General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

English User Manual

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 06:41 AM
English User Manual

I recently bought a FIT 1.5 Automatic in Beijing from one of the dealers, but he has been unable to provide me an English version of the User Manual. He asked me to contact Honda, but their website has no e-mail contact addresses.

Would you know who I should contact or how I can get one?

thanks
sups

Old 07-31-2005, 07:50 AM
I suppose you could always find one online, but youd be better off just talking to the local Honda dealer and have them order one in for you.

Old 08-10-2005, 01:31 AM
Originally Posted by Sups2003
I recently bought a FIT 1.5 Automatic in Beijing from one of the dealers, but he has been unable to provide me an English version of the User Manual. He asked me to contact Honda, but their website has no e-mail contact addresses.

thanks
sups
Probably can't get a response there. You can try UK or . . .wait until next Spring & I'll get you an extra when I get my car in US.

TOLL-FREE Honda Motor Europe
01753 590590

Old 08-12-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by Sups2003

thanks
sups
I sure hope that I will be able to get an English language manual when and if i purchase my new FIT in Mexico in October...since they come from Brazil, i'll bet it will be all in Spanish. I would really appreciate it if you find a way to get one. thanks.
Annie

Old 08-28-2005, 05:57 AM
Smile

All you need to do is talk to your local honda dealer in the UK and they will be able to get hold of one for you! Im suspecting that the one you are hoping to get will indeed be in spanish lol! Go to www.honda.co.uk at the bottom there is a link called 'contact' in a red background, im sure if you click on this and fill out the form someone can do something for you! Good luck!

Lori Xx

Last edited by Little Panda; 08-28-2005 at 06:03 AM.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:11 PM
English Manual

Bless you, Lori, for taking the time to give me ideas for an English manual to take back to Mexico with me. I'm in England one more month and shall try these phone numbers. I just filled out the form and have alerted them to my need though they don't reply by e-mail. Thanks a million.

Old 08-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Talking

No problem, glad i could help you out! It was either that or learn spanish! lol!

Lori Xx

Old 08-28-2005, 01:25 PM
People helping people

Lori,
Why, do you live in Mexico too?
Annie

Old 08-29-2005, 08:49 AM
Talking Some people are just pleased to help others

No i don't live in mexico, i'm based in the UK! So what is it like living in mexico? Im hoping to get my Jazz soon and am really excited, its been my fav car since it came out! Let me know if you get that manual! Good Luck!

PS - I wonder if you would be able to help me wit my dilemma (go to thread 'little panda in a muddle over colours') Any suggestions would be most appreciated) Thank you!

Lori Xx

Last edited by Little Panda; 08-29-2005 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:42 AM
[QUOTE=Little Panda]
No i don't live in mexico, i'm based in the UK! So what is it like living in mexico? Im hoping to get my Jazz soon and am really excited, its been my fav car since it came out! Let me know if you get that manual! Good Luck!

I loooooooooooove living in Mexico. I'm on the Pacific side in a little fishing village called Barra de Navidad which attracts tourists all winter. My studio is right on the beach with glorious sunsets every night. It's in the tropics and the people are as warm as the climate!

I used to go there just for holidays with my husband and as a retired single woman I have chosen to live there. I now have dual citizenship.

My old plymouth voyageur mini van is giving out and while here in England to support my daughter through six months of chemotherapy, I've made car hunting a little project as nowhere that i've ever been has so many small cars. I can't find anything as economical nor practical nor cute than the Jazz and am thrilled that it's coming to Mexico in October just in time for my return.

People ask whatever do I do with my time in Mexico. I write, I read, I walk my dog on the beach, I swim, I entertain, I watch TV and film, I eat, I sleep and I create a beautiful environment in which to live. That's just about what a retiree would do living anywhere in the world but in a glorious setting, everything seems like play. I also spearhead theatre trainings for professional actors and fly my protege in from Canada to facilitate them. We've trained about 39 Mexican actors now in the art of Playback Theatre which my Toronto based theatre company performed.

