General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.
View Poll Results: What would you like to upgrade on Your Jazz?
Engine Performance
31.11%
Suspension and Handling
26.67%
Exterior, Lights and Body
28.89%
Interior, Inside Design, Sound
13.33%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

What Would You Want?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 03:28 AM
Talking

i'm pretty sure they will have lots of parts for this car. hopefully the oem rim sucks so no harm getting rid of and get some Te37 ..

Old 09-10-2005, 10:59 PM
The Honda S2000 is a decent car and it's a fun car to autocross. But as another poster said it's expensive and they are compared to a Jazz. I have autocrossed all kinds of cars as people in my region tended to swap cars and I still think the Jazz will get autocrossed just like the Golfs and a slew of other cars. I drove shifter karts (damn quick) and at the end of the day you still have a boatload of fun. I forget what class the S2000 is in, but the Jazz will still do ok and as i said I'd give the nod to Lotus for Solo 2 but that's just my opinion as I haven't driven one yet.

Old 09-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Hi Clyamore, not a fellow Scot by any chance are you? Sorry I never did Limerock, too far from me and out of my budget. I hear they do shifter Karts there and I thought about doing that. I was strictly Solo 2 and ran with several groups as you know seat time is very important. I ran a stock Miata with all allowable mods for stock. Did you run Limerock?

Old 09-11-2005, 04:55 PM
I've owned about 5 Police Interceptors over the years. I had a contact who was a retired cop and he bought all the really nice ones and sold them. Big cars, powerful, I've seen them autocrossed but they tend to be a bit big for the courses and when they swing wide they tend to knock cones. I owned 3 Chevys and 2 Fords. Nice they gave you some track time in one, must have been a blast! :-)

Old 09-12-2005, 09:47 AM
mav
Originally Posted by SteveCebu
The Honda S2000 is a decent car and it's a fun car to autocross. But as another poster said it's expensive and they are compared to a Jazz. I have autocrossed all kinds of cars as people in my region tended to swap cars and I still think the Jazz will get autocrossed just like the Golfs and a slew of other cars. I drove shifter karts (damn quick) and at the end of the day you still have a boatload of fun. I forget what class the S2000 is in, but the Jazz will still do ok and as i said I'd give the nod to Lotus for Solo 2 but that's just my opinion as I haven't driven one yet.
Anyone who buys a Fit/Jazz will not cross-shop the S2000. Expensive is a relative term. At $33K MSRP and performance exceeding that of a Porsche Boxster and BMW Z4, the S2000 is quite a bargain.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:12 AM
unless the person's fit is all turbo or supercharged and fully built and ready for a race...

stock to stock i don't think the fit will take on the s2k.

in the pass the fit beat the nsx. so what?? nsx is not a super fast car anymore

compare to any other manufacture that build race cars. watch recently BMI,

s2000 beat nsx, rx7 beat nsx....

Old 09-14-2005, 07:13 AM
Someone that Posts too much
Originally Posted by shaolin
unless the person's fit is all turbo or supercharged and fully built and ready for a race...

stock to stock i don't think the fit will take on the s2k.

in the pass the fit beat the nsx. so what?? nsx is not a super fast car anymore

compare to any other manufacture that build race cars. watch recently BMI,

s2000 beat nsx, rx7 beat nsx....
The fit beat the NSX in ENDURANCE racing. ENDURANCE racing is 8HRs, 12Hrs, 24HRs straight racing. The fit would also beat an RX7, RX8, S2000, etc due to petrol consumption and the resulting number of times these vehicles need to pit. Reliability and consistency also comes into play.

I'm surprised you didn't mention Gonzilla - the GTR. Its probably the closest competitor to an NSX.

The NSX is alot quicker than any of those vehicles in normal limited lap circuit racing. This is why it devestatingly dominates the Japanese domestic championships year after year after year. Stock its a 206KW (reality is more power but thats the Japanese manufacturers agreed limit) all alloy supercar. None of those other vehicles are supercars.

