General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

DO NOT take your fit to car wash

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tin
I washed my last car about 2 times in 6 years. The Fit I think I washed about once a month, or whenever it's really dirty and the weather is good. It's the differences between an old and new car.
same here. i washed it every week for the first month or so. after that, its only when im driving someone/somewhere important

Old 07-22-2008, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by feddup
Why is everyone getting so worked up. My last new car was an 1985 Toyota MR2 and I saved for two years to buy the fit with cash. It's VERY precious to me and I hand wash it. On the other hand dings and road s#$t will happen. My Blackberry Pearl paint shows EVERYTHING! The bottom line is it is just a car. MY CAR and a car I love and rely on but some people are more relaxed about car car and they may live longer than I do. To each his own. S&%T happens!
I'm not all worked up, im just saying that you may not see the point in making a big fuss about spending a hour+ hand washing a Fit but other people do. I for one love my car and wish I had more time to spend hand washing it and taking care of it. most the time I only have time to run it threw the touch less car was across the street. I also do except the fact that the car will not be show room quality forever it already has all sorts of rock chips on the front and side of the car. It is a real bumper to see those chips on the car but its going to happen when the car is driven every day on the roads. They thing that realy bothers my is when other people dont give a damn and bump, scratch and dent my car or when stupid things like a car wash scratching or damaging the car is when I get all upset and frustrated.

Last edited by MNfit; 07-22-2008 at 10:22 AM.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:33 AM
5 Year Member
I take my Fit, and any other car I have had, through the car wash usually once or twice a week, and I have never had issues with scratches or anything, and this is the type of car wash with the spinning brushes (they look more like sponges than brushes as this place). Guess it all depends where you go. I also wax my cars a few times a year, whenever I can find some free time.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:29 PM
tolerance

Originally Posted by MNfit
I'm not all worked up, im just saying that you may not see the point in making a big fuss about spending a hour+ hand washing a Fit but other people do. I for one love my car and wish I had more time to spend hand washing it and taking care of it. most the time I only have time to run it threw the touch less car was across the street. I also do except the fact that the car will not be show room quality forever it already has all sorts of rock chips on the front and side of the car. It is a real bumper to see those chips on the car but its going to happen when the car is driven every day on the roads. They thing that realy bothers my is when other people dont give a damn and bump, scratch and dent my car or when stupid things like a car wash scratching or damaging the car is when I get all upset and frustrated.
I had just hoped to see more tolerance. I wash my Blackberry Pearl fit, by hand, once a week. Every four months or so I've clay barred, polished (light abrasive for scratch removal) and then applied a polymer coating. Despite the fact that the BBP paint shows everything it's remained close to perfect. I still, however, miss the silver and champagne cars I has in the past. Those colors hid S%!T so well that I could go months without any real care at all. It just seems many fitFREAKs are intolerant to people who approach things differently than themselves. Care for the cars how you see fit it's your vehicle! The vehicle will display the level of care it's shown.