General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit replacing cable company's trucks and vans?!?! (phx natives read too!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 04:41 AM
Ritzbury
Fit replacing cable company's trucks and vans?!?! (phx natives read too!!!)

So i was speeding down the 17 freeway southbound while texting fellow fitfreak lunarGD3, and i noticed a white fit right in front of me. on the back of it, it had a "how is my driving" sticker on it, so i'm thinking "WTF?!?!" so i pull up a little closer and see that the fit had the local cable/internet company's logo painted on the side (COX cable aka comcast in some places). several seconds later, i see a prius with the same sticker on the back... after a few minutes of speeding and texting eddie, i saw the prius was as well the cable company's car! and keep in mind, this is a HUGE company. HUGE!

the last few days i've seen more and more of these cable car fits. has anyone else seen this?!?! and phoenix natives, have you seen the COX fits? i'll post a picture of the one i saw tomorrow morning. too tired now.

what does everyone else think of this???? i think it's great for the cable company, but will take away much of the fit's "twang" and "sex appeal" if there are more companys using the fits as their transport. anyways, i'm obviously too tired to go on.

good to be back on fitfreak, excited to see what everyone has to say. even though the thread will mostly die after 5 posts

Old 05-21-2008, 04:51 AM
that's interesting man, but I think COX and Comcast are two different competing businesses. Oh btw ima Tucson native.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:57 AM
5 Year Member
Well, you can't blame them. You can put lots of stuff in a Fit (don't know about a Prius) and still not spend a lot on gas. Sexier cable vehicles are cool with me.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:47 AM
5 Year Member
Let's see a Chevy S10 work truck costs $15K equipped but gets 14 mpg, a Prius costs $24k and gets 40 mpg, and a Fit costs $16k and gets 30 mpg. Yep, thats what we'd do, too. The last time we made that decision we bought Geo Metro xFi in 1989 for $5885 and sold it for $1k after 195k miles and 8.8c per mile total cost. Total. Best company investment we ever made. And surprised it took many companies to figure that out. Coke excepted, but they got a fantastic deal on their Prius purchases.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member
Hmmm, Honda could eliminate the rear doors + replace all side glass behind front doors with metal panels = Fit Utility Van?

Old 05-21-2008, 11:35 AM
The other day, I saw a fit as a DEP vehicle, I couldn't believe it lol.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:43 AM
It may just be one of those employers who are paying their employees to turn their cars into mobile advertisments for the company and not actual work vehicles.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Ritzbury
Originally Posted by facade
It may just be one of those employers who are paying their employees to turn their cars into mobile advertisments for the company and not actual work vehicles.
that's what i was thinking. since the TW colour is a bit harder to find, and i doubt the company would pay to have the car painted. and seeing a prius on the road too, not matching the company's standart fleet vehicles. i have seen several cox fits this past week. this could mean i have a little research to do today :P

i am pretty sure comcast and cox are owned by the same company, or at least were last year, i had comcast in denver, and just changed address with them and all of a sudden i'm getting a cox bill! crazy!

Old 05-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by Ritzbury
i am pretty sure comcast and cox are owned by the same company, or at least were last year, i had comcast in denver, and just changed address with them and all of a sudden i'm getting a cox bill! crazy!
I'd check that out man cause they're different companies, just same industry 100% positive just checked wikipedia just in case.

I was already pretty sure cause my neighbor works for Cox cable and they get cox service and internet and I get Comcast Cable and Internet.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ejbluth
I'd check that out man cause they're different companies, just same industry 100% positive just checked wikipedia just in case.

I was already pretty sure cause my neighbor works for Cox cable and they get cox service and internet and I get Comcast Cable and Internet.

Maybe one company has bought part of another company?

Old 05-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Ritzbury
Originally Posted by ejbluth

hmmm, i didn't think comcast was out here. +1 for pwn'ing ritzbury. haha, anyways, i guess that's it for the truck topic? my threads die too quick. gosh darn it

Old 05-21-2008, 10:22 PM
haha sorry man, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Retired Moderator
Dude Ritz your back FINALLY! Good to see you back on FF man!

But thats crazy man, the Fit is a good choice for cable companys and stuff, so i see how that makes sense.

Tyler

Old 05-22-2008, 01:54 AM
Ritzbury
Originally Posted by TOOL
Dude Ritz your back FINALLY! Good to see you back on FF man!

But thats crazy man, the Fit is a good choice for cable companys and stuff, so i see how that makes sense.

Tyler
I AM BACK! and with senior power! haha. senior member or whatever. i dunno how that happened. back on topic, i'm somewhat perplexed about the fits as fleet vehicles, i would understand if the fits, or prius' were used for smaller jobs, like turning cable back on, or whatever the small tasks to the are. and for the larger tasks, where larger equipment/tools are needed, that's when you bust out the gas consuming full-bed f-150. that's my take. i did research on it today, i came up with nothing on the topic

Old 05-22-2008, 02:11 AM
Ritzbury
here is a picture of one of these illusive fits

Old 05-22-2008, 02:38 AM
5 Year Member
Its quite possible its a contractors car.
Every time I've installed cable from Cox, or even lately when I got the HD+DVR upgrade the contractor(s) have always had a different vehicle.
I'm thinking this is just a personal vehicle they use for work and agreed to rock out.
I'm squinting at the plate and I dont see the normal "CE-XXXX" work prefix though.
Quite the conundrum.
I believe theres also a user on here who works for a company that delivers using the fit.
+1 on the thread though.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:37 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
yeah, maybe all the companies are finally starting to use their brains!
i'd choose a fit for a company car!

Old 05-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Ritzbury
Originally Posted by F033x
Its quite possible its a contractors car.
Every time I've installed cable from Cox, or even lately when I got the HD+DVR upgrade the contractor(s) have always had a different vehicle.
I'm thinking this is just a personal vehicle they use for work and agreed to rock out.
I'm squinting at the plate and I dont see the normal "CE-XXXX" work prefix though.
Quite the conundrum.
I believe theres also a user on here who works for a company that delivers using the fit.
+1 on the thread though.
that's most likely true. i've never dealt with cox (thank god) and have always seen the white pickups and nothing else. i would agree that most likely they are rockin their own vehicle, and having the company pay for part of it. we'll have to find someone who works a route for cox and find out for sure. i'll keep my eyes open for a cox rep this week

Old 05-22-2008, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
haha I see that fit all the time! thats on the i-17 an like peoria ave right?

Old 05-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Ritzbury
Originally Posted by George02
haha I see that fit all the time! thats on the i-17 an like peoria ave right?
yeah that's where i saw it! i live a block north of there lol

Quick Reply: Fit replacing cable company's trucks and vans?!?! (phx natives read too!!!)