General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.
View Poll Results: Which rims would you rather have on your Jazz?
Spoon Sports SW388
16.88%
Advan RG
7.79%
BuddyClub P1 QF
11.69%
Mugen MF10L
19.48%
Volk Racing TE37
19.48%
Work Emotion CR Kai
22.08%
OEM Honda 15" Alu VTi-S Rims
2.60%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Which rims look the best on the Jazz?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 10:46 PM
MYx
strepto, we're actually saying the same thing in different languages. I understand your concern on heavyweight large diameter rims. If I had the resources, I would opt for lightweight forged rims myself. Alas, our third world country can only dish out so many real-deal performance parts and accessories. And they all come at a price.

As for me, I bought my Volk rip-off rims for a sum of about US$460 for a set of four. They're made in Taiwan by the company, Concept One. I use the Jazz to commute from house to work about 15kms away in stop and go traffic. On occasion, we take the car on road trips hence the high odo reading which is now at 18,800+ after only 7 months of ownership. My fuel mileage is plays at about 9-10km/l with this set up. I know I can go up to 12km/l or even perhaps 14 with OEM rims, but I'd rather sacrifice a little of that performance with some form.

At the end of the day, whichever rims people here use, there will always have to be compromises along the way. I'd just rather enjoy the car and have fun with it when I use it.

Last edited by MYx; 08-10-2005 at 10:49 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:50 PM
milkylog
Originally Posted by MYx
strepto, we're actually saying the same thing in different languages. I understand your concern on heavyweight large diameter rims. If I had the resources, I would opt for lightweight forged rims myself. Alas, our third world country can only dish out so many real-deal performance parts and accessories. And they all come at a price.

As for me, I bought my Volk rip-off rims for a sum of about US$460 for a set of four. Their made in Taiwan by the company, Concept One. I use the Jazz to commute from house to work about 15kms away in stop and go traffic. On occasion, we take the car on road trips hence the high odo reading which is now at 18,800+ after only 7 months of ownership. My fuel mileage is plays at about 9-10km/l with this set up. I know I can go up to 12km/l or even perhaps 14 with OEM rims, but I'd rather sacrifice a little of that performance with some form.

At the end of the day, whichever rims people here use, there will always have to be compromises along the way. I'd just rather enjoy the car and have fun with it when I use it.
That is an excellent price. Does Concept One have a website?

Old 08-10-2005, 10:56 PM
MYx
I believe they do... not sure of the exact URL... conceptonewheels.com I think. Read yesterday at local magazine here that they're already JWL certified. They're just heavy I think. So if you want lighter wheels check out Rota wheels. And they're cheaper by about US$175 from COncept Ones too.

Old 08-11-2005, 11:42 AM
mav
Sorry but I hate rip off parts like fake BBS and Volk wheels and knock off body kits. Not only goes it violate intellectual property laws, its a blatant insult to the original. I'm all for competition and cheap alternatives, but when these companies rip off other people's hard work, its pathetic.

Old 08-11-2005, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by strepto
First off all MYx, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound disrespectfull.

I can't really comment on how the Jazz is to drive with 17" rims on the roads in your area, and I understand from what you are writing that they aren't that good. If the roads are bumpy and of poor quality I can understand why larger rims would help give the car some added elevation and thus prevent the underside of the car from hitting the uneven road.

As to the physics.. The Jazz in Norway has 83bhp. It has a 0 -> 100 km/h time of 12.0 seconds - which isn't very good. I'm sorry to say the Jazz is a pretty slow car when it comes to what I'm used to from Honda, having owned an ITR and a Hybrid CTR. But to my point: The stock Jazz over here has 14" 175-65 Alu Rims which are pretty lightweight.

When you add larger rims, you add weight (Yes, there are exceptions if you pay 1000 USD pr. Rim). The added weight causes additional rotational mass, and more unsprung weight. This again causes the 0 -> 100 time - which is already pretty poor - to go even higher.

