General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Fit in Brazil and Mexico

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 08:34 AM
Exclamation The Fit in Brazil and Mexico

i'm a Canadian living in Mexico...While in England for six months i'm falling in love with the Jazz...thinking of buying a Fit when i return to Mexico in October. If the price is right. When anyone gets a price list on the Fit, i would love to know it.

Cuando tiene precio para El Fit, por favor eniarle a mi. Gracias

Old 08-11-2005, 10:50 PM
Hi Annie, welcome to FitFreak.net

We moved your post from the Japanese Fit forum to the Mexico Fit forum and into the Fit Talk area.

I'm sure when we have a price list for North America, Canada or Mexico we will post it here or in Front Page news.

Dojo

Old 08-12-2005, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
Lightbulb Good news!

Annie,

Honda CEO Takeo Fukui has announced that the Honda Fit will be available in Mexico starting in October 2005, with the car directly sourced from Honda's recently-opened Brazil factory. Therefore, you might be able to buy one there.

But don't look for that model in the USA--when USA/Canada gets the Fit/Jazz in Spring 2006 it will be directly imported from Japan about the same time (if the rumors are correct) Honda officially unveils the second-generation Fit in Japan. The second-generation Fit/Jazz will be 20 mm longer than the current car and will sport a near-Civic width of 1695 mm; the wider body is probably because of considerations for American-sized passengers and also to acommodate strong side-impact protection and side-curtain airbags.

Old 08-12-2005, 11:17 AM
Price? Fit in Mexcio

• Thanks, yes i know that the Honda Fit is coming to Mexico in October...just anxious to know the price and to see if it's the same as the Jazz in England.
  • Annie

Old 08-12-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by MtViewGuy188
Annie,

Honda CEO Takeo Fukui has announced that the Honda Fit will be available in Mexico starting in October 2005, with the car directly sourced from Honda's recently-opened Brazil factory. Therefore, you might be able to buy one there.

But don't look for that model in the USA--when USA/Canada gets the Fit/Jazz in Spring 2006 it will be directly imported from Japan about the same time (if the rumors are correct) Honda officially unveils the second-generation Fit in Japan. The second-generation Fit/Jazz will be 20 mm longer than the current car and will sport a near-Civic width of 1695 mm; the wider body is probably because of considerations for American-sized passengers and also to acommodate strong side-impact protection and side-curtain airbags.
hehehe, excellent news! =)

Old 08-12-2005, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Annie Stirling
  • Thanks, yes i know that the Honda Fit is coming to Mexico in October...just anxious to know the price and to see if it's the same as the Jazz in England.
The Honda Fit you will get in Mexico will probably be like the Jazz sold in Europe with the 1.4-liter i-DSI I-4 engine rated at 84 ps--Honda will probably offer both normal CVT (no CVT-7!) and five-speed manuals for the Mexican market.

Old 08-13-2005, 04:48 AM
CVT-7 please, goddess let it be so.

Thanks, but i've already been told by a Honda dealer in Guadalajara that they will be getting the Fit in automatic which is the CVT-7. I have to have automatic and i would be delighted if it's the same as the European model as i've fallen in love with it here in England.

Annie

Old 08-13-2005, 07:39 AM
milkylog
Hi Annie, what is it you like most about the Fit?

Old 08-13-2005, 09:36 AM
I like I like

I really really like the way the seats fold for storage both between the front and the back when you fold them up OR on the floor when they fold forward...and it's soooooooooo easy to do it. Since i'm downsizing from a Plymouth Voyageur Grand, it will be challenging to get used to a mini, but hopefully the price will be right and the mileage sure looks good! The reports of repairs needed here are minimal. Hopefully it will be more suitable for a pension budget.

Also i'm always piling people in to take to the beach or from the airport and I sat three in the back here in a Jazz quite comfortably.

I also think it's kind of cute and distinctive looking...the adds are always saying that it's a car for youth so it's probably for me in my second childhood! Thanks for asking...I love talking about the results of all my research to prepare me for a car purchase when i go home to Mexico.
Annie

Old 08-13-2005, 01:07 PM
milkylog
Excellent! I am also hoping the Fit will be fun to drive like the old Honda Civics and CRX's in the early 90's..

Old 08-13-2005, 02:20 PM
Milkylog...you need to drive a 86/87 Gen 3 Civic Si or Gen 1 CRX Si to see what fun is in a small lightweight car. Hoping the Fit/Jazz will bring that kind of excitement back again.

Old 08-30-2005, 12:00 PM
Talking Many sides to the Jazz/Fit

The car is amazing, it looks stylish, yet practical but also cute and this is as standard!!! Its an all rounder, which not many cars are and when done up it has the potential to be a totally eye-catching, mind blowing ride!

Old 08-30-2005, 06:19 PM
i've had mine for 8months now..and so fari like it!