General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Alarm System

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 05:41 AM
Alarm System

So I have an '08 Fit Sport AT and was wondering if it has an alarm system where if someone breaks in it'll beep like crazy? If it doesn't, how much would it cost to go to the dealership to install one?

If I elect to do it myself, will the security system from this website (Honda Fit Accessories - Genuine 2007-2008 Honda Fit Accessories Shipped at Discount Prices) work? Only thing I'm concerned about is that it says I need keyless entry and I'm not sure if they are referring to any keyless entry or the keyless entry product they have directly above the security system on the website. Also, the install looks incredibly simple but in actuality is it?

Last edited by rpboy06; 06-01-2008 at 06:38 AM.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:34 AM
5 Year Member
[quote=rpboy06;327032]So I have an '08 Fit Sport AT and was wondering if it has an alarm system where if someone breaks in it'll beep like crazy? If it doesn't, how much would it cost to go to the dealership to install one?

My Fit Sport says it has a security system. I never looked into it til now but I think its an immobilizer system not a break-in alarm. And its not on the base model.
If the hood, door, tailgate,or audio disconnects the alarm goes off (horn) for about 20 seconds. Bumping the Fit can also initiate the alarm.
There is no glass breakage alarm.
Only the key button or switching the ignition on stops the alarm.
Because the reference voltage drops to zero that should immobilize the Fit as well.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
The sport Model has an alarm allready. To test yours roll down a window and the close the doors and hit the lock button on your remote. Then reach in unlock the door and open it. The horn should start beeping. Also you can see the alarm is armed when you use the remote and lock the doors, on the dash board there is a light that blinks, easy to see at night. The Sport alarm doesnt have any motion or shock sensor at least i dont think it does but is set to go off if any of the doors are opened without the key like useing a slim jim which theives use to unlock doors without a key. The alarm also disables the electric fuel pump so the car wont start. I would bother adding another alarm. You should get a discount on your insurance, its not much of a discount but hey its something.
Also when you lock the doors with the remote hit the lock button a second time and the horn should beep once, that tells you the alarm has been set. The alarm WONT set if any of the doors arent fully closed, like say you didnt get the door fully closed the alarm wont set.