Another effect of the added weight is the wear on the suspension. The dampers and springs, even the bushings, aren't ment to support heavy and large rims. Yes it will work, and yes most likely you'll be fine, but I don't like gambling with that stuff.

If the Jazz has a strong engine with lots of power, the 17" rims wouldn't do it anything but justice - but small displacement and small HP... The Jazz came with 14" and 15" for a reason.
I have to agree with Myx having tried out his car. 17s are not that bad.

BTW _Karu_, I disagree with you when you said a "many people in asia...pardon me, think that bling2 is the new generation of auto style". They're not that many. Even if there a lot of people who like Bling, I believe they have the right to like it since they are paying for the bling. To be honest, I don't like bling myself but that does not mean I should criticize them for liking it. As I am entitled in my opinion of not liking it, they are also entitled to like it. Let's try to avoid offending somebody who happens to like bling. I think to honestly say that you don't like it is enough.

Old 08-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by ken1279
BTW _Karu_, I disagree with you when you said a "many people in asia...pardon me, think that bling2 is the new generation of auto style". They're not that many. Even if there a lot of people who like Bling, I believe they have the right to like it since they are paying for the bling. To be honest, I don't like bling myself but that does not mean I should criticize them for liking it. As I am entitled in my opinion of not liking it, they are also entitled to like it. Let's try to avoid offending somebody who happens to like bling. I think to honestly say that you don't like it is enough.
Take it easy, buddy..

that's actually what i'm trying to say.......

i've to agree to your critic about "many people in asia...." though.....it should've been directed to the people who modifed their car in Indonesia, specifically....Jakarta...

Again, if you think that I'm trying to offend anybody......then ur wrong. I'm just simply stating how sick i felt to see those bling2 wheels wrongly put in the wrong car with wrong body kit......

like i said earlier (again), those bling might looks nice if they're installed in correct cars....

if you don't like if, then please don't make a big deal out of it.....just forget about it, ok?

peace out.

Old 08-12-2005, 01:46 PM
MYx
Originally Posted by mav
Sorry but I hate rip off parts like fake BBS and Volk wheels and knock off body kits. Not only goes it violate intellectual property laws, its a blatant insult to the original. I'm all for competition and cheap alternatives, but when these companies rip off other people's hard work, its pathetic.
You'ld be surprised where many of these so-called original (even JDM) wheels are made... makes you wonder how come no lawsuits have been filed yet against these companies that supposedly rip-off the originals. Some of our favorite wheel designs are actually subcontracted to companies that can manufacture them at a cheaper cost.

Old 08-12-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by MYx
You'ld be surprised where many of these so-called original (even JDM) wheels are made... makes you wonder how come no lawsuits have been filed yet against these companies that supposedly rip-off the originals. Some of our favorite wheel designs are actually subcontracted to companies that can manufacture them at a cheaper cost.
But also take into consideration that these replica wheel makers are just using cast alloys or cheap metal materials to produce wheels. I can see if they were actual forged or semi-forged wheels like what BBS and Volk uses for their wheels, then you can argue it's being manufacturered by the same company. Most replica wheels are being manufactured in either the Philippines(Rota's), Taiwan and China. BBS manufacturer all of their wheels out of their German plant.

Old 08-12-2005, 02:30 PM
MYx
That's my point boss... some wheels we call replicas are actually the same wheels which are originals made by a company that was outsourced by the wheel brand. We had an interview with the owner of ROTA and he told us that many JDM wheels are actually made by them and exported to Japan and branded and sold as originals. Of course, he couldn't divulge which brands they are. ROTA still doesn't have forging technology (but it's coming soon) so we can rule out the lightweight performance wheels on that one... for now.

Old 08-12-2005, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by _karu_
Take it easy, buddy..

that's actually what i'm trying to say.......

i've to agree to your critic about "many people in asia...." though.....it should've been directed to the people who modifed their car in Indonesia, specifically....Jakarta...

