General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.
View Poll Results: Which rims would you rather have on your Jazz?
Spoon Sports SW388
16.88%
Advan RG
7.79%
BuddyClub P1 QF
11.69%
Mugen MF10L
19.48%
Volk Racing TE37
19.48%
Work Emotion CR Kai
22.08%
OEM Honda 15" Alu VTi-S Rims
2.60%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Which rims look the best on the Jazz?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 09:12 AM
milkylog
In that picture, is your Jazz in a showroom or your personal garage?

Old 08-02-2005, 09:21 AM
^yo, awesome looking car, man...

how much those wheel costs in surabaya? are they replica of something?

also, is ur Fit the new VTEC edition?

oh....also, those cops don't stop you guys with that kind of license plate in surabaya? haha, i made a plastic plate for my kijang...apparently, the damn cop stopped my driver during their stupid operation...

Old 08-02-2005, 09:33 AM
I know taste goes is various directions, but 17" on a Jazz.. Thats just wrong To each his own, I know - but if you look at it from a technical point of view - putting such large and heavy rims on it won't only kill the performance of the engine, but it will also demolish the handling of the car. Another concern is the extra tension in the drivetrain caused by unsprung weight.

Old 08-02-2005, 09:59 AM
mav
However 15" wheels are too small. I guess 16" would be a good compromise b/w form and function.

Old 08-04-2005, 05:13 AM
mugen mf10l

of the choices availabe,id go for the mugen mf10,
but my personal favorite is

Last edited by rhommel19250402; 08-05-2005 at 12:15 AM.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:38 AM
Thats a joke right?

Old 08-04-2005, 08:02 AM
mav
Thats great if you're going for the ghetto fabulous look.

Old 08-04-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by rhommel19250402
id go for the mugen mf10,

Not my cup of tea, but to each their own.

Old 08-04-2005, 09:15 AM
milkylog
thats a bit too much bling....

Old 08-05-2005, 12:12 AM
a real bling bling

im not a racer im a lover, for chick car purposes

Last edited by rhommel19250402; 08-05-2005 at 12:13 AM. Reason: img
Old 08-05-2005, 07:52 PM
MYx
Originally Posted by strepto
I know taste goes is various directions, but 17" on a Jazz.. Thats just wrong To each his own, I know - but if you look at it from a technical point of view - putting such large and heavy rims on it won't only kill the performance of the engine, but it will also demolish the handling of the car. Another concern is the extra tension in the drivetrain caused by unsprung weight.
My gf and I picked the Jazz for basic daily driving... in style. If I wanted a race car I'd build one for that purpose and take it to the track.

Drive a CVT equipped Jazz on 17s first and tell us if putting 17s on it will "kill the performance of the engine, but it will also demolish the handling of the car". As far as I know, there aren't any Jazzes sold in the US yet to make that comment credible. Sure, technically on paper it should be just like what you said. But again we don't ride on paper... we drive the real car.

I've driven our Jazz to almost 18,000 kilometers over some of the worst roads (by your and even our standards) in the world. In stop and go traffic, up mountains, over uneven concrete surfaces, over ruts and potholes, huge-ass speedbumps, ramps, sidewalk gutters... name it, we have it here. And in the last 17,000 kilometers, the bushings are still intact, all the dustboots, tierods, and balljoints are in excellent running order. And I even use one of the heavier 17" wheels available in our market. You know what, I don't regret it. Precisely because it's heavy and solid, I've been lucky enough to experience wheel shattering moments and walk away from it without damage to my tire nor my wheels. Tell us if those very expensive lightweight 17" wheels many are yearning for can go over a 4" high by 5" wide stone at 60kph and drive away after? Or go over an almost 2" gap of concrete at 60kph and still drive back home 300kilometers away down a mountain? Over here in Manila, we destroy 16" Spoon rims for breakfast... and that's not even racing... just normal everyday driving. I know the shortcomings of my set-up... and if anyone bothered to ask, I'd readilly tell them. That I can back with real-time drivng experience.

So my suggestion is, drive one first and then tell the posters and visitors here how it goes and then give us an honest to goodness review.

Old 08-05-2005, 10:34 PM
im telling you......

while we're here know the separation between the bling-bling and non bling-bling..

many people in asia...pardon me, think that bling2 is the new generation of auto style.....LOL...

hey guys, that's IMHO.....LOL.....seriously, when i went back in indonesia....those cars.......straight from the airport to my house.................blingblingblingbling...[EDITED] OMBG

i can see 22" bling2 in Lincoln/buick, etc........but in toyota? honda? OMG..

hehehe...no hard feeling, mkay?

Last edited by _karu_; 08-06-2005 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:50 AM
So my suggestion is, drive one first and then tell the posters and visitors here how it goes and then give us an honest to goodness review.
First of, it sounds like you need an SUV more then a Jazz - based on your driving experience. Again - to each his own.

