General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

TPMS light

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 07:48 PM
TPMS light

Ok, i've had my Fit for a little over 3 weeks now and this past weekend my TPMS light came on again for the 2nd time. I've heard more than once that Honda seems to be having a problem with the TPMS systems in alot if not all of there cars. I'm just curious to see, how many other people out there are having issues with TPMS? I have a 08 Sport with stock wheels and as of this weekend, it has just over 1000 miles on it. Anyone else having issues of the recurring TPMS light?

Old 05-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I've had no issues. Have you verified that your tires have enough pressure?

Old 05-19-2008, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
Warning would be nice

God, I wish my ol' lady had a PMS light, so I could find out the easy way.

And to any feminazis, "Ol' Lady" is not a derogatory term, spoken among motorcyclists. I love my ol' lady more than most guys love their wives and girlfriends. I sincerely wonder why sometimes, but I do.

Oh, you said a TPMS light. That's very different. Never mind.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:01 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by Steeldog
God, I wish my ol' lady had a PMS light, so I could find out the easy way.

And to any feminazis, "Ol' Lady" is not a derogatory term, spoken among motorcyclists. I love my ol' lady more than most guys love their wives and girlfriends. I sincerely wonder why sometimes, but I do.

Oh, you said a TPMS light. That's very different. Never mind.
ROFL!! I needed a laugh, thanks! +rep for that

Old 05-19-2008, 08:29 PM
TPMS problem

I just had the same problem this weekend, my TPMS light is on also but I also did swap out my rims with some Mugen RNR's. Is there any way to disable or trick the TPMS system with my new wheels or do I have to bite the bullet spend some cash on a second set of sensors?

Old 05-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
take out the led to the light?
would that work?

Old 05-19-2008, 09:00 PM
Check all ur tires pressure and for nails or staples. I had a small staple on one of my tires, but the tire didn't went down flat completely flat. It actually looked normal. So I thought it is the TPMS sensor problem and took it to the dealer and found out there was the staple on one of my tires. Also that tire was at 20-25 psi if i remember correctly.

Last edited by tommyinsane; 05-19-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:15 PM
I had a TPMS light come on, and that was due to an overinflated tire. And this was the first night I had the car. I bled the excess pressure the next day, and it eventually went off. Hasn't come back on since.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:42 PM
How over inflated? Cause I ran 40psi for 1 day and next day I got the staple on my tire. I want to know what is consider over inflated.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:11 AM
For me, I had one tire that registered 40-42 psi, when it should have been 32 psi. I drove the next morning and it was still on. When I was at lunch that day, I checked and found that the one tire was off. After bleeding the air, I went to run an errand. The TPMS light was on for a couple of minutes, then it disappeared. Maybe an overinflated tire can screw up TPMS?

And it was the TPMS light, not the bloated tire with the exclamation point.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:38 AM
5 Year Member
yeah, i had the same problem. the same day i got my car, i got home and I notcied the light was on. It was due to one of the tires being about 10psi overinflated. it was at about 50psi.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:31 AM
tin
5 Year Member
5k miles, no TPMS problems. I had thought the front tires were under inflated because it looked a bit squished, but I checked and it was around 33 PSI so I left it alone.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:10 PM
I have never seen the "low tire pressure" light come on. It is the actual TPMS light. This is the 2nd time in 3 weeks it has come on. I got some song and dance about how Honda has been having issues with TPMS systems in most of their cars and they had a "new tool" coming out to help correct the problem. My dealer just recieved the "tool" and I am supposed to take it in tomorrow to get it checked out. I know my tires are not over inflated so that isnt the problem. I just wanted to see if anyone else is having the TPMS light issue and had to keep going back to the dealer to get it "reset". I'm beginning to wonder if there is a problem with my TPMS system.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Hi guys
I just picked up my new 08 silver sport fit and when I got home I noticed the tpms light on,called dealer and they told to bring it in tomorrow.If this is the only problem I have I'll be happy.But do I love my FIT!!
Jimrb66

Old 06-12-2008, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
I swapped over the stock sensors to my new wheels, been running them at 40psi, no light has come on at all.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:16 AM
5 Year Member
There is an on-going thread about the TPMS issues here at https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-out-tpms.html , FYI.

-Rod

Rod's Honda Fit page

Old 06-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Ever since i went back and got the Honda dealership to use their "new tool" the light has not come back on.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:44 PM
Today, as I started to drive to work, my low tire pressure light came on. When I checked my tires at lunch, all were at about 28-29 psi. After inflating them all to 32 psi, I drove until the light went off, which took maybe 5-7 seconds after I started to go forward. I guess my TPMS is working the way it should!

Old 01-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Exclamation TPMS Problems

I purchased my 09 Fit Sport on 12/6/08. At EXACTLY 20 miles, the TPMS warning light came on. I returned to the dealer where they checked ... error indicated there was some sort of radio frequency problem?? OK ... So they reset the system. EXACTLY 20 miles later, the warning light returned! Error indicated same thing ... radio frequency problem?? Of course, I am being asked the questions ... Do I live near transmission lines? Do I use a laptop computer in my car? Etc, etc. Today ... EXACTLY 20 miles after previous reset ... warning light returned. I wheeled directly into the dealership. They have ordered a TPMS sensor unit to see if this will fix the problem. Very frustrating ... my car has less than 175 miles on it and has been back all these times. I have always been a big Honda fan and am happy otherwise with my FIT.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
Forum lore says it takes 23 miles for the TPMS system to realize the system is FUBAR. Sounds like your wheel sensors aren't properly registered. It takes about an hour to register 4 new sensors. I doubt a reset would clear a sensor registration problem. Ask the dealer if they followed the full procedure to register the sensors. If so, then either one or more of the sensors or the unit is bad assuming your tire pressure is good.

AFAIK, only a dealer can do a proper job with the TPMS on these cars. There's a piece of diagnostic gear they have thats needed to do the registration.

Quick Reply: TPMS light