General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Beemer to Jazz

Old 09-17-2005, 12:50 AM
Beemer to Jazz

I live in a city at the south of Manila. My first car after college was a Honda Civic ESi (1993). I felt great driving that car. It was fast, agile and powerful. I loved that car until I realized that I need a well-balanced car with ABS. I'm a driver who is not fond of highly modifying the car. A little increase of horsepower by upgrading the sparkplugs, hi-tension wires and air filter; and wider tires for improve grip would put a smile on my face. I'm not a racer but I drive my car fast on highways and country roads, sometimes to the limit (you can drive anyway you want in the Philippines), but I still keep a little sanity to refrain my self from pushing it too far. I'd prefer buying a good car rather than modify a decent car to make it nice to handle. That's why I sold the Civic and bought a BMW316i (1998). I was single and nothing mattered to me then but my car and chicks. I still have the BM up to now. I only have praises for the car. It may not be as powerful as the Civic but it's a whole new high when I first experienced driving the BM. The BM is so composed even when cruising at high speeds along a twisty country road which I daily trudge. A far cry from the Civic. I once had a 180 degree, untintentional spin along that national highway while racing with another ESi. I was just so lucky I did not hit anything. The BMW on the other hand can be thrown around like a rag doll that you will only be able to trash it if you are really abusive. One can truly say that the BMW is the ultimate driving machine. Eight years after, I have a family with three kids. I'm now living in the city where I work and so I seldom get to drive on the 16-kilometer highway that I used to travel when I was still single. I bought a Chevrolete Venture to accomodate every member including the nannies and the whole house. I use the BMW everyday to go around the city but I think and I really feel that this car is more suited to the fast lane. It feels heavy in city traffic (I get my share of admiring stares and smiles though). And so I'm seriously considering buying a small but great car right now. This lead me to this web site. Only the Jazz can 'fit' in my requirements after a couple of weeks searching. I've checked the BMW 1 series but it's still a bit heavy for the type of city driving that I have. Besides, these are hard times and the 1 is a bit too expensive these days. The Jazz is the best thing with power, size, space and agility. I'm currently selling my car, the BMW 316i E36, and excited to acquire the Jazz. To those who might be interested, my mobile phone is (0917)504-6531 and my landline number is (043)984-0485. The BMW has 30,000 kilometers in it's counter. It is all-original, unmodified, well-maintained and dealer serviced.

Last edited by arnieparnie; 09-17-2005 at 12:54 AM.