General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Airbag light problem fixed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
Airbag light problem fixed!!!

So after swapping my new head unit in yesterday, went out last night and my airbag light on the dash was on. Figured I knocked something loose or whatever when doing the radio. I have the 08 FSM, so followed their steps for testing a light on issue. Had to get to the SRS box under the center console. All looked well there, and since the other spot listed to check was at the top of the intrument cluster, and I had not done anything wiring wise near there, didn't bother to tackle that. Checked the airbag connection behind the glove box, that looked fine. So pretty much had given up and figured I'd be hitting the dealer this week. SO I am out tonite, and for some reason on the scangauge the VOLT reading seemed like it was a little lower than it had been. So figured I would turn on the AC to see if it went up a little, NO AC. WTF!!! Push the button to turn on the rear defroster, nothing! So after first being really pissed that all this stuff is not working, I got even more pissed off realizing what happened! I never plugged the 2 harnesses back in for the ac/defroster and the pass airbag off light. Jeez what a moron I am!!!!! Glad I didnt end up at the dealer paying who knows what just to have them plug a harness in. Unreal!! Well at least I know I can get the console out rather easily if I ever decide to get a JDM one. I'll get around to snapping some pics of the new headunit the next day or so and post in the appropriate section. Thanks for reading about my idiotic blunder lol!