Having been in a NSX around Montegi with one of Japan's top race champions at the wheel I can assure you they are absolutely awesome. Spoon were also doing testing of their S2000s while I was at the track for the week.

The NSX was a good match for Porches (GT3s), Massarattis and Ferraris when they raced together in the Austrlian production car championships. Oh and the NSX was the most reliable if the drivers didn't put it into a wall.
Massarattis rarely finished and the Ferraris had a habit of catching on fire.

Old 09-14-2005, 09:44 AM
mav
Why do you keep trying to compare the Fit to the S2000 and NSX? Its an apples to oranges comparison. Other than sharing a steering wheel, four tires and the Honda badge, they have nothing in common. I also doubt your claim that the Fit beat the NSX and is capable of beating an S2000, RX-7 and RX-8 in endurance racing. Sorry to burst your bubble but even low fuel consumption cannot make up for superior speed, power and handling.

The Fit is going to be a great daily driver but high performance machine it is clearly not.

Last edited by mav; 09-14-2005 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:15 PM
dont' know what to say. i don't have fit so i try not to say anything in comparison.

i'll look into bmi or hot version and see if they race more FIT than any other car.

Old 09-15-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by mav
Why do you keep trying to compare the Fit to the S2000 and NSX? Its an apples to oranges comparison. Other than sharing a steering wheel, four tires and the Honda badge, they have nothing in common. I also doubt your claim that the Fit beat the NSX and is capable of beating an S2000, RX-7 and RX-8 in endurance racing. Sorry to burst your bubble but even low fuel consumption cannot make up for superior speed, power and handling.

The Fit is going to be a great daily driver but high performance machine it is clearly not.
http://hondatuningmagazine.com/featu...08ht_spoonfit/

If you do a bit of research you will find other articles.

The Jazz is very surprising for what it is. It is not a competitor to those other cars and isn't meant to be. The Jazz is far more versitile and practical. Don't write it off and stereotype it as just another shopping trolley. You should actually drive a vehicle before you make your mind up about it.

I was trying to emphasise the fact of how suprisingly well it did in endurance racing. This is not my say so but race proven fact but you know better than reality.

The Jazz wouldn't stand a chance in normal racing and that was quite clearly stated. Its not a high performance car and its not meant to be or trying to be. Its just surprisingly good at endurance racing.

If you watch the current F1 season you'll know how important stategy can be. Strategy is a much more important element in endurance but you don't think it matters at all.

The other very surprising Honda is the Japanese Odyessy (not anything like the one sold in the US). Particularly the JDM Absolute model. Not too many other people movers have had their suspension tuned by Honda's F1 driver.

I'm sorry your so closed minded and not willing to do any research or check the facts but I guess ignorance is bliss. The united states of unconsciousness.

Last edited by vividjazz; 09-15-2005 at 09:53 AM.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:06 AM
mav
I read that article before. Again, no where does it say the Fit beat the NSX. This is also a test run, not real racing conditions. Maybe you should read more carefully before making such exaggerated claims.

I follow F1 closely, but all the strategy in the world, cannot make up for driver talent and car performance. This season proves it.

As I said the Fit is a great little car to use as a daily driver but high performance machine, it is not. I'm interested in and planning to buy one because its a Honda, its inexpensive, gets good gas mileage and is perfect for my needs as a commuter car. Like you said its versitile and practical. I'm not buying it for its performance or lack there of, or that the Spoon version can get the same time as a stock NSX in a 3 hour test run at Motegi. I don't plan on doing any performance mods to it because I really don't see the point. 110HP to 125HP, big deal, its still slow. I have an S2000 and M3 in the garage to play with. The Fit is just a cool little commuter, nothing more, nothing less.

And don't make this personal. This is a forum, an exchange of opinions and ideas. If you're not mature enough to handle other people's opinions that differ from your own, maybe you should stop reading and posting.

Old 09-19-2005, 03:26 AM
Let's see Super Taikyu Endurance Series race results.

