General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

I Got Rear-Ended Today

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410
Almost over looked this post. Umm I have no idea how much it cost or whose insurance is paying for what. My mom deals with all the paperwork stuff
cause I would just lose/forget about it. The other guy was at fault so hopefully we can get his insurance company to pay for my deductible. When its
all finished I am sure I can get a rough number of how much it cost.
You will have to pay your deductible initially because Florida is a no-fault state. Your insurance company would then have to take the other motorist or his insurer to civil court to recoup their expenses and your deductible. Some may argue that the no-fault is in regards to the medical aspect of the accident, but that is not always true. Good luck with everything and let me know if I can help with anything when you get back to Gainesville.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:39 AM
5 Year Member
If that guy is smart all he has to say is that those brake lights are not DOT aproved and then your f@#$%. No disrespect but thats the way it goes. flame on

Old 08-13-2008, 09:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sonicsc1
If that guy is smart all he has to say is that those brake lights are not DOT aproved and then your f@#$%. No disrespect but thats the way it goes. flame on
Well those taillights are the DEPO ones as opposed to the N1 ones.
DEPO: Link
N1: Link

On the website for the DEPOs they claim to be " SAE/DOT Compliant! SAE AIRST81DOT* Legal use on all public roads & highway." I have no idea if this is true
or if it makes any difference but DEPOs website in the FAQs states that
"all lamps distributed by DEPO and sold to U.S.A/Canada are SAE/DOT compliant."

Also most people have no idea that they are aftermarket lights. The body shop had no clue that they were aftermarket until I told them that they
were and that I had to order replacements.

The accident happened at about 12-1 in the afternoon. If he could not see that my car was at a stop brakelights or not, that is still his fault.
If my car was a manual and I was stopped in neutral with my foot off the brakes regardless if the OEM or JDM replicas were on the car they would
have not be emitting any light. So even though the tail lights in that case do not at all contribute to the accident I would be in trouble?