General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Its seems like some of yall are..............

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Wink Its seems like some of yall are..............

Having trouble getting your fit. (ie. Having to wait, Mark up, etc) mine was easy, i went to the dealership. test drove a non-sport. loved it. asked if they had a sport. she said yes. looked at it. bought it for MSRP............ whew, wasnt that easy

Old 07-03-2008, 11:30 AM
My local dealer hasn't had an unspoken for Fit on the lot in the 2008 calendar year. I've been mulling over getting one since October. They haven't had one to drive yet. Go figure, they're in no rush to bend to the will of my $$.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Banned
Then don't bother with a test drive. Trust the more than 20,000 fitfreak members- you'll enjoy the car. Its popularity isn't going to go down as the gas prices keep going up, and your chances of a leisurely buying experience are pretty slim.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:14 PM
I disagree I think you should always test drive a car before you buy it. Unless it is going to be like a classic project car or something of that nature.

Find another dealer to hit up and see if they have one to test drive.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:46 PM
^^^Agreed. Always test drive the car before you buy, you never know what you may discover. And even more importantly never let the popularity of a car dictate whether or not YOU should have one. Five years ago you couldn't test drive a Ford Expedition and we all know where that road ended. The internet can be a powerful ally in finding a car to test drive, just be ready for a long drive to find one.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
I had test drove two base models and one sport (3 test drives) from 3 different dealerships before I decided to buy the fit...

Old 07-03-2008, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MemphisFit
Having trouble getting your fit. (ie. Having to wait, Mark up, etc) mine was easy, i went to the dealership. test drove a non-sport. loved it. asked if they had a sport. she said yes. looked at it. bought it for MSRP............ whew, wasnt that easy
That's because you are in TN where everyone drive a pick-up truck/conferate flag/gun in the back window.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Not me.
I went picked one out of the twenty or so they had and bought it.
Simple.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
Researched a week or two after deciding to buy a new vehicle..test drove a sport that sold that afternoon, next day test drove a BBP just off the truck still with everything wrapped up and had to pull the plastic off the seatand that was the one I bought . Worse part was waiting for the service department to finish prepping for delivery...well maybe the worse part was the finance guy trying to sell extras...

Old 07-03-2008, 04:50 PM
I would definitely test drive one. As said before you never know what might annoy you in a car. 15k+ is a big invesetment not to be 100% sure about it. I myself am one of the ones who is waiting but thats because they didn't have the color I wanted.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Whats a "yall"??

Old 07-03-2008, 06:51 PM
yall=you all

i didnt have any trouble getting my car. the only thing that took a lil time was the prepping and paperwork. about 2-3 hours

Old 07-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Finding a Fit wasn't the problem for me, it was finding a MT Sport that was the problem

Old 07-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by InternDoc
That's because you are in TN where everyone drive a pick-up truck/conferate flag/gun in the back window.
I would rush to his defense, but realizing I am in Texas and had no trouble either probably just proves a point.

I test drove a Fit, but not the one I ended up buying. I think it's important to at least get the feel of the car. It may not match your driving style, and that would be rough to find out after purchase. I've always driven small cars, and prefer them over the SUV or even coupes.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:03 AM
yall=you all
That doesn't make any sense either.
"You all"??
Did "you all" have trouble buying a Fit????
I don't get it.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by manxman
Then don't bother with a test drive. Trust the more than 20,000 fitfreak members- you'll enjoy the car. Its popularity isn't going to go down as the gas prices keep going up, and your chances of a leisurely buying experience are pretty slim.
I completely disagree, especially when your talking about the Fit. It does not drive like most cars (VERY bumpy ride), sloshing gas tank, no dead pedal, no center arm rest. These could grow quite irritating if you didn't know what to expect. I would take it on a LONG test drive and really check it out before shelling out the $$$$.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by ricohman
"You all"??
I don't get it.
Yall don't get what?

Old 07-04-2008, 09:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ricohman
"You all"??
I don't get it.
I hope you're joking...

"You all" refers directly to group of people, like "You guys."

Old 07-04-2008, 09:52 AM
5 Year Member
I always bought used cars before the Fit. With a used car you have to adjust your style to fit the car. I had no doubt that I would be able to adjust myself to the peculiarities of the fit. I test drove just to make sure I "fit". It did take about 6 weeks before I felt comfortable with the reach to the steering wheel and the position of the seat.
Since every car is different, you get used to the car you've been driving and have to adjust, no matter what you buy.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:57 AM
What? If it were plural, he would have used the plural, i.e., "all y'all."

Quick Reply: Its seems like some of yall are..............