General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

I Got Rear-Ended Today

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
Unhappy I Got Rear-Ended Today

This is probably not the best way to start my first thread.

Well today on my way back from my lunch break at work (my last saturday of work too), I was rear ended as I came to a stop at a light. The light was already yellow and I decided to not try to make it through. Well the guy behind me had his own idea and thought that he could make it through. I was probably going 5-10mph before I came to a stop, while he was going around 10-15mph.

Enough of the story and on to the pictures (excuse the crappy cell phone pics)

Name:  0802081253-1.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  67.9 KB

Name:  0802081253a-1.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  46.6 KB

Name:  0802081253b-1.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  56.2 KB

Name:  0802081322a-1.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  68.3 KB

Name:  0802081259-1.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  80.2 KB

Name:  0802081336a-1.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  53.6 KB

and a picture of his car/damage

Name:  0802081258a-1.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  73.6 KB

It is no where near as bad as I thought it was but it still hurts to see my baby like this. I am going to the body shop on monday to get an estimate on how much its gonna cost and how long its gonna take. I need my car to be fixed before I go back up to college .

I will start a photo thread when it gets fixed.

-Michael

Old 08-02-2008, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
ouch! sorry to see tht... hopefully shes back to perfect soon!

Old 08-02-2008, 09:08 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
Glad you're okay, sorry about the car, can't wait to see it fixed.

I saw a rear-ender last week; a girl in a Civic got rammed by a delivery van. It was a lot worse than yours but everyone was unhurt in that one too.

Old 08-03-2008, 02:36 AM
5 Year Member
damn i am seeing a trend here at least once a week i see a accident post.
but sorry to see a nice fit get mess up.

Old 08-03-2008, 02:49 AM
I wonder if he knows he has to pay for JDM TAILLIGHTS.

Old 08-03-2008, 02:50 AM
Retired Moderator
Damn! Sorry to see this bro.
GL with the repairs.

Tyler

Old 08-03-2008, 03:13 AM
I'm terribly sorry for your incident of such a beautiful car, but more importantly, WHAT DO YOU MEAN CRAPPY CELL PICTURES? Those are so clean, what do you have!

Old 08-03-2008, 03:32 AM
omg, so sorry to hear that, mine's rear ended last sunday, it wasn't that bad comapre to yours but i was pissed, i just changed the whole rear bumper out

Old 08-03-2008, 03:34 AM
5 Year Member
^ haah i was just about to say the same thing...those are pretty good pics for a cell phone

Old 08-03-2008, 09:51 AM
hey what better time to upgrade to an aftermarket rear bumper?

Old 08-03-2008, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
Well I guess my 12 hour work day combined with this accident led me to sleep till noon today, so I have some replies to make:

Firebat666: Yeah it does look bad but the body shop should have it looking good as new.

wdb: Yeah the important part was that I was not hurt in the accident. People driving nowadays are not always paying 100% attention to the road.

kodo: Yeah I have seen quite a few accident threads, but with the fit growing in popularity there are more of them to get hit. Thanks for calling my car nice .

drzenitram: I have not talked to State Farm about who has to pay for the light. If I do, o well they look so much better than the OEM ones.

TOOL: Seeing Fit accident pictures is never good, Full pictures will be up when the car gets fixed.

Wuze, fork nSpoon: Thanks for calling my car beautiful. I guess the pictures are better then the average camera phone. Its an LG VX8600, I love the phone but after having it for about 2 years the battery didnt even last through yesterdays 12hr work day.

Vile10: Sorry to hear about your accident. I am pissed but I really couldn't have avoided it. Yeah I wish I just needed a new bumper. The rear quarter panel needs some work too.

boon4376: Yeah I have thought about that, but i can't find one that would look good with the stock front/sides.

