General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Cargo dimensions

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Cargo dimensions

Can someone who has an '08 Fit take out a tape measure and give me a couple of dimensions? I know the cargo dimension in cubic feet from the website, but I'd like to know the width and depth of the cargo area (on the floor) with the back row of seats up. I tried calling the local dealership and they wouldn't go out and measure; they told me to come in and I could measure it myself. Of course, I'm not in the market for a car (knock on wood); I drive my cars into the ground, so I'm just doing this as research for my "future" car, so I don't want to go into the dealership and deal with their BS. Thanks.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:31 AM
cargo area

My wife bought a 2'x3' oriental rug to cover the floor back there. It fits nearly perfectly with about an inch space all around.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:28 AM
Cool, thanks.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:40 PM
Floor depth great, but what about further up?

So what I'm wondering is:

What's the depth (front-to-back) of storage at the height of the tops of the back seat? And how high above the floor is that?

Thanks...

Old 06-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by mpb2000
Can someone who has an '08 Fit take out a tape measure and give me a couple of dimensions? I know the cargo dimension in cubic feet from the website, but I'd like to know the width and depth of the cargo area (on the floor) with the back row of seats up. I tried calling the local dealership and they wouldn't go out and measure; they told me to come in and I could measure it myself. Of course, I'm not in the market for a car (knock on wood); I drive my cars into the ground, so I'm just doing this as research for my "future" car, so I don't want to go into the dealership and deal with their BS. Thanks.
Honestly, did you expect them to do legwork for you without the chance of selling you a car? Besides, current size means nothing if you aren't buying soon, the 2009 is going to be a new body style meaning new dimensions. You should really take some time off the internet and get out in the real world for this kind of thing.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by bonsaikc
Honestly, did you expect them to do legwork for you without the chance of selling you a car? Besides, current size means nothing if you aren't buying soon, the 2009 is going to be a new body style meaning new dimensions. You should really take some time off the internet and get out in the real world for this kind of thing.
Uh, yeah I know there's a new body design for '09, real helpful answer. Do you think I would post on these forums if I didn't know that? And if my car doesn't die for 5 more years, there will be a new body design or, more than likely, the fit won't even exist in the same form it does now. I was looking to find someone much more helpful than you who has a fit that would take 5 minutes to measure their cargo area. And guess what, I did! I called the same dealership the next day and got a different person on the phone who gladly went outside and gave me the dimensions, which are 42" wide by 27" deep. Didn't even ask if I was going to be buying a car. And since you own a fit, in the time it took for you to write your worthless post, you could have gone outside, measured your cargo area and posted it, even if it's not an '08. Call it curiosity, if you want; I'm simply comparing cars. You never know when your car is going to blow a head gasket or something major like that where it just isn't worth fixing, forcing you to buy a car when you weren't expecting too. You have to be ready for those things in life. Go troll someone else's thread.

Last edited by mpb2000; 06-29-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:45 PM
sam
Super Moderator
Simplistic measures of cargo space:
- about 4ft across, about 3ft 3in high, and about 2ft 2in deep.
note: Others would come up with different measures depening on max/min/opening considerations.

For information useful for any specific purpose, it might be helpful to have members talk about what they have carried.

6 bags for 3 people on vacation packed in there tight.
Lawn mower fits in there fine on the fancy cargo floormat.

I'll get back out there and look at the back seat

Last edited by sam; 06-30-2008 at 11:53 PM. Reason: adjusted
Old 08-04-2008, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
storage

mpb--

for what it's worth, I never cease to be amazed at what will fit in there. last weekend I bought a new storm door from Home Depot, 32" x 80" plus the box (styrofoam, hardware), so probably 33" x 84". I put the back seats flat and the front seat all the way back and it went in nearly upright but with a bit of an angle. There were a couple inches to spare between the box and the glove box. Unbelievable!

(Darn it again, shoulda thought to take a picture of that)

Old 08-11-2008, 11:27 AM
5 Year Member
Talking

Originally Posted by dyussen
mpb--

for what it's worth, I never cease to be amazed at what will fit in there. last weekend I bought a new storm door from Home Depot, 32" x 80" plus the box (styrofoam, hardware), so probably 33" x 84". I put the back seats flat and the front seat all the way back and it went in nearly upright but with a bit of an angle. There were a couple inches to spare between the box and the glove box. Unbelievable!

(Darn it again, shoulda thought to take a picture of that)
So a piece was damaged and I ended up repacking and returning to exchange this. Lucky for me, I was able to recapture that million dollar moment when I realized this thing would actually fit in Mr Fit!

The Fit never fails to let me down on cargo capabilities.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
Dimensions with back seats folded flat?

Does someone know the actual rear cargo measurements of a 2008 Fit Sport with the rear seats folded down? I've looked online and can only find the cubic measurements. I'd go measure it myself but the car is away with my son at college. I'm wondering if he can go buy and haul a futon back to his dorm.