General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.
View Poll Results: Which Color 09 Fit Sport Should I Purchase?
TAFFETA WHITE
66.05%
STORM SILVER METALLIC
33.95%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

My 09 SSM or TW Fit, You Decide!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Well after 17 days with 145 of you responding it looks like Tafetta White FTW, so that is what I will be getting.

Tafetta White (94 responses) 64.83%
Silve Storm (51) 35.17%

I just spoke with my buddy helping me about the 09 Fit who said they currently only have one Nav model coming in under their first allotment and it is SSM w/ Auto. As soon as they can get a TW w/ 5-speed and Nav it's mine!

Thanks for your replies!

Old 08-22-2008, 01:53 AM
Dude good luck with the dealership ordering any manuals in the color you want. Apparently the manuals dont sell as well to the general masses. And if you want to stand out from general masses the blend in silver not be great for being unique. Have fun with tw. I still would order one to make sure your are actually getting one in your desired combo some time this year. There are gonna be a pain to order as the 08's are gone and there are already waiting lists on the 09s for like 3 months plus

Old 08-22-2008, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by bbpGEftmfw
Dude good luck with the dealership ordering any manuals in the color you want. Apparently the manuals dont sell as well to the general masses. And if you want to stand out from general masses the blend in silver not be great for being unique. Have fun with tw. I still would order one to make sure your are actually getting one in your desired combo some time this year. There are gonna be a pain to order as the 08's are gone and there are already waiting lists on the 09s for like 3 months plus
Yeah I have pretty much already decided on the TW, and (because of a friend a few months ago) am already #1 on the waiting list at my dealership. Didn't have to put a deposit down, but whenever they can get their first TW Sport 5spd w/ Nav I have the option to buy it.

I was glad to see the 09s going on sale August 26th, but hopefully they do not get the one I want until later in September or October. I am getting married Sept. 6th and will be on our honeymoon until the the 15th. Another wrench in the plan is that we are planning to test drive an 08 Accord EX-L 5speed this weekend that my girl really likes. If it has enough storage room for my work stuff we may end up going that route instead...

Old 08-23-2008, 01:29 AM
NOOOOOOOO. The accord is very very sexy, this is undeniable. The fit will have more than enough storage for all that work stuff and get at least 10 miles more to the gallon. I think that is the sell for me. The fit will also be much more fun to drive. I dont care if I have to wait 4 months for my fit, the wait is gonna be worth it.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by bbpGEftmfw
NOOOOOOOO. The accord is very very sexy, this is undeniable. The fit will have more than enough storage for all that work stuff and get at least 10 miles more to the gallon. I think that is the sell for me. The fit will also be much more fun to drive. I dont care if I have to wait 4 months for my fit, the wait is gonna be worth it.
I test drove a few accords and a 4-dr civic si today. The civic & 2-door accords didn't have enough room in the trunk. The 4-door accords however did and were very comfortable on the interstate, which is where I drive most.

The 268hp V6 was a blast to drive and has a mpg rating of 19/29. However most guys are reporting getting much less than this in real world driving. The 190hp 5spd 4 banger is rated at 22/31 and most guys are reporting higher than that, so an extra 10mpg for the Fit may be a stretch, but still a comsiderable difference. It was more than fast enough for me, actually sounded pretty good, and seemed to handle better than the V6 which is 600lbs heavier. My guess is that the V6 owners find it hard to resist dipping into that power! I was slamming every car I drove around the on/off ramps and was very impressed at how much they all took before VSA kicked in.

I have bluetooth and XM with my Navigation system now. Not having that on the new Fit has been a turn off, but it still my front-runner. We will weigh out the ups and downs, hopefully test drive the new fit and then see what happens I guess...

Old 08-23-2008, 04:46 AM
i say get white but if they get pink i say jump on that thats hella jdm yo. lol

Old 08-23-2008, 04:48 AM
I'd take TW over any color. TW are classic Honda color IMO (although the Fit is no type R, i know...)

(too bad that it's not an option for 08 Fit, damn it )

Old 08-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rain1
I'd take TW over any color. TW are classic Honda color IMO (although the Fit is no type R, i know...)

(too bad that it's not an option for 08 Fit, damn it )
You know, this rather amazes me - I've never even considered buying a white or off-white car. Can you explain the appeal of white? I hae always felt it is boring, like a blank piece of paper.

I will say some of the pearl whites are nice up close, really like a pearl with lots of color flecks. More like an opal. But most whites are just plain white.