General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.
View Poll Results: Which Color 09 Fit Sport Should I Purchase?
TAFFETA WHITE
66.05%
STORM SILVER METALLIC
33.95%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

My 09 SSM or TW Fit, You Decide!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Post My 09 SSM or TW Fit, You Decide!

I am still going back and forth daily between confirming with the dealership GM on an SSM or TW 09 Fit. Planning to get the 5-speed Sport w/ Nav & VSA.

Both look almost equally "good" to me, with maybe a slight nod to the TW. Items of most importance to me are the inside temps during the summer, paint durability, & frequency of washing required.

The car will be used for my business traveling to operating rooms across Western NC. Will be averaging 200+ miles per day, and it is important that the car maintain a "professional" appearance. So I will probably not be getting a CF hood and giant wing! However I will be getting the windows tinted as dark as legal for sure to help keep myself and temperature sensitive surgical instruments and equipment cool.

Hope to work out all my options now to help squash as much of the eventual buyer's remorse as possible post purchase. Have already created seperated folders with hundreds of pics from this site of the SSM & TM Fits!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated with rep given!

Old 07-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Retired Moderator
Wait it out for the TW 09 man. Over all the car will be more comfy with new seats, dead pead, arm rest, more power for freeway(or City), better handling, more options, and OEM Honda Nav.
It will be better in almost everyway man. Wait it out!

EDIT-Ohhh its just about color hahaha. I thought it was about 08, or 09. hah!

get TW!

Tyler

Old 07-22-2008, 12:31 PM
i voted TW... i guess the only drawback is the possibility of stains or dirt etc, but you're gonna keep it clean right?

i love white hondas with red badges. just looks right.

Old 07-22-2008, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
TW FTW

It's what I want.

Or the MR.

or black

or blue sensation

uh....

Old 07-22-2008, 03:42 PM
"Youngest FitFreak"(without a Fit)
5 Year Member
Go TW for sure. If you go ssm it will look like all the other 08 fits (not like its a bad thing, i like the 08 better) rather than the rare 07 TW fits.
Now where is my rep point.

Old 07-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Banned
Get the taffy white, white is gonna look cleaner longer plus a nice tint will really set it off.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:12 PM
Having owned and maintained (with obsessive regularity)a white car, 91 Camaro, and silver cars 01 Elantra, 04 Jetta Wagon, 07 Mazda 5. I will tell you to avoid the white car! They look better than almost anything WHEN they are clean but you will go broke washing the damn thing. Silver hides dirt extremely well, they look clean when they aren't and when they are cleaned and waxed they glow in the sunshine. The only thing better is VBP! Of course I'm biased on that one.....

Old 07-22-2008, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
go with the white fit.

its soo hard. and so easy to make everything flow together.

white !!!

Old 07-23-2008, 08:26 AM
5 Year Member
I have tint on my TW Fit. I love the look, but the white is hard to keep clean. I go to school in NC and if you are dring a lot, you are gonna get a lot of bugs on your car. The white is not what you want when you are going to hit bugs on the highway for a couple of hours. Get the silver.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:22 AM
5 Year Member
Go with the TW! Silver is bor-ing!

Old 07-23-2008, 10:30 AM
voting tw

have o7 tw with window tint. no complaints with paint at this point. has the light tan upholstery. neat litlle package, easy on the eyes.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by edjosh23
I have tint on my TW Fit. I love the look, but the white is hard to keep clean. I go to school in NC and if you are dring a lot, you are gonna get a lot of bugs on your car. The white is not what you want when you are going to hit bugs on the highway for a couple of hours. Get the silver.
Good info, thanks for sharing. Seems there is some conflicting information from regarding the ability to keep the TW "clean", So I assume the SSM would hide the bugs a little better? Whenever you get chips in the paint, such as on the nose, what color is the plastic under the paint that has chipped? Black?

Thank you also to everyone else for the tips, rep has been given! Any other advice would be appreciated.

Old 07-23-2008, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
I've got chips, hopefully the 09 will have better paint, but i have quite a few. I would recommend getting the clear 3M cover that many members have gotten. If put on properly, is not only totally invisible but you won't get chips. If I were to do it all over again, I'de definately do that. My chips... looks like rust under the paint !!! I'm going to get it fixed soon. I think with darker cars you don't see the bugs as well, but at the same time you see more pollen. My last car was a silver Audi A4, much easier to keep looking clean.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by edjosh23
I've got chips, hopefully the 09 will have better paint, but i have quite a few. I would recommend getting the clear 3M cover that many members have gotten. If put on properly, is not only totally invisible but you won't get chips. If I were to do it all over again, I'de definately do that. My chips... looks like rust under the paint !!! I'm going to get it fixed soon. I think with darker cars you don't see the bugs as well, but at the same time you see more pollen. My last car was a silver Audi A4, much easier to keep looking clean.
So once the paint chips off it is a darker color underneath?

Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Silver does not show dirt as much and definitely easier to take care of. However, the TW Fit is so classic and if you rock the red H emblem - sweet! I really love the TW Fit and got to see one on the local Honda lot and it was really pretty. If you are not into detailing and washing, I would go with the silver but if you like that end of car ownership the TW would be the way to go. Slammed with tint it is one hot looking Fit!

Cat

Old 07-24-2008, 09:49 AM
Looks like, TW has taken a comanding lead so far with 75 members votings. Thank for the votes everyone!

Old 07-24-2008, 09:31 PM
I love my SSM fit and i would never go with any other color even though
there are so many SSM's around... although i've always owned silver cars!

Old 07-25-2008, 12:13 AM
The Fit is a subcompact... How long does it take to wash--about 6 minutes?

Go White!

Old 07-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Thanks for all the responses guys, +rep has been given!

Poll results so far with 102 of you responding:

TW- (70 votes) - 68.63%

SSM- (32 votes) - 31.37%

Old 07-26-2008, 01:20 PM
Created by phil_qc:

Quick Reply: My 09 SSM or TW Fit, You Decide!