General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Must have accessories and easy mods...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 04:12 AM
Must have accessories and easy mods...

What's up everyone?

I've had my Fit for nearly 6 months and still really enjoy driving it. I would however like the spruce it up a bit and get the most out of it visually and mechanically. I'm looking for some minor things I can do but just may not know about being that I'm not a huge car nut. I figured you guys could recommend some upgrades that maybe I hadn't considered. It's all stock at the moment and I'm not willing to upgrade the wheels or anything like that just yet. I'm thinking easy cosmetic changes and minor bolt ons. I'll be looking forward to your feedback!

PS: I've been sort of tempted lately to trade my Fit in towards an SI so I'm trying to spend a little time with her and show her some love. lol See if I can get the love flowin' a little bit more y'kno?

Old 06-05-2008, 05:52 AM
5 Year Member
Mugen visors: aerodynamically tested, make the car quiter while on freeway, looks cool. about 150 bucks.

lots of body parts made for the usdm version, including mugen replicas, spoilers, cf hoods etc.

as far as under hood stuff goes, a nice intake (hfit supa sucka, aem, tr1) with a nice header (j's racing, t1r, mugen) and a cat back or axle back (j's racing, spoon sports, mugen, t1r) would all be nice functional upgrades and will keep you enjoying your fit longer.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Retired Moderator
JDM Center Console with Armrest, JDM or Mugen Window Visors. Those are pretty simple!

Old 06-05-2008, 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
I know you said no wheels, but wheels are the one mod that will set your car off the most. Thats the first thing I did.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
as far as easy accessories, i recommend:

1) zeta deadpedal
2) aluminum typeR type shift knob (skunk2, collegehills.com)
3) chrome door handles
4) all the colorful trims on the doors
5) radar detector or scangauge2 or something electrical that flashes

6) highly recommend lowering your ride.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
skunk 2 shift knob (assuming your MT) makes shifting way smother and looks cool... cant get any easier to do either lol

Old 06-05-2008, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
all weather mats
lowering springs
wheels
tint
shift knob

Old 06-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Retired Moderator
Lowering springs is THE #1 best mod for money thing to do to the Fit IMO. Looks and performance, doesnt cost much at all.

Tyker

Old 06-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Thanks for all the info guys! Keep the ideas going if you can. Currently I just have the windows blacked out and have the all weather mats (not too pleased with those as they're already breaking down from my heel after 6 months of use so I ordered the carpet ones as back ups) but I am quite interested in the Mugen accessories. Do you guys have any good links for retailers or is eBay the main option? Also if you guys know of any great Fit upgrade threads that people have done so I can see this stuff please link those as well. I wish threads had star ratings on here. It's tough to dig through the forums for hours for the good stuff. Heh.

I thought about the intake but I'm worried about dealing with the max air flow sensor. I was just going to drop in a regular K&N filter tonight to see if that helped anything. Have you guys had any experience with those.

The only reason I nixed the wheels right now is because I like the ones I have for the moment. Maybe when I need to buy new tires I'll consider new wheels as well. Not really wanting to spend the cash on that at the moment.

Thanks for a the help guys. After looking at all the Civic SI stuff online last night I drove my Fit like a race car to work today. lol For a tiny little guy he does have a decent get up on the highway at times!

Old 06-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Making a intake is very very simple and would suggest that.

Wheels for looks

Just check out the pictures/videos thread and look for peoples photo threads.

Here is a link to mine.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...1-my-nhbp.html

Page 4 has the most recent pics tho.

All i have is intake I made myself. Wheels ( 17's ). 35% tint all around. tinted fog lights and tail lights, I painted my honda ( H ) logos black. I have a Megan axle back exhaust. That is all I think. I also have my manifold cover painted but no pics of it yet going to do that today.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by RynoZebz
Thanks for all the info guys! Keep the ideas going if you can. Currently I just have the windows blacked out and have the all weather mats (not too pleased with those as they're already breaking down from my heel after 6 months of use so I ordered the carpet ones as back ups) but I am quite interested in the Mugen accessories. Do you guys have any good links for retailers or is eBay the main option?
There's a ton of websites out there. For mugen parts theres kingmotorsports.com. Can try hondafittuner.com also. Theres a thread with a big list of websites somewhere, you can try searching for it, but those websites will give you a good start.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RynoZebz
Thanks for all the info guys! Keep the ideas going if you can. Currently I just have the windows blacked out and have the all weather mats (not too pleased with those as they're already breaking down from my heel after 6 months of use so I ordered the carpet ones as back ups) but I am quite interested in the Mugen accessories. Do you guys have any good links for retailers or is eBay the main option? Also if you guys know of any great Fit upgrade threads that people have done so I can see this stuff please link those as well. I wish threads had star ratings on here. It's tough to dig through the forums for hours for the good stuff. Heh.

I thought about the intake but I'm worried about dealing with the max air flow sensor. I was just going to drop in a regular K&N filter tonight to see if that helped anything. Have you guys had any experience with those.

