vice president for global forecast services at CSM Worldwide in Farmington Hills, Mich., said the U.S. Fit will arrive early in 2006 as a 2007 model. He said it will be powered by a 1.5-liter engine equipped with dual overhead camshafts and direct fuel injection."
So that would mean 1.5 i-DSI for sure? I would be happy with that engine but can they really market a car in the US where the HP on the spec sheet doesn't have 3 digits? Or maybe they will bump it up to an even 100.

Old 10-04-2005, 04:26 PM
a place is big doesn't mean it doesn't have traffic. the traffic is BAD in CA

Old 10-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Question New dealer specualtion

Ok -
Now the salesman at my larger area Honda dealer (Crown) says the U.S. is not getting the 5 door, but the "aria?" version of fit.
This may add credence to the original press release from Honda saying that North America was getting a variance of the current Fit.

Old 10-21-2005, 03:20 PM
if they brought of the fit aria which is the 4 door sedan. then i probably wouldn't buy it because it's fugly and reminds me of the echo. i disliked those cars with them freaky center mounted consoles. arrrgh.......so they better bring the 5 door hatch to the states. :P

Old 10-21-2005, 03:36 PM
The aria is ugly and comes in AWD. Honda needs an affordable car here in North America. AWD will not make it affordable. We need what the civic used to be, 5 speed and low price. A basic car. I'm 99% sure we will get the 3 and 5 door Fit. There might be a few changes for our market, but nothing major.

Old 10-21-2005, 03:38 PM
I think there is like a 5% chance Honda will bring the Aria/City version of the Fit to the US. Honda no longer sells a Civic Hatchback and the Fit is supposed to fill that market, plus you can put a lot more stuff in a hatchback than a sedan. Really no point for a small sedan, you would loose the magic seat funtionality. Plus we saw how poorly the Toyota Echo 4dr sold! That is why they are replacing it with the Yaris 4dr hatchback

Just my $.02.

Old 10-21-2005, 05:13 PM
I too am looking forward to buying a Fit, but damnit, Honda had better not screw it up by

1. making it a sedan which is one reason I'm totally not interested in the Civic(the other is the fugly dash in the new civic and the outragious cost of insuring a civic which is twice the cost of insuring my Element

2. putting in an oversized engine that gets crappy fuel economy. I don't want a race car, I want an economical commuter car.

3. Loading it up with extras and options I have no use for and thus jacking the price up.

4. Lastly I hope lots of old people buy so the insurance rates will be low, unlike the Civic!

Old 10-21-2005, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
Exclamation From that leaked picture taken at a USA Honda dealer's convention...

...We're not getting the Fit Aria sedan first.

If you look at THIS picture from another FitFreak.net forum message thread, note that the car shown at a recent private conference for USA Honda dealers is the five-door hatchback, not the Fit Aria sedan.

Besides, the Thailand assembly that builds the Fit Aria sedan is totally swamped with orders for customers in eastern Asia, so you can forget about any output from that factory going to the USA anytime soon.

Finally, note the success of the Kia Rio hatchback, Chevrolet Aveo hatchback, and the Scion xA and xB hatchbacks; Honda knows this and will offer the Fit five-door hatchback first before offering the Fit Aria sedan, probably early in calendar year 2007.

Old 10-22-2005, 12:28 PM
The new Yaris has the light behind the front tire. I like those, looks nice. Too bad ours will be deleated, or so it looks that way.

Damn, is honda gunna get smoked here in Canada with the new Yaris on dealer lots right now. I'm tempted to buy a Yaris Today. But I'll wait till the fit is here....or i'll try too.

Old 10-23-2005, 02:16 AM
Originally Posted by MtViewGuy188
Remember what Honda CEO Takeo Fukui said at the mid-year summary report release: the first US-market Honda Fits will be sourced directly from Japan in Spring 2006. Given the strong rumors Honda will introduce the second-generation Honda Fit in May 2006 for the Japanese domestic market, I personally think Americans will get the second-generation Fit model.

I've heard rumors that the the R-series engine block used on the 8th-generation Civic due Fall 2006 will fit (pun not intended) in this new model, so don't be surprised that the US-market car will use a smaller-displacement R-series engine (probably rated at 120 bhp SAE certified).

120 is good enough for little car like this

Old 10-23-2005, 07:17 AM
Fit vs. Yaris

Originally Posted by Daņiel
Damn, is honda gunna get smoked here in Canada with the new Yaris on dealer lots right now. I'm tempted to buy a Yaris Today. But I'll wait till the fit is here....or i'll try too.
I've looked at the yaris. It is not bad, but I think the Fit is going to have way more room. I think the room in the Fit will me more like what you have in a Scion xB, (not that we have those in Canada). People who want a small, nippy car and don't have to haul much might go for the yaris, but if you want to carry a bike or fit a child seat and a stroller (etc.), I think the Fit is going to be much better for that.

Old 10-23-2005, 07:53 AM
Fit space

I think it is so cute what honda is doing with dogs on the JDM website (also like the WOW) and I don't even have a dog.

Anyway, this will give you an idea of how much space this thing has:

http://www.honda.co.jp/dog/honda-car.../fit-p-004.jpg

Old 10-24-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by lostJR
I've looked at the yaris. It is not bad, but I think the Fit is going to have way more room. I think the room in the Fit will me more like what you have in a Scion xB, (not that we have those in Canada). People who want a small, nippy car and don't have to haul much might go for the yaris, but if you want to carry a bike or fit a child seat and a stroller (etc.), I think the Fit is going to be much better for that.

Yes, I was looking at the Yaris again today and noticed that when you fold the rear seat down, it's not flat. I'm thinking the Fit with it's "Magic" seats will fold down lower and flat giving more room. I'm wanting to be able to put my Honda Jazz scooter in the rear of the fit. That would be so damn cool, Honda in a Honda.

Old 10-25-2005, 02:31 PM
Re: this will give you an idea of how much space this thing has:
http://www.honda.co.jp/dog/honda-ca...e/fit-p-004.jpg [img]skynetimages/buttons/quote.gif[/img]

Cute pic and the measurements allowed me to compare the roominess with my '96 Golf hatchback. The Golf is almost the same size, give or take an inch here or there. Maybe I'll just keep it for a few more years - it gets good mileage and is still lots of fun to drive.

Old 10-25-2005, 03:09 PM
Damn, my Honda Jazz scooter won't fit in the back. I need 41" of height, the Fit only offers 36". If I remove the front tire off it might be doable.

Quick Reply: its official...