Old 09-19-2005, 12:48 PM
can FIT only win on Endurance race?? is there any other races that fit's in?? i can't find any vid that show's fit. the only one ihave is the BMW vtec club which they were testing the spoon fit on a track.

Old 09-19-2005, 02:40 PM
First off as a Jazz owner I seriously doubt the Jazz will "Wow!" the Fast and Furious crowd. It's a great little city car and sure you can pump it up quite a bit but they type of racing it's going to be good at is the lower classes and that's because it's cheap to run and repair. If you want a very fast car to race, look elsewhere. The Honda S2000 is quite impractical as was my Miata but works miles better at being a sports/race car. They do have races in Europe for racing econoboxes. Fiats I think. But either way pump up the car if that's what you want to do. But don't expect it to be a Z06 Vette killer.

Old 09-20-2005, 08:51 AM
The Jazz would be eligible for the less than 1600cc class of production car racing but don't know of anyone running one.

Hot hatches are really big in Europe I'm surprised someone hasn't tried to run one over there. Most people wouldn't consider the Jazz a Cleo or Gti competitor though.

Old 09-21-2005, 07:11 AM
I can see the Jazz for what it is and I drive mine everyday but i'm still under 1,000K and this time I might not even get 12k/l which is 8.33 liters/100 km.

This must be because the car is not yet broken in and you are limited as to how fast you can go in the city. But I expect it will get better over time and I'll do an oil change at 5K no matter what the dealer says. I do expect to geta lot better economy than I am getting in the 1.3L tho, and I do not drive it hard either.
Whether or not it will get raced... I just don't know. I'd certainly prefer to race other makes for various reasons.

Old 09-28-2005, 08:42 AM
Well i'll probably get the Sport package so the exterior work would all be done (aero kit, spoiler, fogs). The only think I would do to the exterior is buy some 15-16 inch Mugens and call it a day.

Suspension wise I would just lower it about 2 inches.

I would want to keep this a daily driver for many years to come so I am going to keep the interior/engine completely stock.

I could drive a stock Fit all day long, it needs little mods to look cool if you get the Sport package.

Old 09-29-2005, 11:51 AM
Just a thought but all those mods are made of heavy plastic and weigh the car down, decreasing it's performance. Of course I like sleepers

I saw one here in the Philippines with all the spoilers, a blue one, it didn't look all that different to me and of course more weight. Mod it yourself, that way you can buy only what you need. just a suggestion of course.

Old 10-09-2005, 04:53 AM
engine for sure! but unfortunately that goes hand in hand with suspension chasis upgrading too

Old 10-11-2005, 07:55 AM
5 Year Member
Upgrades

One of the worst aspects of the Jazz is the ride and handling. The first thing I'd like to do is throw in a decent set of springs and shocks to give it a more stable platform. I'd also see if I could get a quicker steering rack, and do something with the wooden steering feel. I'd also get some strut braces and look and stiffening the chasis a bit.

The brakes are under done as well, so an upgrade all round wouldn't go a stray, with larger front discs and calipers, and upgrading to discs on the rear.

I'd then look at giving a bit of a mild tune, with an aftermarket intake, exhaust, ecu package. The emphasis would be on drivability and extending the rev range a bit. A 1.5l shouldn't be redlining at 6300rpm, it should be spinning to 7000rpm at least. It should also have a sweet sound without being too intrusive, and a large tail pipe would add a bit to the looks.

I'd then look at a stronger clutch and throw in a slippery diff.

The sound system should be upgraded with a bit more grunt, quality speakers and a quality DVD player.

I'd then upgrade the lights with better wiring, relays, globes etc... Add a set of driving lights, and a reversing light.

Then I'd start on the body, with a very subtle body kit instead of the very angular one that comes standard on the VTI-S. Upgrade the wheels, take off the badges, splash a bit of colour around the interior with a bit of trim. Ugrade the seats and seatbelts.

There is one major draw back with all of these mods, It is our only car and we have 2 kids, plus I have sworn to my wife that I will not touch a thing on the car. So I will have to be content with the way it is, warts and all.

Quick Reply: What Would You Want?