Thanks everyone for your replies, more updates as they happen.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
ah man sucks that you got rear ended. but hey i guess this gives you an opportunity to make your Fit that much nicer.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
Where did this happen? Also, I cannot believe I have not seen your car. I am in Gainseville on the weekends and stay around the Oaks Mall area.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by osborne
Where did this happen? Also, I cannot believe I have not seen your car.
This happened in Coral Springs. I am home for the summer from UF. You probably have not seen my car because the last time in Gainesville it was just your average stock Fit.
I think that I may have seen your car when a couple of times during my last semester. I am heading back up there when my car gets fixed so im sure your are bound to see it.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
What did he do, slide into your rear end cross-ways?? Too bad that happened - it looks like his Camry took about as much damage as your Fit. Heck of a lot of damage for just 15 mph, isn't it?

Is yours the Tidewater Blue color? Because that's really pretty - it didn't look that good in the brochures. Love the taillights.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
eesh, sorry about the accident. how were you feeling the following day? neck/back sore? numbness in your fingers/hands/arms? oh noes! get some physical therapy then claim "pain & suffering." it's JDM conversion time

in all seriousness, luckily the other driver had only clipped your right side and neither of you were hurt. hope it all works out for you.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:05 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410
Well I guess my 12 hour work day combined with this accident led me to sleep till noon today, so I have some replies to make:

Firebat666: Yeah it does look bad but the body shop should have it looking good as new.

wdb: Yeah the important part was that I was not hurt in the accident. People driving nowadays are not always paying 100% attention to the road.

kodo: Yeah I have seen quite a few accident threads, but with the fit growing in popularity there are more of them to get hit. Thanks for calling my car nice .

drzenitram: I have not talked to State Farm about who has to pay for the light. If I do, o well they look so much better than the OEM ones.

TOOL: Seeing Fit accident pictures is never good, Full pictures will be up when the car gets fixed.

Wuze, fork nSpoon: Thanks for calling my car beautiful. I guess the pictures are better then the average camera phone. Its an LG VX8600, I love the phone but after having it for about 2 years the battery didnt even last through yesterdays 12hr work day.

Vile10: Sorry to hear about your accident. I am pissed but I really couldn't have avoided it. Yeah I wish I just needed a new bumper. The rear quarter panel needs some work too.

boon4376: Yeah I have thought about that, but i can't find one that would look good with the stock front/sides.

Thanks everyone for your replies, more updates as they happen.
Do you have a repair cost yet? Curious as to what that sort of repair will run and what insurance would pay. Obviously the other guy is at fault here - and I guess he had insurance.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
ask for OEM lights~~~

they cost more than the N1 LED lights.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Juliane
What did he do, slide into your rear end cross-ways??

Is yours the Tidewater Blue color? Because that's really pretty - it didn't look that good in the brochures. Love the taillights.
Unfortunately I was not looking in the rear-view so I don't know he hit me. I am assuming that he tried to swerve to avoid hitting me.

Its Storm Silver Metallic, its just that my cell phone camera doesn't take the best outside pictures, so it looks a little off.

Originally Posted by chaaree
eesh, sorry about the accident...it's JDM conversion time
I've thought about a JDM conversion or even a different rear bumper but I couldn't find one that suited my tastes or even looked halfway decent. Its going back to the stock bumper.

Originally Posted by CuTeBoi
ask for OEM lights~~~

they cost more than the N1 LED lights.
I wish that I could but then both would need to be replaced. I am not even sure if the DEPO ones I have will be covered because they are only sold in pairs and
they are just a tad more the the stock passenger light by itself. Either way I am not going back to those ugly stock lights

and I hope this multi-quote works

Old 08-13-2008, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Juliane
Do you have a repair cost yet? Curious as to what that sort of repair will run and what insurance would pay. Obviously the other guy is at fault here - and I guess he had insurance.
Almost over looked this post. Umm I have no idea how much it cost or whose insurance is paying for what. My mom deals with all the paperwork stuff
cause I would just lose/forget about it. The other guy was at fault so hopefully we can get his insurance company to pay for my deductible. When its
all finished I am sure I can get a rough number of how much it cost.

Quick Reply: I Got Rear-Ended Today