General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Bad luck with my '07

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
Bad luck with my '07

I ordered my '07 Fit Sport M/T in Vivid Blue Pearl early in June of '06. I finally received it the second week of August with 4 miles on the odo. At the time, I didn't know that the dealer did tinting, so after a bunch of research, I went to a place that had been around for a while and had the tinting I wanted. After I got the car home post-tint, I noticed a couple oddities...when the morons were cutting the tinting, they gouged the paint on 3 of the 4 windows down to the metal! Not only that, but when they pulled out the rear door panel to tuck in the tinting, they cracked the plastic panel! (at this point, I'd had the car 3 days)

I got that taken care of finally and all was well for about a year.

First of November '07, I'm stopped in a long line of traffic on a surface street, when I look up in my rearview mirror in time to see the Toyota Sienna of Vengeance bearing down on my pride and joy at about 35 mph.

The impact didn't set off any airbags, but she did tear up my rear end pretty good. And pushed me into the minivan in front of me, which crunched my front end. And pushed the minivan into a Jeep.

I had it trailered to the dealer's body shop, and got it back about 6 weeks later - mid December. The insurance company didn't consider it totalled, though the bill for damages came to about $9300. The body shop did a pretty good job, but there's always that feeling that my baby has been defiled.

Last, but not least...I have the standard stick-shift knob, no aftermarket, and I had noticed that it started to seem to be slipping a bit. I didn't pay much attention to it until one day that I took a close look. The knob was separating! The inner part that screws on, with the 1-2-3-4-5-R faceplate was staying still, but the rubber part around it was starting to come apart.
So, back to the dealer. They evaluated it as a warranty repair, but as such, they couldn't just hand me the part (or let me keep the old one), so I had to have their guys change it out - no charge.

So that's the sad tale of my '07 Fit. I still love this car, and am amazed at how much room there is - I'm debating on maybe trading in my current one for an '09. With the way the dealers are giving premiums on used econo-cars, I'm hoping that my accident would not affect trade-in value too much.

Old 07-30-2008, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
That sucks, poor fit, I know the feeling. After something happens to your pride and joy, it seems like it is never right, you wish it could go back to normal.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
Sound like your Fit been through heel.
That tint place sound shady.
Cutting into paint and cracking panels.
I've never seen a tint place taking off door panels. No need to.
Hopefully it will be better from now on.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
Was the driver of the Sienna using a cellular phone?

Old 07-31-2008, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
From what I gathered after seeing the police report, she was in the left lane, thought that the right lane (that I was in) was moving, so changed lanes. She learned her mistake real quick. The lady in the front jeep, 2 ahead of me, had a baby in a car seat that I don't think even woke up, but according to the police report, she had an ambulance called out later.
I can only imagine what the ladies insurance bill was - her bumper fell off after we moved the vehicles, and the lady in front of me had front and rear damage - mostly body stuff - to her van. The Jeep of the lady in the very front had the exterior spare tire pushed into the liftgate, plus whatever the medical stuff was.