I'm working on my Spanish and can get by now but can't hold any deep philisophical conversations nor read technical mechanical manuals yet.

Still haven't had an answer from Honda re getting an English one.

I'll keep trying. I'm going to go back to the dealer here about getting one as I suggest you do about colour options.

Annie

Old 08-30-2005, 11:30 AM
Thumbs up Wow

Your life there sounds fantastic! Well done you!!! Yea im gonna see what happens with the pink honda but because of all the set backs with that colour and the need for a car asap i had already started drawing up designs in my head without realising at first (too creative for my own good sometimes) based on another colour which im putting to paper tonight so its not the end of the world if i dont get my pink car, all i have to do is make it my own by changing a few things! I saw a silver one today and i think with a bit of hard work and 100% effort i could make one of those classy as well as soooo cute!

Old 08-30-2005, 12:34 PM
colours

Lori, You can never be toooooooo creative. Thanks for the smashing idea. Maybe i'll get a silver one too and have a young painter make it beautiful with my blue trimmings! It would probably cost more to have it made a special colour from the factory. Good luck in your search.
Annie

Old 08-30-2005, 06:27 PM
Talking Thank you

I think a nice silver car with blue detailing would look wonderful! Perhaps some blue lights too under the side skirts or even on the interior like i am doing with mine? However all my detailing will be in my fav colour in the whole world (not blue)... i'll let that be a mystery until you see the finished masterpiece!

Perhaps you could use the image of a blue sky reflecting on clear water as your inspiration or one of those beautiful views you have in mexico?! I look forward to seeing wht you do with your jazz when you get it! I will also keep you updated with how mine is going! My design for the silver Jazz is looking better all the time! Really cant wait to start working on the real thing!

Old 08-31-2005, 04:16 AM
Red face colours y manual

Lori, i really look forward to seeing your finished product! I'm still working on getting an English manual.

Annie

Old 09-03-2005, 01:08 PM
Talking

When do you go back to mexico? Another idea that could perhaps work if ur finding it difficult to get hold of an english user manual is to buy one off ebay! I've seen a couple on there a while ago and didnt think of it till now! Try find one there coz it could be quicker than waiting for the people to process your form on the honda site! Also im off on Wednesday to go do some car fishing so hopefully i will find wht i am looking for! Really excited!!!!!!!

Old 09-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Manual y colour

You are so kind, Lori. I look forward to hearing what you find Wed. I have good news and bad news in my search. The good is that someone on one of these threads gave me an e-mail address for Honda...probably head office. They put me onto a local dealership where they were fantastic. They had an English manual for me for the Jazz within 24 hours and i have been scouring it with highlighter felt pen in hand! All the new Hondas were flying off the lot...apparently this is the month for the 2006's. I talked to a guy there who'd been driving his Jazz for 3 years and looooooooooooooooved it1

The bad news is that the dealership in Mexico says they can only get the colours in their catalogues. I'm not going to give up though and will call Brazil in a week...Have run out of time as travelling to Somerset for the week.

Still thinking of silver and your idea of having it painted with the blue sea etc....

To answer your other question...I fly to Toronto on Sept 30th and on to Mexico Oct 18th. They still haven't got prices there yet so that will be the deciding factor...otherwise i would just order to pick up in Guadalajara upon arrival.

Good luck.

Annie

Old 09-06-2005, 02:36 PM
that much trouble just for an owner's manual?

Old 09-06-2005, 03:46 PM
It's just that I am buying the car in Mexico and it's being manufactured in Brazil...both Spanish speaking countries and I'm not fluent enough...especially in the mechanical field. It happens with everything I buy there...can't get an English manual....my cordless phone for example...my air conditioner...but the benefits of living there are great...so i don't complain...I just work magic to see about getting a translation.

Old 09-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Thumbs up

that sucks for you.

just play around with it and you'll know how your car works.

Old 09-06-2005, 03:58 PM
the importance of being a manual

Thanks...you are obviously male...a woman likes explicit directions ...at least this woman does and i do HAVE them and it will be great.

Quick Reply: English User Manual