The only reason I nixed the wheels right now is because I like the ones I have for the moment. Maybe when I need to buy new tires I'll consider new wheels as well. Not really wanting to spend the cash on that at the moment.

Thanks for a the help guys. After looking at all the Civic SI stuff online last night I drove my Fit like a race car to work today. lol For a tiny little guy he does have a decent get up on the highway at times!

kingmotorsports and panducky motorsports are good sites to get the mugen stuff, everthing from spoilers to wheels. check the vendors section too, places like ajracing are great as well.

I agree with illusives list, as that is more 'fitting' (pun totally intended ) for what you want to do, which involves more accesories rather than all out performance parts. the armrest is a great upgrade too!

I have to disagree with some posters here though: lowering springs without matched shocks will just eventually lead to a so-so ride, and actually LOWER performance than a matched shock set up. There are very few options for us in this regard, but there are a few coilovers by companies including hks and t1r, and mugen and j's racing make matches suspension set ups. just mo.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
K&N filters flow better, but as a general rule, any better-flowing filter will let more contaminants in. I like higher-flowing intakes as part of an overall I/H/E system. Also, the oil in the filter can potentially coat sensors and the inner piping over time (especially if you over-oil upon cleaning it). Personally, I have never had any problems, but this could be because I tend to change intakes all the time, and have never run one for longer than six months to a year. Living in dusty AZ, I've been hesitant to run one (especially with the monsoons upon us), but I'll be giving the T1R one a try in the coming weeks.

I second the vote for the JDM center console. Best mod I've done (along with the JDM LED tails). The cupholders are small, though, so don't expect it to hold large drinks (or "mediums" at Jack in the Box ) well.

-Mike

Old 06-05-2008, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
actually the carpet matts will get eaten through even quicker.

the factory a/s floor mats are the way to go for us MT fans.

eldaino is correct on the lowering springs and performance. lowering
springs are for appearance. you can't really achieve "improved" performance on just progressive rate springs on stock dampers.

if you want performance keep it stock or go with springs with matching
dampers or coilovers. typically i think coilovers are overkill for street, but
for our Fit's there's not many offerings for dampers so just went with
the EnduraTechs.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
You guys are obsessed with lowering lol!!!!!!!

the dead pedal is a definite must have. Only thing I am not crazy about with the Zeta one is the angle of the pedal is too steep. It's better than not having it there though. Its probably better for shorter people as is, but at 6'1" my ankle is at a sharp angle that gets annoying after a while. I am going to try and get together with a bud and weld up a new one with a different angle to see if its more comfortable.

The K&N dropin is OK, doesnt really do much other than having a washable filter. I ordered an AFE intake, should be here the end of the week. I went with the non oiling filter too.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
rod- wat you need is a telescoping steering wheel, i think.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Thanks again for all the feedback.

I'm considering a new exhaust but am concerned that this might screw with my factory warranty. I'd guess an air intake would be great to go along with that but the factory warranty is a concern there as well since I've heard that the air intakes can cause problems with the air flow sensors. And then there's the problem of which one to get. My friend recommended the exhaust that the Honda dealers install on the Fit. I think it's like $250. But I'd like to know more about that first before I even consider it.

In reference to the floor mats... I just think the carpet ones look sharper. Every time I put my foot down on my clean all weather mats they look dirty. lol

Old 06-05-2008, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
who cares about exhaust warranty...its so cheap to replace i dont think you should worry about it.

pssh you just have to be smart when your going back to the honda dealership for warranty. just make sure you put your stock intake back on.it takes literally 5 mins to take off and put on another intake. 10 min max if your struggling. it doesnt mess with the air flow sensors one little bit. unless you end up sucking up water which is kinda hard to do.

tint, is nice. if you dont want dark...just make sure you get limo on the hatch. the benifits are nice when people high bright you...and it doesnt even phase ya.

lowering....like i said about warranty....i wouldnt worry about suspension warranty. the only thing that it will void is the shocks/struts, but they are so shysty about that..you wont even be covered if you had stock springs.

visors- they are handy and it looks super nice.

jdm armrest- its nice to have a right lean and rest your arm.

nice and easy.......

oh yeah paint your foglight housins flat black(matte black)

Old 06-05-2008, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
forget the honda axle back.

really if thats your budget for an exhaust. go to a local exhaust shop(that is reputable) and get them to weld you up a 2.25" pipes with a 16" resonator/glass pack and a 4x9 magnaflow muffler. it will have a nice deep tone, yet somewhat quiet. and it will cost you around 240 and gains will be nice.

figuring that they charge 85 bucks for the muffler . 2 dollors per inch for the resonator/glasspack and then labor plus pipes.

or you can go with the aspec auto axle backs for like 210 shipped.looks nice, simple and easy.

and the honda one is F-word ugly. over priced....just plain jane not worth buying in my opinion.

Old 06-05-2008, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
rod- wat you need is a telescoping steering wheel, i think.
if I had that I could drive from the back seat lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About the Honda exhaust, I just put it on the other day, its not loud at all, just a slight tone over stock, which was exactly what I was after. I will try and get a sound clip and post it tonite.

Quick Reply: Must have accessories and easy mods...