General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

honda ignoring the fit

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 02:05 AM
honda ignoring the fit

I saw the new honda commercial for the 08 clearence.... i was ready to kick myself for getting my fit a month ago and not waiting... until i noticed the fit is one of the only models not on sale... i guesse its to hot and they can afford to ignore the fit... not sure
Current Offers - the Official Honda Web Site

Old 07-21-2008, 02:14 AM
I read somewhere that the average lifespan of a fit on the dealer parking lot has been about 11 days, then it's sold. Some dealers don't even have fits on the lot. They have to order more. So how do you have a clearance sale for cars you don't have on the lot? lol

I've seen fit comercials, but there's no statement about clearance.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:26 AM
God I want Honda to not even acknowledge the existance of the Fit. I ****ing love this car and I don't want to see it driven around all over the place like Civics.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:49 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
yeah i want the fit to stay REALLY un-popular, which may sound weird, but it's true.
i want the price to go down also hehe

Old 07-21-2008, 03:22 AM
I, too, hate everything that is popular and always want to feel like a beautiful and unique snowflake.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:43 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
exactly

Old 07-21-2008, 03:45 AM
5 Year Member
I talked with the dealer where I bought my fit... ALL of the fits that come in on the truck are pre-orders. They havn't gotten any that are up for grabs that aren't used.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by CorrodesTheFilm
I, too, hate everything that is popular and always want to feel like a beautiful and unique snowflake.
Just like all of us!

Old 07-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by scorpmatt
I talked with the dealer where I bought my fit... ALL of the fits that come in on the truck are pre-orders. They havn't gotten any that are up for grabs that aren't used.
+1... i mentioned the clearance thing and my salesman laughed.

my dealer had 6 incoming Fits for next week, and he said that would probably be the last shipment until the 09's, and 4 of those 6 were spoken for.

if anyone wants an 08, you better get it done in the next few weeks!

Old 07-21-2008, 10:42 AM
Just got mine...

...Just bought my fit on Friday (the 18th). There was 5 remaining on the lot (all MT - mine was the only sport left) of 30 that had been delivered for July. Mine had been on the lot for less than a week…. I guess if they are moving like that, then Honda doesn't really need to discount them.

While I was shopping I saw several used Fits with 10-25k miles that were selling for more than I paid new. Of the three dealers that I looked at, the one where I bought was the only one that hadn't added a "market adjustment" of $1000+ into the vehicle price.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GD3_4_EVER
I saw the new honda commercial for the 08 clearence.... i was ready to kick myself for getting my fit a month ago and not waiting... until i noticed the fit is one of the only models not on sale... i guesse its to hot and they can afford to ignore the fit... not sure

If you notice, they rarely advertise the Fit. That's because it's one of those cars that sells itself. Why waste money on more commercials or extra minutes on an existing one on a car that sells itself, right?

Old 07-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Retired Moderator
Its becuase they dont need to do any sales at all to move Fits off the lot. Instead of having a sale on them, some delaers are marking them up and they are still moving.

Tyler

Old 07-21-2008, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
I bought my Red Fit Sport saturday the 19th the car was delivered on the 17th the dealer did their check on the 18th I drove it off the lot with 7.3 miles on it. I search all of Kentucky Ohio and indiana to find Two MT fit sports on red and one blue. It was an easy choice buy it now or suffer the unknown of the 09

Old 07-21-2008, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
I shopped at four Fit dealerships in the greater north of Boston area. One had none and a long waiting list, said doubtful would be able to get 08s anymore. The second had none but had one on the way (orange) I could have actually bought at MSRP. Too bad I didn't like orange. A third had two Fits but had a 1400 dollar markup that basically consisted of Lojack and a Symanize paint job. The other where I bought mine actually had seven Fits on the lot although four were black and I "only" had to pay $400 extra for a couple of small over priced accessories on a blue model. They had a few more Civics but weren't discounting those either. Called two Scion dealers but none had the XD in stock a car I wanted to compare to the Fit. Boy did the finance guy where I bought mine really push the extended warranty in which the deluxe package was over three grand. Said 98 percent bought the package. I said I guess I would be in the two percent that didn't. Any of you guys buy the extended warranty?

Old 07-21-2008, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
Isn't the profit on the Fit to Honda and dealerships incredibly small? Discounting somethings like that would probably get rid of any or all profits. That and they're selling like hot-cakes.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
they dont want them to be put on clearance because they are so good on gas. my brother works at honda and i didnt even get his discount cause they said the fit is too good on gas

Old 07-21-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by TOOL
Its becuase they dont need to do any sales at all to move Fits off the lot. Instead of having a sale on them, some delaers are marking them up and they are still moving.

Tyler
quoted for truf. why put a fast selling item on sale? seriously? if they mark DOWN an item that sells fast when its priced HIGH anyway, why even bother to lower the price?

the dealership in my area looks as though its having a rough time selling certain cars (civics, elements, etc) and i'm having trouble getting a fit because they all have a deposit before they arrive or they are gone within the first two or three days.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:31 PM
I hope to see alot more fits on order for the 09's, since they are so hot they would make a fortune by selling in volume (like hyundai does) without bullcrap extra junk... if a sales peson says 98% of people buy a $3000 option they are full of it... dont fall for those lies.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GD3_4_EVER
They're not ignoring the Fit. Like any self-respecting business they don't discount products that need no help to sell.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
Just saw the television commerical. They showed the fit!! what liars...

Quick Reply: honda ignoring the fit