General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

DO NOT take your fit to car wash

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by y2ks2k
Im the type of person that would put plates on my Fit that say "keyThis". If people want to screw with cars... fine... key the Fit... but dont F with the Z06 or 911 in the garage.
your mom and dads?

Old 07-20-2008, 10:47 PM
I’m fully aware that most people are not actually *checking me out* when I drive a Fit so keeping the car clean at all times is not a priority.

This is very telling and help explain your earlier post. Thanks.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
ug, I bought my Fit so that I didnt have to worry about owning the thing. It’s a friggen $16K eco car. Hell, I had some guys dent the thing last time I took it into a car wash. They basically hit it so hard on the rear panel they dented it a bit... so what... I’ll go there again next time. People need to loosen up with this car, there’s not a single person on the road thats going to say.. oh look a Fit with a small dent... oh noz! Now, they might thing... oh look... a Ferrari with a small dent.. ouch. Ya'll need to just get over it, take the Fit to the car wash. $5 vs 1 hour of your ,00own time that ever at min wage is what $7 an hour. Who cars. Live without worrying about your car, especially the Fit. Sorry, but this car just does not justify a hand car wash at $20.. Christ its a Honda Fit.

$16,000 is still MONEY right ? So are you saying you only take care of your car only if it's expensive ? I dont care if I buy a new/used, I will take care of her with care...it's just me. I worked hard for my money...

Old 07-20-2008, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
i agree, maybe the fit isnt a $50,000 car, but i still paid alot for it, and i want it to look perfect all the time, sorry if i take pride in what i do have...

Old 07-20-2008, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
mhmm, for some of us that aren't bustin the 6figure marks it's our baby. If you wanna be noticed in it which I wouldn't mind and already have I'ma keep that shiznit clean.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Dunno about everyone else, but I've been washing only once a month lately. Can't really hurt spending time to wash/wax/detail once every month. 2 hrs per month doesn't seem like alot of time so I might as well go all out and make it look like it's worth it. BTW. Microfiber cloths are worth it. They rarely leave scratches. And I never ever got a single scratch from microfiber. Also, if you take care of them, they'll last for a a pretty long time.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:26 AM
Super Moderator
ug, I bought my Fit so that I didnt have to worry about owning the thing. It’s a friggen $16K eco car. Hell, I had some guys dent the thing last time I took it into a car wash. They basically hit it so hard on the rear panel they dented it a bit... so what... I’ll go there again next time. People need to loosen up with this car, there’s not a single person on the road thats going to say.. oh look a Fit with a small dent... oh noz! Now, they might thing... oh look... a Ferrari with a small dent.. ouch. Ya'll need to just get over it, take the Fit to the car wash. $5 vs 1 hour of your own time that ever at min wage is what $7 an hour. Who cars. Live without worrying about your car, especially the Fit. Sorry, but this car just does not justify a hand car wash at $20.. Christ its a Honda Fit.
To you it may just be a piece of shit car that doesn't deserve any loving or care. That's fine you may have another car that you realy enjoy and got the Fit for DD. The rest of us the Fit is our baby and we want to do every thing we can to keep it looking good. So spending a hour hand washing there car is completely reasonable.

Last edited by MNfit; 07-21-2008 at 12:33 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:18 AM
It's a car. It won't be new forever. Sad, but true.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:23 AM
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
I go to DIY's a lot. I use the pressure wash part only. I bring my own bucket, soap, and mit.

haha i do the same thing

Old 07-21-2008, 09:29 AM

As I stated in an earlier post, my one and only trip to a drive-through car wash resulted in the left front panel being ripped off when my Fit was less than two months old! Talk about being pissed!

Old 07-21-2008, 05:22 PM
tin
5 Year Member
I washed my last car about 2 times in 6 years. The Fit I think I washed about once a month, or whenever it's really dirty and the weather is good. It's the differences between an old and new car.

Old 07-21-2008, 05:59 PM
Banned
I have owned two cars costing well under $5K with over 90,000 miles, my old Jetta GL and my 97 Avenger ES V6. Even so I still wash them once a week minimum.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Cool out!

Originally Posted by MNfit
To you it may just be a piece of shit car that doesn't deserve any loving or care. That's fine you may have another car that you realy enjoy and got the Fit for DD. The rest of us the Fit is our baby and we want to do every thing we can to keep it looking good. So spending a hour hand washing there car is completely reasonable.
Why is everyone getting so worked up. My last new car was an 1985 Toyota MR2 and I saved for two years to buy the fit with cash. It's VERY precious to me and I hand wash it. On the other hand dings and road s#$t will happen. My Blackberry Pearl paint shows EVERYTHING! The bottom line is it is just a car. MY CAR and a car I love and rely on but some people are more relaxed about car car and they may live longer than I do. To each his own. S&%T happens!

Old 07-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by solbrothers
do you understand what a "rubbing compound" or "polishing compound" or "wax" is doing?
im sure that you think you know what you are talking about since you have to post a reply in EVERY topic that is on these forums but in this case the meguires 3 stage system has a paint cleaner (removes dirt from paint) a polish (helps buff out scratches) and a wax (protects and shines)...trust me i have used 3m and a lot of other waxes and nothing compares to the meguires........as far as someone getting scratches from a car wash, if you take your car to a place that has large spinning brushes that "beat" the dirt off your car or if you go to a diy wash and take a "push broom" to your car you really shouldn't get on here and bitch about getting scratches on your car.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:05 PM
Im the type of person that would put plates on my Fit that say "keyThis". If people want to screw with cars... fine... key the Fit... but dont F with the Z06 or 911 in the garage.
i totally agree....wouldn't want the prick mobiles to get all scratched up.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
I wash my car every week because I enjoy washing it. I love my Fit because it's got personality, not because it's got a huge price tag. But, I’ll tell you one thing, if I had a Z06 or a Porsche 911 I wouldn’t keep them garaged and out of sight. So, I hope you take those cars out sometimes and have some fun with them. Otherwise, you might as well buy a second house as well and never live it.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
Try using a clay bar first, then polish followed by wax. Worked really well on friends car that had the same problem.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by Flyin172s
I wash my car every week because I enjoy washing it. I love my Fit because it's got personality, not because it's got a huge price tag. But, I’ll tell you one thing, if I had a Z06 or a Porsche 911 I wouldn’t keep them garaged and out of sight. So, I hope you take those cars out sometimes and have some fun with them. Otherwise, you might as well buy a second house as well and never live it.
On the internet you can have any cars you want in your garage!

Old 07-21-2008, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ProMed
On the internet you can have any cars you want in your garage!
ROFL

Old 07-21-2008, 09:21 PM
laser jet FTW! no brusher or scrubbin bubbles for mee =P

Quick Reply: DO NOT take your fit to car wash