If you bothered to look at my posts, you'd see that I am in fact not in America, but in Europe where the Jazz has been sold for 4 years now. I have driven the Jazz both on street and on track, and my experience with rims on small engin'ed cars are not only from Jazz, but from Civic, Integra, Accord...

I can understand why you'd want 17" from an estetic point of view, but as for performance and handling. Thats easy physics man.

For a performance enthusiasts point of view - a lightweight rim is always preferred.

As you to _karu_: Grow up If you're old enough to drive a car, you're old enough to behave like it. Language!

Old 08-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by strepto
As you to _karu_: Grow up If you're old enough to drive a car, you're old enough to behave like it. Language!
Ah.......

ok, Thank you very much for your kind attention. Of coarse, I should realize the difference between the "language rule" between this forum and the other.
I sincerely realize that, and I thank you for the reminder.

But again, I still stand on my opinion (regarding the bling2 rims in Asia). (which is not related to where you live, strepto)

oh btw....i myself can't see why 17" shouldn't be put into Jazz...i think they're alright....even though it really depends on how you choose ur rims...and oh yeah, cutting spring is not acceptable...thank you.

Last edited by _karu_; 08-06-2005 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:15 PM
MYx
My bad strepto... I just thought this forum was meant for the American market. Although anyone in the world can access it, I had this notion that this board was designed to cater to the future release of the FIT/JAZZ in the US.

As I said, if I wanted a race car I'd build one. Heck, I don't have to repeat what I said right? And you're right, to each his own. But I was merely commenting on that paragraph I quoted. You just can't say wholesale that performance will be "killed" and handling will be "demolished". Comparing it to what? an OEM rimmed Jazz? What's the basis? By those statements you're dousing the flame on a yet to be released product. And you're even a moderator here so people actually believe what you say.

What I'm telling forumers here is that, based on my experience, "17s aren't as bad" as you say they are. The CVT's gearing compensates for the rim's weight load. Try it out going up a mountain and you'll know what I mean.

Esthetically yes, 17s are great looking, but you know what, here in our club, we don't actually recommend 17s because of the terrible road conditions in our country. We recommend 16s for best balance of performance and form. But as we have experienced here, once you've shod 17s on a Jazz, you wouldn't want to go back to 16s.

And by the way, I do drive and own an SUV and I do drive on the track. Does 8 years of professional touring car racing count?

Last edited by MYx; 08-09-2005 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:48 AM
First off all MYx, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound disrespectfull.

I can't really comment on how the Jazz is to drive with 17" rims on the roads in your area, and I understand from what you are writing that they aren't that good. If the roads are bumpy and of poor quality I can understand why larger rims would help give the car some added elevation and thus prevent the underside of the car from hitting the uneven road.

As to the physics.. The Jazz in Norway has 83bhp. It has a 0 -> 100 km/h time of 12.0 seconds - which isn't very good. I'm sorry to say the Jazz is a pretty slow car when it comes to what I'm used to from Honda, having owned an ITR and a Hybrid CTR. But to my point: The stock Jazz over here has 14" 175-65 Alu Rims which are pretty lightweight.

When you add larger rims, you add weight (Yes, there are exceptions if you pay 1000 USD pr. Rim). The added weight causes additional rotational mass, and more unsprung weight. This again causes the 0 -> 100 time - which is already pretty poor - to go even higher.

Another effect of the added weight is the wear on the suspension. The dampers and springs, even the bushings, aren't ment to support heavy and large rims. Yes it will work, and yes most likely you'll be fine, but I don't like gambling with that stuff.

If the Jazz has a strong engine with lots of power, the 17" rims wouldn't do it anything but justice - but small displacement and small HP... The Jazz came with 14" and 15" for a reason.

Last edited by strepto; 08-10-2005 at 03:09 AM.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:15 AM
mav
Well if OEM size is 15", I think going two sizes up to an 17" wheel is fine. To compensate, you can always get lightweight wheels and there are plenty on the market, such as BBS and Volk.

Old 08-10-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by mav
Well if OEM size is 15", I think going two sizes up to an 17" wheel is fine. To compensate, you can always get lightweight wheels and there are plenty on the market, such as BBS and Volk.
Not everyone can afford pricey lightweight 17's like BBS and Volk's. Your looking at close to $400-$600 per wheel in 17's.

Old 08-10-2005, 02:55 PM
mav
How about Work, Weld Sports or OZ? Those usually only run about $300 to $400 per wheel in 17".

Old 08-10-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by mav
How about Work, Weld Sports or OZ? Those usually only run about $300 to $400 per wheel in 17".
True, but you're not getting forged wheels like BBS and Volk's at that price, semi-forged maybe.

Quick Reply: Which rims look the best on the Jazz?