Again, if you think that I'm trying to offend anybody......then ur wrong. I'm just simply stating how sick i felt to see those bling2 wheels wrongly put in the wrong car with wrong body kit......

like i said earlier (again), those bling might looks nice if they're installed in correct cars....

if you don't like if, then please don't make a big deal out of it.....just forget about it, ok?

peace out.
Hey buddy. It's no big deal.

I'm not saying that you're trying to offend anybody. I said let's try to avoid offending anybody. I don't have any problems with the "if", I just didn't see it in your previous post.

No offense meant bro.

Last edited by ken1279; 08-12-2005 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:20 AM
mav
Originally Posted by MYx
Of course, he couldn't divulge which brands they are.
Of course not because its bullshit.

Old 08-15-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by mav
Of course not because its bullshit.
I'm with Mav on this one. I believe those manufacturing plants, you see here I didn't say company, are producing wheels for various wheel companies. If this plant is using forging technology, don't you think the cheaper replica wheel companies would be selling forged wheels too? Which they are not.

Old 08-15-2005, 11:20 PM
MYx
Have you been to their plant? I've seen the boxes of Kosei, Bob Jane Tmarts etc. Don't say it's bullshit unless you have the facts with you. COme over here and see for yourself. I can arrange a plant tour if you want. Weekdays only.

And on a sidenote, not all JDM wheels are forged. Many are mere cast alloy.

Last edited by MYx; 08-15-2005 at 11:24 PM.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:19 AM
mav
I'm referring to the top tier wheels brands, like BBS, OZ, Volk, Work, etc not second or third tier crap. BBS manufactures their wheels in Germany and Japan for their ACQ line. BBS does not subcontract to a company like Rota, for example, to make their wheels. Maybe Kosei does but Kosei is not a BBS.

I don't need to take a plant tour to know this.

Old 08-16-2005, 01:44 PM
MYx
If you cared to read my posts, I never mentioned BBS or Volk as being manufactured by any other company other than their own. Be that as it may your comment on my statement was uncalled for. What I'm merely trying to say is, many JDM brands are actually subcontracted and ROTA happens to be one of the subcontractors. There's no bullshit there because that's the truth. Heck, I don't even use a ROTA on my Jazz...

But to get back on topic... the best rims on your Jazz would be the one that makes you happy. At the end of the day, it's your choice and you'll have to live with it and no one else.

Cheers!

Last edited by MYx; 08-16-2005 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by MYx
If you cared to read my posts, I never mentioned BBS or Volk as being manufactured by any other company other than their own. Be that as it may your comment on my statement was uncalled for. What I'm merely trying to say is, many JDM brands are actually subcontracted and ROTA happens to be one of the subcontractors. There's no bullshit there because that's the truth. Heck, I don't even use a ROTA on my Jazz...

But to get back on topic... the best rims on your Jazz would be the one that makes you happy. At the end of the day, it's your choice and you'll have to live with it and no one else.

Cheers!
Let's not debate over this anymore. It's just getting beaten around the bush and getting off-topic. Let's have some beers and just forget it ever was mentioned.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:32 PM
mav
Originally Posted by MYx
I did but since you replied to my post when I mentioned BBS and Volk, I thought that you were referring to them.

Old 08-16-2005, 08:37 PM
Get a room or take it to the track.

Originally Posted by mav
I did but since you replied to my post when I mentioned BBS and Volk, I thought that you were referring to them.
Maraming namatay sa akala. Where the heck is the moderator?

Old 08-17-2005, 04:48 AM
Originally Posted by jjmichaels

Was all this necessary? I, being Filipino, should not have to see other Pinoys talking Tagalog to non-Pinoy members on here to make a point. That's just simply rude.

Old 08-17-2005, 09:43 AM
mav
Originally Posted by jjmichaels

Damn if you're going to curse someone out, at least have the testicular fortitude to do it in one's own language.

Quick Reply: Which rims look the best on the Jazz?